Why did Xtina win the BNA Grammy instead of her peers?

D.M.F

Xtina beat and OVERSHADOWED 4 of her peers with little to no effort for the BNA Grammy. Why do you think that happened? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brainmaniac

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• dirrtydiana

• Distantconstellation

Top Posters In This Topic

People thought her career was going to be a lot more than it turned out to be. No one expected her to fizzle out after just a few years while her peers surpassed her, but she just never developed an artistic identity and her output became pretty consistently poor.

I mean look at the fellow nominees that year

Christina had way more talent than all of them.....combined :rip:

22 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

People thought her career was going to be a lot more than it turned out to be. No one expected her to fizzle out after just a few years while her peers surpassed her, but she just never developed an artistic identity and her output became pretty consistently poor.

this:fan:

Xtina had the most natural talent out of the other nominees.

1) “Genie In A Bottle” was one of the most acclaimed songs of 1999.

- It made the YE top five critics list (Rolling Stone magazine) for singles released that year. 

- It was the second best selling single released in 1999, behind Cher‘s “Believe”.

All of the above played a large part in her garnering points from GRAMMY voters, as pointed in various news reports at that time.

2) Unlike her other close, Teen-Pop, peers, she was deemed both vocally and musically talented.

3) Two of the other ‘Best New Artist’ nominees split points - Kid Rock and Susan Tedeschi - given they were both nominated in the Rock categories too. Macy Gray was Aguilera’s biggest competition, however “I Try” was released and didn’t peak until after the GRAMMY’s hence its nominations at the 2001 ceremony instead. Had it peaked before the cut-off, she just may have won it though there’s no guarantee. 

Britney Spears never stood a chance.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Because the committee isnt run by chubby sassy gays who think your life magically gets better once u turn 30. 

Also, what haltered Spears’ chance of ever winning any major awards that era were the singles released following “…Baby, One More Time”.

”Sometimes” had a mixed reception from critics at the time and “Crazy (You Drive Me)” saw generally positive reviews but most critics thought it was ‘too similar’ to “BOMT”. 

Overall, “BOMT” was the only single from the era that saw a widely positive reception whereas everything following it was mostly ignored and seen as too ‘scmaltzy’ and ‘childish’. 

:michael:

Had “Ooos, I Did It Again” been Spears’ debut album, I think the reception may have been different especially with songs such as “Stronger” and “DLMBTLTK”. 

she was the only musically talented one :sorry:

3 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Also, what haltered Spears’ chance of ever winning any major awards that era were the singles released following “…Baby, One More Time”.

”Sometimes” had a mixed reception from critics at the time and “Crazy (You Drive Me)” saw generally positive reviews but most critics thought it was ‘too similar’ to “BOMT”. 

Overall, “BOMT” was the only single from the era that saw a widely positive reception whereas everything following it was mostly ignored and seen as too ‘scmaltzy’ and ‘childish’. 

:michael:

Had “Ooos, I Did It Again” been Spears’ debut album, I think the reception may have been different especially with songs such as “Stronger” and “DLMBTLTK”. 

The Grammy producers have an extremely low opinion of Britney too.

The main Grammy producer said that Britney’s Grammy performance was terrible and that  asking Britney to perform that year was one of the biggest mistakes of his career :dies: and that he should have Christina to perform instead 

1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

The main Grammy producer said that Britney’s Grammy performance was terrible and that  asking Britney to perform that year was one of the biggest mistakes of his career :dies: and that he should have Christina to perform instead 

then they beg justin bieber and bts to come to the show. love how sweet karma works! :dies:

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

Tea :clap3: 

also the way OP is still harping on a trophy from like 3 decades ago.. move on sis

12 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

I remember that.

:rip:

Aguilera’s manager at the time was asked why she didn’t perform and they said it didn’t matter because she won more awards than those who did perform. 

:deadbanana4:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

6 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

then they beg justin bieber and bts to come to the show. love how sweet karma works! :dies:

He retired a few years ago, so no he didn’t get “ karma” since it’s not his call anymore lol 

Btw, The Grammy producer also said that in 2005 Britney emailed him and asked him if she could present an award. And he laughed and never responded. Britney really can’t read a room :gaycat6:

6 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Tea :clap3: 

also the way OP is still harping on a trophy from like 3 decades ago.. move on sis

Ok should we instead talk about how her last English release which was almost two decades into her career still got two Grammy noms instead? Should we talk about that? I think that’s a great idea 

6 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I remember that.

:rip:

Aguilera’s manager at the time was asked why she didn’t perform and they said it didn’t matter because she won more awards than those who did perform. 

:deadbanana4:

LOL! :mandown: Christina’s manager always telling it like is :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Btw, The Grammy producer also said that in 2005 Britney emailed him and asked him if she could present an award. And he laughed and never responded. Britney really can’t read a room 

Wow! I’m learning so much about Britney from her biggest fans! Although I was raised to never believe anything without a source.

OT:  oh boy, some may say 2000 was the start of the Grammys decline in credibility but boy were they right about this one! 

4-AB6-ECD2-1-BD7-4-EA2-A321-945-F025-F5-

9 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Wow! I’m learning so much about Britney from her biggest fans! Although I was raised to never believe anything without a source.

You’re literally always claiming untrue things and running when confronted for a source :dies:

Anyway, he’s done interviews about this which is why someone else in this thread even said they remembered what he said and he’s mentioned it in the book he wrote too, so go check it out if you still are in denial :rip:

9 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

You’re literally always claiming untrue things and running when confronted for a source :dies:

Anyway, he’s done interviews about this which is why someone else in this thread even said they remembered what he said and he’s mentioned it in the book he wrote too, so go check it out if you still are in denial :rip:

All I state are cold hard facts which is why you can’t stay out of my notifications. Obviously the truth hits some nerves!

even if what he says is true he’ll remain a complete no one and Britney will remain a legend. Just the fact that 5 years later they had to swallow their pride and nominate womanizer and invite her. Stay losing :lmao:

Edited by dirrtydiana

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.