Loreen - "Neon Lights"

nathanspears

This is brilliant. I hope this leads to a new album or EP, unlike her past singles.

It really pains me how she keeps sabotaging her career and talent with those long ass breaks between releases.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Outlaws

• justjess

• mrmarrero

This is absolutely amazing. Classic Loreen sound right here. 

I've had this on repeat for the last 2 days. My goodness....I hope we get more music from her soon!! 

13 hours ago, mathekr said:

This is brilliant. I hope this leads to a new album or EP, unlike her past singles.

It really pains me how she keeps sabotaging her career and talent with those long ass breaks between releases.

All of this :chick3:

Hopefully the music video comes out this week and she does that morning show she usually does. She needs another lil push in Sweden I think especially to start getting some radio play.

There's also a Dolby Atmos mix coming, I hope that gives it another push.

I want this song to be successful so badly :jonny2:

Edited by nathanspears

Right on cue she has some radio promo coming, I love whoever is managing her now :jonny:

Take with the biggest pinch of salt ever but:

https://universalmusic.no/nyheter/

Loreen is back with her new single "Neon Lights", an energetic song that gives Loreen the opportunity to shine with her well-known vocal range. The song has a dramatic 80's feel to it, with both Moog synthesizers and a pulsating drum beat that binds the song together. "Neon Lights" is written in collaboration with Peter Kvint and Maria Smith, and is the first single leading up to an album release next year.

1 hour ago, nathanspears said:

At least we're getting a new album, even if the release will be in the next year! Maybe she can do some promo until there.

Just now, Unknown_boy_PT said:

At least we're getting a new album, even if the release will be in the next year! Maybe she can do some promo until there.

Nn are you a new Loreen fan? We get told many times there's an album coming and then nothing :deadbanana4:

Let's pray and we'll see what happens. At this point, I'll be over the moon if we get the rest of the new singles and put together into a nice 5 track EP. I'm not going to hold my breath for a full album any time soon.

Well, I hope it's leading to an album. It's been almost five years since her last one, and it's gonna be six by the time she releases it. It would be a shame after five years to only release an EP. I love her music, but the pattern how she releases it is just terrible!

1 hour ago, nathanspears said:

Nn are you a new Loreen fan? We get told many times there's an album coming and then nothing :deadbanana4:

Let's pray and we'll see what happens. At this point, I'll be over the moon if we get the rest of the new singles and put together into a nice 5 track EP. I'm not going to hold my breath for a full album any time soon.

I'm actually ? But I'm already used to her huge gaps between albums so that's fine for me. At least we got a new song to enjoy for a while, just hoping for some promo! But an EP before the album would be great too!

15 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Not gonna get my hopes up, but still hopeful that she follows through this time, especially being in a new label.

This is so good wtf. Sounds like it could be OST to the upcoming Avatar film :jonny4: 

I never listen to her stuff besides Euphoria. Will definitely check them out after this masterpiece :heart2:

1 hour ago, hurricane326 said:

The songs Jupiter Drive and Ride are gothic pop masterpieces. They're slow and brooding, building to euphoric highs at the end, while maintaining a mystical, nocturnal aura.

Truly magical

Will check them out too. Meanwhile i just finished my 2nd listening of Heal. One of the best pop girl albums ever. The best dance pop record i’ve heard in years :jonny5: Our faves wish they have a My Heart is refusing me/Euphoria. Everytime, Sidewalk, Crying out your name are all immaculate as well. 

I’m actually fuming because imagine the exposure and slayage if she’s a US-UK gorl :weeps:

1 hour ago, SmashingMiley said:

Will check them out too. Meanwhile i just finished my 2nd listening of Heal. One of the best pop girl albums ever. The best dance pop record i’ve heard in years :jonny5: Our faves wish they have a My Heart is refusing me/Euphoria. Everytime, Sidewalk, Crying out your name are all immaculate as well. 

I’m actually fuming because imagine the exposure and slayage if she’s a US-UK gorl :weeps:

Yessss Jupiter Drive and Ride are great...very moody/atmospheric pieces!!

@SmashingMiley, you'll love them!!! :jonny6:

i can't believe this is the first single from upcoming album! coming next year. Did she scrapped ATLAS? and/the swedish language album? 

4 hours ago, paradisedarkness said:

i can't believe this is the first single from upcoming album! coming next year. Did she scrapped ATLAS? and/the swedish language album? 

I think elements of ATLAS will be part of this new project. She's already described how the way she does her vocals in Neon Lights and the whole "alpha woman" concept is inspired by her heritage. There is a song called Atlas that she performed like twice but I know absolutely nothing else about it. It's not registered anywhere.

I think the Swedish album is well and truly scrapped. As far as I know, Neon Lights was originally Swedish as was the other songs she did with Peter Kvint so the fact they re-recorded it to be English makes me feel like there's a reason behind it. I think this new project will be entirely English but who knows.

Edited by nathanspears

The more I listen to it the more I adore it :WAP: it gets bigger everytime

On 5/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, nathanspears said:

"Neon Lights" is written in collaboration with Peter Kvint and Maria Smith, and is the first single leading up to an album release next year.

LMAOOOO the classic Loreen :ahh: what did we expect...

I hope "I Waited" makes the new album tracklist, it's so emotional :cries:

11:00 she calls it an EP, again I'm not getting too excited. I'm just happy to have new music with a fantastic direction

Edited by nathanspears

omg,loreen i'm waiting for official video

I am still obsessed with this. I love it so much.

I hadn't connected that much with her "recent" music, as I did with this :heart:

(recent music = Fiction Feels Good, her attempts in swedish, etc.)

Does anyone know when Sverigetopplistan gets updated? I really hope it's charted :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.