The Rings of Power | Prime Video | Episode 5: 'Halls of Stone' | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

Season 2 is off to a really strong start. Currently 92% on RT and certified fresh, which has the whole anti-woke Tolkien fanatic brigade absolutely enraged. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• Feanor

• SpankGangsta

First 3 episodes were strong,  the visual effects are absolutely incredible :clap3:

• Like 1

I just finished the first episode and I forgot how much Nori looks like Katy :deadbanana:

pretty strong first ep imo. the visuals are so good

• Like 2

The way I am stuck in computer lab, inputting my data for my thesis when I should be home getting my life with Gandalf. I'm so jealous of y'all who got to watch the first three episodes (;~;) .

Edited by Phaunzie

loving it so far. Even though i couldn't care less for the humans and harfoots. Give me more elves, orcs and daddy Sauron :giraffe:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, narid said:

Season 2 is off to a really strong start. Currently 92% on RT and certified fresh, which has the whole anti-woke Tolkien fanatic brigade absolutely enraged. 

lol you have no idea how hard it's avoiding them on twitter because once you read one of their tweets, my whole TL becomes a miserable place. Feels nice watching the show without having to read their daily bs. Highly recommended  :celestial2::celestial4::celestial3:

Edited by Drowned8World
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That extremely brief moment of the orc dad checking in on his baby was so sweet :'(

25 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

That extremely brief moment of the orc dad checking in on his baby was so sweet :'(

the book purists were fuming with that scene lol

Those 3 episode were really good! Episode 3 with the horse had me EMOTIONAL!:jonny: can't wait to see the next episode!

I loved all the episodes so far. Sauron is a God correct? Like his spirit can't die?

finally got around watch the premiere, i really enjoyed these 3 episodes. the Annatar stuff is what I was expecting S1 to be. i think they've nailed depicting his deceptions as credible/persuasive without making the elves look dumb. but I get what they were trying to do with season 1, as a set up and origin story to whole lot of characters/locations before the truly canon stuff kicks into gear with season 2 onward.

anyway so far so good, you get the high drama with the elves, the salty heart of the dwarves, folksy charm with the harfoots and the evil with Adar and Sauron. and it all still looks stunning.

based on locations I'd rank it: Mordor/Sauron/Adar > Lindon/Elves > Eregion/Annatar > Kazad Dum/Dwarves > Southlander/Isildur > Rhun/Harfoots > Numenor

On 8/31/2024 at 2:11 AM, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I loved all the episodes so far. Sauron is a God correct? Like his spirit can't die?

yeah you nailed it, his spirit pretty much can't die, even at the end of the LOTR trilogy he's technically not dead dead, he's just being reduced to a spirit that is so diminished that he can't ever come back into anything. the one ring made him powerful but that was also his biggest demise because he put so much of himself into it, if someone destroyed it he wouldn't have the power to reincarnate.

I advise you to watch the Screencrush every week like they did for season 1; they really good and short breakdown (except this week because its 3 episodes). 

they explain at the beginning of the video what kind of being Sauron is

• Like 1

I love the second season so far, but I have to admit that my interest dwindles whenever the focus shifts to Númenor. I just don't have it in me to be interested in it for whatever reason, and I always have the urge to just skip its scenes.

• Like 3

I really want to like this show but it's so poorly written. Galadriel is so insufferable and that's not the actress' fault, it's the writing.

It sucks because the sets and the cinematography are amazing and some the casting is truly amazing. But the writing is just so mid 

'Shouldn't We Be Having More Fun in Middle Earth?' - Vulture

Indeed. I watched the first two episodes and I found myself zoning out at times. They didn't learn a thing from season one. 

Prime truly messed up a surefire hit. 

They pissed off the fanbase by not staying true to Tolkien's work. 

The GP might be more forgiving, but they couldn't even come up with a half decent script.

If the show gets renewed (the ratings are apparently not great), hire a new team. 

————————————

"A Dreadful, Jumbled Mockery Of Tolkien's 'The Lord Of The Rings' - Forbes

'Lord of the Rings' series 'The Rings of Power' is beautiful but empty in Season 2' - USA Today

'The Rings of Power' Makes 'Lord of the Rings' a Boring Slog in a Lifeless Season 2' - Variety

'The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' Season 2 Review: TV's Most Expensive Series Remains Stunningly Boring' - TheWrap

'Garish and disrespectful towards JRR Tolkien's writing, the second season of Prime Video's Lord of the Rings prequel will leave fans cold' - Telegraph

'The Prime Video series lacks the instantly likeable and sympathetic characters, all perfectly cast, of Peter Jackson's movie trilogy' - Independent

————————————

Edited by bluceleste
  • Like 1

Global ratings smasha:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bluceleste said:

Indeed. I watched the first two episodes and I found myself zoning out at times. They didn't learn a thing from season one. 

Prime truly messed up a surefire hit. 

They pissed off the fanbase by not staying true to Tolkien's work. 

The GP might be more forgiving, but they couldn't even come up with a half decent script.

If the show gets renewed (the ratings are apparently not great), hire a new team. 

————————————

"A Dreadful, Jumbled Mockery Of Tolkien's 'The Lord Of The Rings' - Forbes

'Lord of the Rings' series 'The Rings of Power' is beautiful but empty in Season 2' - USA Today

'The Rings of Power' Makes 'Lord of the Rings' a Boring Slog in a Lifeless Season 2' - Variety

'The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' Season 2 Review: TV's Most Expensive Series Remains Stunningly Boring' - TheWrap

'Garish and disrespectful towards JRR Tolkien's writing, the second season of Prime Video's Lord of the Rings prequel will leave fans cold' - Telegraph

'The Prime Video series lacks the instantly likeable and sympathetic characters, all perfectly cast, of Peter Jackson's movie trilogy' - Independent

————————————

you lot are so draining.   :khalyan2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.