I fought my father.

ANTIclimatic

9 hours ago, ANTIclimatic said:

She always somehow finds a way to push the blame onto Satan. There can't be fault if you don't admit one. She's sold her heart to religion and hasn't left any me.

Are you gay?

I came from a super religious upbringing too. Mostly my mom who always goes to church my father never went lol. But my father passed before I told my family I was gay of course my mom thought it was just a phase but now she's come around.  Things can get better. But at the same time I never experienced these fights with my father so I can really relate but maybe someone here has a more similar experience who can help.

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

Are you gay?

I came from a super religious upbringing too. Mostly my mom who always goes to church my father never went lol. But my father passed before I told my family I was gay of course my mom thought it was just a phase but now she's come around.  Things can get better. But at the same time I never experienced these fights with my father so I can really relate but maybe someone here has a more similar experience who can help.

Yeah, I honestly doubt my mom is going to come around and feel pretty content with that. I've talked to a lot of people here who have had the same experience and it was nice to express how I feel to them. I'm sorry about your fathers passing. 

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

sounds like you did the right thing

good thing you break stuff around him cause lord knows someone would've broken his face if they were in your shoes, but going to jail for that RAT isnt worth it

Not worth it at all. Thanks for the comment.

3 hours ago, Mariano said:

I'm really sorry some of you are going through stuff like that :hughard:  I hope you'll be able to move out/overcome these things soon enough and live a better life! 

Thank you! Everyone's support has motivated me to do so. :heart2:

3 hours ago, Cheers said:

Not people telling him to move out like it's that easy :rip: 

Stay safe!

lol and thank you 

13 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

Yeah, I honestly doubt my mom is going to come around and feel pretty content with that. I've talked to a lot of people here who have had the same experience and it was nice to express how I feel to them. I'm sorry about your fathers passing. 

what kind of resources do you have?  i see some said to move out.  Is it possible to stay with a friend?

11 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Your problem is exactly my problem. Like very very similar. My dad, for MANY TIMES, used knives and scissors to intimidate me and many times it was so close... and that happened since I was a little child. He always said "lemme cut your neck in your sleep and the whole family too and then Ill commit suicide". I was traumatised as a child because of that. Since I was a child, I had dreams where I got killed. 

In general, we can never get along, after a fee words there will always conflicts and things will only go down from there. He is the type of person who thinks they are in the right all the time :toofunny3: and everybody has to obey.

You and many others here are at least luckier than me because in my country, cops wouldnt even show up in these situations. They will only show up when things are already disasters (you know what I mean) so they just... clean up the mess.. :rip: basically they dont care about family conflicts unless you killed someone in the process.

OMG :cries:

16 minutes ago, Insanity said:

what kind of resources do you have?  i see some said to move out.  Is it possible to stay with a friend?

I'm a working adult so I can accumulate the resources to support myself. I'm not sure yet if any of my friends can host me but I think it might be possible if the need arise.

Edited by ANTIclimatic

It really sucks that you had to go through that, if you need an advice, then mine would be to move out, I know it's not really easy to do but you can start saving some money, getting a roomie or something like that and when you've saved enough then leave, do it for your physical but also for your mental health. You don't deserve to go through that hell so yeah, find a way to leave that house, I know it's hard since we're talking about your parents and your house but sometimes it's better to stay away from people who bring nothing good in your life, even if that people is your own family.

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

It really sucks that you had to go through that, if you need an advice, then mine would be to move out, I know it's not really easy to do but you can start saving some money, getting a roomie or something like that and when you've saved enough then leave, do it for your physical but also for your mental health. You don't deserve to go through that hell so yeah, find a way to leave that house, I know it's hard since we're talking about your parents and your house but sometimes it's better to stay away from people who bring nothing good in your life, even if that people is your own family.

Thank you. Yeah I'm going to start saving money and will hopefully be able to move out with some friends.

Edited by ANTIclimatic

Quite frankly you should not feel bad for the fact your siblings witnessed this.  From the sound of things they have a rough ride with your parents too and they should recognise that neither of you a treated in acceptable manner by your parents.  It is entirely unacceptable for a parent to walk into a bathroom whilst it's being facilitated intentionally. Especially if your child is 25 years old. You're entitled to feel violated and anger and aggression are natural responses to feelings of violation. You mentioned that you work  are you able to save enough to move out and remove yourself from the situation? It may do you relationship with your parents some good and if not then at least it will not further exacerbate the problem. 

3 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

Quite frankly you should not feel bad for the fact your siblings witnessed this.  From the sound of things they have a rough ride with your parents too and they should recognise that neither of you a treated in acceptable manner by your parents.  It is entirely unacceptable for a parent to walk into a bathroom whilst it's being facilitated intentionally. Especially if your child is 25 years old. You're entitled to feel violated and anger and aggression are natural responses to feelings of violation. You mentioned that you work  are you able to save enough to move out and remove yourself from the situation? It may do you relationship with your parents some good and if not then at least it will not further exacerbate the problem. 

Yeah just started my new job and plan on saving money to move out with some friends. The relationship between me and my parents has been dead coming up on a decade now and were just living under the same roof for necessity. 

The only solution is to move out. As long as you are living in his flat / house he will continue to stomp on you and treat you badly.

Maybe move in with friends or a shared apartment if you don't have the means for your own apartment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 4:27 AM, ANTIclimatic said:

She's sold her heart to religion and hasn't left any 4 me.

Beautiful line, so beautiful yet so sad.

Hope everything turns out for the best :kiss:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.