Dua Lipa vs Billie EIlish vs Justin Bieber vs Harry Styles - Tour success

Jaffery

These are the four active main names in music who are currently charting and touring in America. I wanted to see who was averaging the most and the least between their American tours. Keep in mind, this is just America and things will probably change for their international tours as I believe Bieber and Harry are doing really well selling out stadiums. I don't know too much about Billie and Dua in terms of their venues.

I think Justin will probably average out at around 1.9 - 2m during the US leg as his recent shows have been extremely expensive and all sold out, he is on his 25th show now. The justice tour is actually easily outperforming the purpose tour even in the US and will gross more than 250m after everything is said and done I believe.

Dua has a lot more reported shows at the moment and this will likely stay her average by the end of her American tour. Not bad for a new star.

Billie doing pretty good numbers too. But surprisingly not as high as I thought considering I think she sold out the fastest out of all 4.

Harry has already finished his US leg and takes the win with the highest average. Impressive numbers from him, he did a 360 arena tour which is why the average is higher, but If the others didn't do it I guess it's because they would struggle to do that? not sure.

I predict the Justice tour will end up having the highest grossing tour, followed by harry, followed by Dua Lipa and then Billie. It might be close between Harry and Justin.

Quick appearance from Louis Tomlinson, the goat of touring.

Edited by Jaffery

Harry will have the highest grossing tour. I can’t wait to see those stadium receipts, especially Wembley. 

Just by number of shows JB will be #1 and Dua would probably be #2.  Harry's numbers are pretty impressive though. 

Oh wait. Justin has 112 shows and only 3 reported. This is a no brainer, then. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

21 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

Billie doing pretty good numbers too. But surprisingly not as high as I thought considering I think she sold out the fastest out of all 4.

She only has 6 shows updated

If we count by final tally numbers of the whole tour Harry's will be bigger. He has 76 shows (iirc) and he's gonna add Australia Asia and a North American leg in stadiums imo, for 2023. Remember he's combining Fine Line with Harry's House because of COVID (well, Justin and Billie are also combining right? Dua isn't because her eras are so long). The numbers right now are just arena shows in America.

Louis doing 74 shows is the bigger suprise given that he has no huge hits at all!

17 minutes ago, Green said:

I didn't know Bieber was doing 112 shows  :deadbanana2:

Bieber tours a LOT

Dua doing amazing as per usual :sistrens:

I think people underestimated Harry styles touring/star power and overestimated Billie touring power/star power. 

I think Harry will end up winning in the long game or be number #2 fine line era started slow but Harry manage to win in the long term. His new single and album will push his tour to do bigger numbers than we expected.  

billie I’m not sure why but majority of her followers are gen-z emo girls and I think her having a massive smash debut album was an overestimation on her star power. Which is why she isn’t selling as fast as the others I do think the gp is moving on from her little by little. 

Justin > Harry > Dua > Billie

1. Justin has stadiums dates all over the world, not just in Latin America and the UK like Harry.

2. Dua would finish in 3rd place just because she's doing more shows than Billie and she has stadiums in Latinamerica. 

:kitty:

I saw Bad Bunny is doing 3M per show :kitty: that’s bigger than all of these acts 

29 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I think people underestimated Harry styles touring/star power and overestimated Billie touring power/star power. 

I think Harry will end up winning in the long game or be number #2 fine line era started slow but Harry manage to win in the long term. His new single and album will push his tour to do bigger numbers than we expected.  

billie I’m not sure why but majority of her followers are gen-z emo girls and I think her having a massive smash debut album was an overestimation on her star power. Which is why she isn’t selling as fast as the others I do think the gp is moving on from her little by little. 

Billie's tour is sold out :rip:

Harry will probably add an Stadium Leg tour dates at the USA for next year… it will probably be announced after the album release  the rest of the dates are already sold out

Dua & Billie will gross arround the Same both will cross 100 million :clap3: both will get biggest Global tour of this year

The other guy Don’t know & don’t care didn’t he change Stadiums to arenas ? 

38 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

I saw Bad Bunny is doing 3M per show :kitty: that’s bigger than all of these acts 

Yeah I didn’t even mention him because he is way above of them even in America. But he is limited as to where he can go. Like bieber has sold 400k tickets in Asia with like 8 shows, and he can also go to Latin America. I doubt bad bunny can go to Asia and some other places

but I could be wrong 

It’s probably gonna be 

1. Harry

2. Bieber

3. Billie

4. Dua

Billie is still yet to announce her new dates in many places, if she scraps the likes of her South American leg then Dua might do better. Harry has the potential to add a huge amount of dates right after the new album comes out.

54 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

This is for just Florida shows or for other states as well?

Even if Dua is going to be least, I’m fine with it.

She defied criticism and odds, being called a faceless act and a payola artist. 

Congrats to the Balkan queen. 

I think Harry will come out on top (:eli:)  but it absolutely brings me immense pleasure seeing how WRONG Atrl was -YET AGAIN- in regards to Bieber's touring numbers :bibliahh: king

are u purposely leaving out non-english speaking acts concerts in the USA orrrrr.... BTS has an average of $8M per night while Bad Bunny has an average of $3M 

Edited by torimin

19 minutes ago, torimin said:

are u purposely leaving out non-english speaking acts concerts in the USA orrrrr.... BTS has an average of $8M per night while Bad Bunny has an average of $3M 

Yeah because what’s the point of comparing to bad bunny and especially bts. Those are bigger monsters in touring. We should be comparing bts with Ed sheeran with bad bunny. Ed will probably come out on top if I had to guess. Not in terms of average per show but just the fact he could probably sell out 300 stadiums all over the world in 4 years if he wanted to and I think he is planning that

Edited by Jaffery
Typo

9 hours ago, Jaffery said:

Yeah I didn’t even mention him because he is way above of them even in America. But he is limited as to where he can go. Like bieber has sold 400k tickets in Asia with like 8 shows, and he can also go to Latin America. I doubt bad bunny can go to Asia and some other places

but I could be wrong 

Bad bunny sings in Spanish, I doubt that any Spanish-speaking artist can sell out stadiums in Asia. 

Just the fact that he has a more successful tour than the rest of the artists in the U.S. singing in Spanish says a lot about him.

11 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

Justin > Harry > Dua > Billie

1. Justin has stadiums dates all over the world, not just in Latin America and the UK like Harry.

2. Dua would finish in 3rd place just because she's doing more shows than Billie and she has stadiums in Latinamerica. 

:kitty:

The downside for Justin is that he only has arenas in the US while Harry did an arena leg and then will do a stadium leg most likely. So that alone will put him on top imo, but it will be close.

BTW I think Harry could've pulled off stadiums everywhere except Asia. but his team isn't that confident yet for some reason. They dropped the ball by not leaving space for a third Wembley and Manchester show, for instance. He sold out both in a day and he had four months to sell out. A third one would've been a piece of cake.

7 hours ago, Jaffery said:

Yeah because what’s the point of comparing to bad bunny and especially bts. Those are bigger monsters in touring. We should be comparing bts with Ed sheeran with bad bunny. Ed will probably come out on top if I had to guess. Not in terms of average per show but just the fact he could probably sell out 300 stadiums all over the world in 4 years if he wanted to and I think he is planning that

Bad Bunny is comparable to the artists in this thread. Well, I don't know Billie and Dua, but Harry and Bieber for sure. Bad Bunny is not even touching Oceania Europe or Asia. Bieber is huge in Asia and Harry is huge in Europe, and both are huge in Oceania. Of course Bad Bunny has the downside of singing in Spanish but touring numbers... yeah, his tour won't pull anywhere close to Ed Sheeran and it'll probably fall shorter than Justin's and Harry's. Remember that his current tour numbers are one tour (El Último Tour Del Mundo) and the stadium tour is a separate one (World's Hottest Tour).

BTS has not yet announced a tour. In the pop scene, actively touring, Ed Sheeran is the only voice dominant above others. Harry and Justin are a step below, Billie and Dua a step below them. And the only one who could tour at this level (around Ed Sheeran level) that isn't touring right now is Taylor.

8 hours ago, torimin said:

BTS didn't tour, doing multiple concerts in one venue isn't touring. It's why Billboard didn't consider them for an award. And Bad Bunny's tour won't be bigger in the long run, it's just bigger with partial numbers for Harry and Justin. Harry is gonna go back to the US once he announces Harry's House, and Justin's US tour might be slightly smaller (IDK actually I'd have to check) but it won't be with full worldwide numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.