The First Lady PANNED | Tv Show 39% on RT

X~MoviePoP

This will get me in trouble, but Viola has been taking roles that I feel don't belong to her lately. 

10 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Why? She is a great actress.

Also one-note and loves to overact. 

Oh Viola!

Reminds me of the attack on Kerry Washington’s face in Little Fires Everywhere, LOL.

21 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

This will get me in trouble, but Viola has been taking roles that I feel don't belong to her lately. 

Which roles?

Michelle Pfeiffer is getting all the acclaim with critics saying they should have just made a Betty Ford series. Ouch. 

Well Miss Viola over did it with ha face expressions

:chick3:

why are they focusing on three people too? seems messy and overstuffed. the Obama's are too recent and scandal free to be interesting too.

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah Viola making that face is a bit too distracting tbh

Even though I’m sure that’s not the reason it’s being panned :rip: 

Who thought making a show about Michelle Obama was a good idea? She has no dirty laundry or particular struggles to portrait. They should make one about Melania instead…

12 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

Why would that get you in trouble :skull:

I love Viola but I agree, they should’ve casted someone else.

Can someone provide any pics or clips of michelle obama doing these lips thing?? Ive literally never seen michelle have pucked up lips like viola is doing

19 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Can someone provide any pics or clips of michelle obama doing these lips thing?? Ive literally never seen michelle have pucked up lips like viola is doing

But that's the thing, she never did it :rip: that's what makes her performance so bizarre 

19 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

She does default to it a lot with her resting facial expression, just not as excessively and ridiculously as Viola. It's hardly a trademark of Michelle's. Never even seen anyone point it out as something specially noticeable. 

michelle-obama-on-stage-as-part-of-her-b

michelle-obama-heartbreaking-tribute-dea

gettyimages-621680074.jpg

skynews-michelle-obama-london_4508164.jp

ghows-LK-09441edb-2b91-4ef3-976d-ab88d41

Edited by Coma Baby

Gillian and Michelle are amazing. I’m beyond impressed with them. Viola… well…

I’ve been struggling to finish the first ep…I keep getting distracted. But, so far, I’m disappointed. Ugh :noparty:

Despite the panning, Viola and Gillian are ranked 3rd and 4th to be nominated at Emmys per goldderby though.

Slaying anyway

MadonnasBoyfriend

pouting my lips forever until someone ask me what im doing

On 4/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Something like this?

Viola Davis Is Getting Absolutely Roasted Over Her Portrayal Of Michelle  Obama

Spoiler

Viola Davis' portrayal of Michelle Obama mocked by fans who say her  'constant duck face' is insult to former first lady

michelle-obama.jpg

Michelle 'ma belle' | Estilo | EL PAÍS

Not the same but I get the idea, I guess

I'm sorry but Viola sis' :bibliahh:

The way she single-handedly ruined the whole show while everyone else brought their A game

FQrwB2-aMAEfiKv?format=jpg&name=360x360 

Showtime uploaded the first two episodes for free on YouTube:

Michelle Pfeiffer is the only redeeming thing about this show. It should have been a Betty Ford series. 

• 2 months later...

cancelled. 

hope michelle gets a better project centered around her in the future. both betty and eleanor already got emmy winning projects in previous decades. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.