The First Lady PANNED | Tv Show 39% on RT

X~MoviePoP

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_first_lady/s01

The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 39% approval rating with an average rating of 6.1/10, based on 18 critic reviews. The website's critics consensus reads, "Despite formidable stars and a rich history to draw from, a lack of focus and shallow characterization make The First Lady second-rate television.

Will you be watching the Awards Vehicle that now seems to be mixed to negative??

I blame violas eyebrows as michelle. 

love Viola but her lip-pouting Michelle impression is totally ridiculous  :rip:  

Well...I wonder why?

The clips really didn't seem all that promising.. I was really only interested in Viola as Michelle and to be honest she didn't look like she was giving. The lip gestures are TOO exaggerated 

Well, this is unexpected (for me at least), all those powerhouse actors playing iconic people, on a network that usually delivers some high quality shows, thought it'd be a critical hit for sure :rip:

4 minutes ago, Khal said:

Well, this is unexpected (for me at least), all those powerhouse actors playing iconic people, on a network that usually delivers some high quality shows, thought it'd be a critical hit for sure :rip:

showtime has been trash for awhile

2021: only acting emmy nom - macy in comedy actor for the 6th time

2020: only acting emmy nom - cheadle in comedy actor for the 6th time

MadonnasBoyfriend

A show about first ladies.. ? In before they cast Amy Schumer as Barbara Bush. Kylie Minogue as Melania might be cute lol

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

The show looks a little idk how to explain it, empty I guess? It just doesn't seem to compelling. 

35 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Well...I wonder why?

:deadbanana2:

---

Saw this coming. Felt exactly like the type of thing award watchers hype to the heavens because of how it looks on paper but then it actually comes out... 

38 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Well...I wonder why?

:toofunny2: is this an SNL skit :gaycat6:

Viola should have never been cast as Michelle & also the Obamas seem too recent to really have this kind of story told about their lives.

Are we surprised? Who wants to watch a movie about a wife of yet another war criminal President?

:bibliahh:

It good for a parody.

1 hour ago, Phoenixstar said:

Well...I wonder why?

:ahh:

Not that surprised. Not ATRL blaming it all on Viola though. :toofunny3:

JohnWayneHolland

I did get that vibe from the trailer, Viola was kinda doing too much with her face (specifically her lips) 

IDC. I will be watching!!! :keir:

It was a dumb idea from the start. Just make a miniseries about 1 first lady, there's no point in doing 4 of them. And it's too early for Michelle to have a biopic. Her and Viola are literally the same age rn:rip:

“At some point, it becomes more distracting to see how hard Davis is working to move her mouth like Obama’s than it probably would have been to simply accept that Michelle Obama looks like Viola Davis in this universe.“ -Angie Han, The Hollywood Reporter

They are all great actresses so I'll watch anyways but Viola doing her mouth thing is hilarious. Its TOO much.

41 minutes ago, Coma Baby said:

Love seeing Viola panned. :heart:

Why? She is a great actress.

She looks like she's doing a parody of Michelle Obama. I don't know how they saw what she's doing and thought it was good :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.