Girls Aloud discography totally forgotten, deserved better?

Link16

The Girls Aloud discography is totally forgotten in the streaming platforms 

The biggest streaming songs on Spotify are

42 M

34 M

Some of her peers have multiple 100 M and 50 M songs, Sugababes, Atomic Kitten and The Saturdays.

They have an amazing 21 top ten hits in the UK, but they most good songs like "Call The Shots" or "Biology" are totally forgotten, the GA discography deserved better recognition?

Edited by Link16

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BGXKB

• Sazare

• Link16

• reymiu

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean....they were completely local to the UK & Ireland, no? Those are expected numbers for such acts.

1 minute ago, Goofy said:

I mean....they were completely local to the UK & Ireland, no? Those are expected numbers for such acts.

they promoted their music in Australia, Asia and parts of Europe

Just now, Link16 said:

exactly, "promoted" but the success outside of the UK/Ireland was minimal and down to their debut single only. 

Biology has 8 million streams on Spotify and Call the Shots has 12 million streams - that is amazing numbers for a girl group who made 'no noise' outside UK and Ireland.

Terrible music 

7 minutes ago, Link16 said:

Yeah but they flopped there ....

Their sound is very British

5 minutes ago, CHERLLOYD said:

Terrible music 

With that name....lemme not

OT: They're a pre-streaming era act who were local to the British Isles. These numbers aren't bad. They definitely deserved more success internationally though.

They literally never even released outside the UK and Ireland at all until maybe 2012? And then it was just dropped on iTunes and Spotify one day with probably no announcement even. :skull:

but yeah I really think that they’re the real deal and deserve a lot more credibility than most bands. I think they’re particularly distinguished by the number of women who worked on their music, much more true to their name than a lot of these other “girl groups.” 

19 minutes ago, CHERLLOYD said:

Terrible music 

cheratrl.PNG.73f2509390c9c67709c75553f32

idk but their music hasn't really stood the test of time even in the UK 

their music only really has a niche gay following nowadays here

33 minutes ago, Link16 said:

GA completely flopped here in Australia.

I'm not a fan of them unfortunately, something about their music just doesn't click with me at all. Believe me I tried but nope...nothing

Yeah they were incredibly local so these are good numbers for a group that peaked years before the streaming era??

Idc Untouchable is one of the best pop songs of all time. 

10 minutes ago, Yawn said:

idk but their music hasn't really stood the test of time even in the UK 

their music only really has a niche gay following nowadays here

2 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Local and the music was opposite of timeless

So how do Dua and Olivia have careers? I’m sure the men who produce their music really know what women are listening to. :coffee2:

Just say you don’t like them for whatever reason while you probably listen to Spice Girls, LM, 5H, or somebody, literally the absolute WORST and most overrated girl groups ever. :rip:

People drag GA and then say The Saturdays is their favorite girl group IT GETS ME :ahh:

8 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

So how do Dua and Olivia have careers? I’m sure the men who produce their music really know what women are listening to. :coffee2:

Just say you don’t like them for whatever reason while you probably listen to Spice Girls, LM, 5H, or somebody, literally the absolute WORST and most overrated girl groups ever. :rip:

You sound triggered but the OP wanted answers and we gave some , sorry for not sugar coating the truth 

Also Sugababes >>>>>

4kXEj2W.gif

A lot of their songs are quite unconventional and have aged terribly, so it's not too surprising. They have a few occasional bops though. 

They were big at the time, though most "big" UK acts of the 2000s/2010s tended to do some kind of promotion across Europe, so that doesn't mean much. They were still local really. 

To be honest, it was surprising they lasted as long as they did, particularly as most of it was built on their media personalities rather than the music/talent itself. 

1 minute ago, Bacardo Royale said:

You sound triggered but the OP wanted answers and we gave some , sorry for not sugar coating the truth 

Also Sugababes >>>>>

4kXEj2W.gif

Chile exactly Sugababes overrated, manufactured, and literally took their B-sides but somehow made them more popular :deadbanana:

They’re fantastic but they have none of GA’s cohesion in more ways than one.

Girls Aloud are never forgotten and are one of the most love gg in the uk. 
every album is a classic. 

9 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Chile exactly Sugababes overrated, manufactured, and literally took their B-sides but somehow made them more popular :deadbanana:

They’re fantastic but they have none of GA’s cohesion in more ways than one.

I never stanned any of these girl groups except Destiny's child so dont really care, but GA songs were just especially cheesy to me. Cheryl had better songs as a solo artist 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.