Fantastic Beasts 3 to open to $40M; lowest opening in franchise history

_Fey

The movie also has a massive budget ($200M).

Also just a reminder that WB has not yet greenlit future movies and is reportedly waiting to see how this one does.

Is this even a surprise after that mess that was the previous one? And all the author's problematic views regarding trans lives will not help this either. I kinda hope it bombs tbh :foxaylove3:

Wizarding World is gone, DC is gone, Star Wars is lowkey gone, but MCU is still standing :deadbanana4:

I loved the second movie. To me it felt like it dived deeper into the story and I must have missed the point where it turned into a mess. 

I really enjoyed the third one too and liked Mads more as Grindelwald. 

The true mess here is JK Rowling (and Ezra).

If the series gets scrapped, I hope they release one last movie to wrap it up. 

7 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Wizarding World is gone, DC is gone, Star Wars is lowkey gone, but MCU is still standing :deadbanana4:

DC is gone...? Uhhh yeah nah

It's what they deserve after doing Johnny dirty :coffee2:

The movie was terrible. I’d be surprised if it gets more than a B as the CinemaScore.

"It feels like a bad parody, a shadow of what a film is, not an actual film itself. The color palette is a dreary mud puddle of grays and browns, and there’s no sense of space or geography. It has no weight, no heft, no texture, no color, no sense of magic or wonder in the least. The story itself has no sense of stakes or resonance, and the actors vary in affect from lifeless to dutiful to pained."

- LA Times 

:deadbanana4:

Am I the only one who absolutely LOVES Harry Potter but has never watched any of these films / has zero interest in doing so?

who thought a $200milliom budget was a good idea after the last one flopped? if there are more then they need to get rid of david yates too

4 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

who thought a $200milliom budget was a good idea after the last one flopped? if there are more then they need to get rid of david yates too

They really should make these $75M type budgets and make them more adult. This hybrid isn’t working. 

33 minutes ago, Pop said:

"It feels like a bad parody, a shadow of what a film is, not an actual film itself. The color palette is a dreary mud puddle of grays and browns, and there’s no sense of space or geography. It has no weight, no heft, no texture, no color, no sense of magic or wonder in the least. The story itself has no sense of stakes or resonance, and the actors vary in affect from lifeless to dutiful to pained."

- LA Times 

This is the reason why they should get rid of David Yates. I’ve always hated his color palette. Half-Blood Prince is unwatchable because of this. 

And it’ll be fanbase driven so it won’t have legs to hit 100 million :rip:

5 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

The 'Wizarding World' brand still makes a metric **** ton of money when you factor in box office, ancillary sales, merchandise, video games, theme parks etc. The films are the catalyst now that the books are over, they aren't going to cheap out on them.

Having said that these FB movies are beyond creatively bankrupt and the whole franchise is in need of a reboot and fresh direction.

Yes LGBT representation, No box office 

41 minutes ago, Pop said:

- LA Times 

No lies spotted. 

6 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

The 'Wizarding World' brand still makes a metric **** ton of money when you factor in box office, ancillary sales, merchandise, video games, theme parks etc. The films are the catalyst now that the books are over, they aren't going to cheap out on them.

Having said that these FB movies are beyond creatively bankrupt and the whole franchise is in need of a reboot and fresh direction.

This doesn’t mean the FB series will continue. The series could be shelved for a bit a la Star Wars, and then Discovery will take it in a new direction. 

No surprise the last one was a snooze fest 

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

This doesn’t mean the FB series will continue. The series could be shelved for a bit a la Star Wars, and then Discovery will take it in a new direction. 

I agree about FB, I only saw the first one and don't care for it. However the 'Wizarding World' franchise will clearly continue in some form. Hogwarts Legacy is coming later this year to outgross every movie with ease. :rip:

6 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

I agree about FB, I only saw the first one and don't care for it. However the 'Wizarding World' franchise will clearly continue in some form. Hogwarts Legacy is coming later this year to outgross every movie with ease. :rip:

I mean video games are a totally different thing. I think they need to get the original cast back to move the story forward. These prequels just never turn out well. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.