Elton John to Charlie Puth: "Your music sucked in 2019. It wasn't good."

Forever Winter

When you write a song, it's important to tell the truth. And I wasn't really doing that in 2019 and the person who kind of awoken my senses was none other than Elton John. I met him at Craig's, the restaurant.

He came up to me and said "How are you, hi. You know.. your music sucked in 2019. It wasn't good."

It was like a gut punch but I had been thinking that as well. I'd gone through a messy breakup and that was also going alongside it. It was kind of like a wake-up call a little bit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katamari

• Tropez

• Into The Void

• Miss Show Business

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

He came up to me and said "How are you, hi. You know.. your music sucked in 2019. It wasn't good."

Sure John

Is that the year he released those songs like Cheating on You and I Warned Myself? If so, I agree. 

Isnt that the year when he released I Warned Myself aka his best song? :confused:

AlexStexaul

i see no lies 

so we have Elton to blame for the long wait? :zzz: 

I Warned Myself and Cheating on You were amazing

Not y’all dragging one of the most talented songwriters and bop machine Elton :deadvision:

ot: I disagree :) 

7 minutes ago, LeMésTragique said:

Would a "Sine from Above" singer lie?

The "gods from above" singers would never lie :chick2:

-

Elton knew what he was talking about. Those songs in 2019 were flops for a reason after all. Seems like Mr. Puth is in a better place now.

Considering Elton had to work with Dua for some relevancy and it still didn't come out to plan... He needs to keep it cute in the 2020s.

Umm, I Warned Myself and Cheating on You are both great songs, and both very left-field for Charlie, so I applaud him being able to pull off those tracks.

• ATRL Moderator

It's interesting how Elton is kind of a pinnacle of approval for some artists, I remember reading an interview with Brandi Carlile and she was saying how she would always get his opinion on her new releases, and By The Way, I Forgive You was the first time he loved her work.

J.Lovers to J.Lo when telling her about her 2009 music output :sistrens: @SavagePapi

Elton's music is much worse. :rip:

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

Not y’all dragging one of the most talented songwriters and bop machine Elton :deadvision:

ot: I disagree :) 

Elton doesn’t write his songs. I don’t think he’s ever written a song. He’s more of a composer. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.