GOP Wants No More Presidential Debates

Horizon Flame

A pro-freedom and pro-freespeech and pro-democracy party banning highly viewed and important presidental debates? How could a party that allegedly supports freedom and market of diverse ideas allow this?

Of course they are, they are facists. 

I want that Bernie Bro to come say Democrats and Republicans are the same

Considering Biden lost every debate in the primaries and went on to win, I mean… yeah, they’re pretty much outdated and useless. I won’t be at all sad to see them go. They don’t change minds anymore.

Not like I watch anyway 

44 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Considering Biden lost every debate in the primaries and went on to win, I mean… yeah, they’re pretty much outdated and useless. I won’t be at all sad to see them go. They don’t change minds anymore.

I think Biden won the last pre Florida primary debate by advocating sheer pragmatism...

Edited by Monster Megamind

Of course they don't. They can't ever win debates. 

Well, they’ve been losing debates Reagan vs. Cater 40years ago. :clown:

Not me thinking it'd be the party itself  doing it to likely kneecap Trump's potential rise but apparently it's his supporters? :skull: His debates are essentially what won him the nom in 2016. 

Edited by Communion

17 minutes ago, Communion said:

Not me thinking it'd be the party itself  doing it to likely kneecap Trump's potential rise but apparently it's his supporters? :skull: His debates are essentially what won him the nom in 2016. 

They might keep the primary debates, but this is simply them getting rid of general election debates because the Debate Commission wouldn't allow for an in-person debate while Trump literally had COVID and was wanting to pass it to Biden and kill him with it. :skull: 

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

They might keep the primary debates, but this is simply them getting rid of general election debates because the Debate Commission wouldn't allow for an in-person debate while Trump literally had COVID and was wanting to pass it to Biden and kill him with it. :skull: 

Oh **** I'm blind. :skull: I can't even remember any of the presidential debates for 2020, it felt like a fever dream.

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

Oh **** I'm blind. :skull: I can't even remember any of the presidential debates for 2020, it felt like a fever dream.

I think the first one killed Trump’s re-election chances. He was like a child. 

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

Yeah... they canceled the second one and were going to hold it remotely, but Trump's team absolutely refused and demanded it be in-person, which was... uh... not going to happen, lol. So they did individual town halls instead.

The fly on Pence's hair during the VP debate was more interesting than anything that happened during the Presidential debates though.

Debates are never fair to the Republican and frankly a waste of time. The leftist liberal networks always give the questions in advance to the democrats.

3 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Kinda surprised they’d get rid of them considering anyone but Trump should be able to out-debate Biden :rip:

5 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Kinda surprised they’d get rid of them considering anyone but Trump should be able to out-debate Biden :rip:

Well, like I said to Communion. It's all out of spite because the Debate Commission wouldn't let Trump come into close contact with Biden while he had COVID so he could kill him.

Plus, debates are meaningless exercises anyway. They don't change minds, and both candidates last time were utterly embarrassing nightmares to watch. The Ken Bones of the country are going to remain undecided until the day of the election no matter what.

• ATRL Moderator
52 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. The GOP has an impressive talent for finding some of the dumbest people alive to nominate. I’m holding tight to the prediction that “compared to <insert new GOP figurehead here>, Trump isn’t that bad” will be a thing in less than a decade. 

2 hours ago, Taylena said:

Debates are never fair to the Republican and frankly a waste of time. The leftist liberal networks always give the questions in advance to the democrats.

No network in the US could be deemed “leftist” whatsoever

This could backfire. The debates definitely helped Trump I think back in 2016. I don’t think they had a huge effect on 2020. 

17 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

No network in the US could be deemed “leftist” whatsoever

G9pzlC8.gif

Spoiler

UN4nzRp.jpg

Just now, Taylena said:

G9pzlC8.gif

Hide contents

UN4nzRp.jpg

Jacobin? Mother Jones? Democracy Now? None of these platforms are hosting presidential debates and to be “leftist” an organization has to be explicitly anti-capitalist or at least critical of capitalism. The Overton window in the US is so far skewed to the right that CNN and MSNBC are considered “hard left” :rip:

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. The GOP has an impressive talent for finding some of the dumbest people alive to nominate. I’m holding tight to the prediction that “compared to <insert new GOP figurehead here>, Trump isn’t that bad” will be a thing in less than a decade. 

They're already priming us for that with DeSantis's "Don't Say Gay" law. :rip: 

5 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The debates literally proved that Biden wasnt as slow as Fox News called him. It DID play a part! Ok Marina!

4 minutes ago, Antonini said:

The debates literally proved that Biden wasnt as slow as Fox News called him. It DID play a part! Ok Marina!

They made him look worse and more embarrassing overall to me. Couldn't understand how a single person could support that slobbering mess of a man, but if you say so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.