Mariah Re-Records “The Roof” with Brandy for Masterclass

Ryan

• ATRL Administrator

mariah-carey-masterclass-1.jpg

On Thursday, subscription-based learning service MasterClass debuted Carey's new course on "how to use the voice as an instrument" featuring lessons about singing, songwriting, and production  

The singer's unique approach to MasterClass sees her coach 43-year-old Grammy winner Brandy through a collaborative, re-recorded version of fan-favorite track "The Roof (Back in Time)," which Carey considers better than the original version from her 1997 album, Butterfly.

"Brandy and I both loved the original background vocals arrangement of 'The Roof' and decided we wanted to update it," she says of the collaboration. "I really believe it's surpassed the original and I can't wait for you all to hear it!"

where is the damn song tho?

In her Masterclass, she also said the key to maintaining your voice is to drink alcohol all the time

FQUIUpcagAE445J?format=jpg&name=900x900

l1rvs5u.gif

• ATRL Administrator

Here it is

26 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

Here it is

Wow! I love this! Mariah sounds like an Angel, and I love Brandy’s background vocals!

44 minutes ago, noonbob said:

In her Masterclass, she also said the key to maintaining your voice is to drink alcohol all the time

FQUIUpcagAE445J?format=jpg&name=900x900

l1rvs5u.gif

Well the trick it’s barely working with her

l1rvs5u.gif

Oh wow!

I am very impressed with those background vocals.

Mariah and Brandy are co-queen of vocal layering

7 hours ago, Ryan BTE said:

Here it is

They ATE 

8 hours ago, Ryan BTE said:

Here it is

Was not looking forward to this but Brandy and Mariah really did that, especially on the outro. They really should do something new together.

Xzdk1dc.gif

10 hours ago, Chris said:

@Saddy

On the rooftop that rainy night.....

I'm late again... video is no longer available

Xzdk1dc.gif

The outro :jonnycat:

The Roof is like my all time favorite song so NO remix-remake-reimagining can really top it but if anyone could do it and not mess it up and actually bring something new to the table, it's definitely, 100% Brandy. Their voices are so similar in their rasp, at times I was almost unsure who was singing. They should do more stuff together

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.