Hacks | Season 3 on Max now!

Hector

8 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

the finale... maybe one of the best episodes of TV I have ever seen.

Emmy sweep or else we riot

Well u'll riot then

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Ampersand13

• Hector

• Uncatena

This season was amazing. Probably the best one so far. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great season, the finale writing and acting were so on point.

Spoiler

I was thinking like, I hope Ava does not go back to Deb now, that will be so disappointing. But she gagged me threatening Deb and then responding with "Wouldn't you?" when Deb wanted to call her bluff.

Season 4 will be the feud season we all needed.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Incredible finale :clap3:

Loved that airplane scene between Jimmy and Kayla, both hilarious and heartwarming :lmao:

That confrontation scene between Deborah and Ava was so good and Ava rightfully dragged her for filth and that surprise blackmail twist was so well played,  I screamed :toofunny2:

So can't wait for season 4 and to see this season do well this upcoming awards season. 

Also why do I feel like Kathryn Newton's character was based off of Miley this episode? :gaycat7:

Edited by Hector
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Well u'll riot then

Losing the main categories to the The Bear's category fraud would be so frustrating. 

Ava gagged her so good in that ending :ahh:

this succession ass power play:dies:

• Haha 1

This was an AMAZING and riveting finale. So many laughs, heartwarming moments, and tears and BETRAYAL. Truly one of the best seasons of television I've ever watched. No other comedy is as funny, topical, and relevant right now in my opinion. It's "woke" without feeling woke, it's so nuanced and the characters feel so real like complex and flawed yet still lovable individuals. I really can't say enough good things. Both of these actresses deserves Emmy's for this season bc those last two scenes were WILD. 

standout moments:

Hannah handing Deb her notebook just for it to be full of ideas for her show. (That made me ugly cry tears of joy)

Jimmy "proposing" to kayla on the plane was so sweet and SO funny 

and Hannah's succession play at the end. WOW what a cutting delivery and delicious way to send us off into s4

i was so worried they were gonna throw us a curve ball again and somehow prevent Deborah from getting the show and I'm so glad they didn't bc I think the inner workings of producing the show is going to be SO interesting!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was so mad Deborah just HAD to **** things up but that GAG with Ava omg :bibliahh:

I love this show sm :heart2:

• Haha 2

Loved it! The "proposal" had me on the floor and then I got HIT with that powerful scene between Deb & Ava oh my gooood...

The writing was amazing this season, once again!

• Like 2

Also loved it! The ending was insane, and I was so thankful that they did not end it with leaving Ava in the dust — you could see that plot point coming from a mile away. Perfect twist ensuring that we will get a fresh and juicy S04!

Overall this kinda was the weakest season for me though, mostly because both the first and the second season had insanely good and cohesive flow. S03 was a bit all over the place, but when the episodes were strong (e.g. the golf tournament one and this finale), they were probably the strongest overall. This season finale for example was the best episode in the series - incredibly well directed, acted, penned and photographed.

Also I am so proud of Hannah! While she was ultimately always good on screen, she was second to Smart in everything for obvious reasons. But this time she truly gave a masterclass in acting when Deborah mentioned she's willing to lose her. Insanely well acted. 

• Like 1

THAT ENDING!! GAGGED 

• Like 1

still thinking about the finale btw... "I would... wouldn't you?" 

HANNAH GODBEINDER :jonny6:

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

The way this is easily one of my favorite television shows I've ever seen. The consistency in writing, performance, and direction is just something else. 

I did have a question though. Hacks is obviously a comedy for award purposes (I think it's definitely more of a hybrid than straight up sit-com but I digress), but does that mean they judge comedic performances differently than dramatic performances? I know they are separate categories but are comedic submissions judged with a different criteria? Hannah gave one of the most gut-wrenching turns but since that whole scene in the finale is essentially straight drama, would they even use it for her Emmy submission? Or does that not really matter? I really think she deserves best supporting for this season (and obviously I think Jean deserves lead) but I fear The Bear's reign won't let up anytime soon. I adore that show as well, but I'd love for Hacks to get at least one sweep and this season more than deserves it. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed the season besides the last episode.

its felt like they are doing anything to extend it as much possible.

After all growth Deborah has gone through, it was such a two steps backward move for her to do what she did. I know her insecurity were into plays, but for me they didn't build it enough to make sense. 

Now what Ava did, made complete sense.

2 hours ago, zoldyck said:

I enjoyed the season besides the last episode.

its felt like they are doing anything to extend it as much possible.

After all growth Deborah has gone through, it was such a two steps backward move for her to do what she did. I know her insecurity were into plays, but for me they didn't build it enough to make sense. 

Now what Ava did, made complete sense.

I think what Deborah did made sense after her meeting with that old tv head who decided on her original show

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

The way this is easily one of my favorite television shows I've ever seen. The consistency in writing, performance, and direction is just something else. 

I did have a question though. Hacks is obviously a comedy for award purposes (I think it's definitely more of a hybrid than straight up sit-com but I digress), but does that mean they judge comedic performances differently than dramatic performances? I know they are separate categories but are comedic submissions judged with a different criteria? Hannah gave one of the most gut-wrenching turns but since that whole scene in the finale is essentially straight drama, would they even use it for her Emmy submission? Or does that not really matter? I really think she deserves best supporting for this season (and obviously I think Jean deserves lead) but I fear The Bear's reign won't let up anytime soon. I adore that show as well, but I'd love for Hacks to get at least one sweep and this season more than deserves it. 

They tend to get judged the same as drama, think Jennifer Coolidge winning back to back because "oh we're so used to her just doing funny one liners but here she's actually emoting" - I think Hannah has a good chance, but if she's in supporting against Ayo Edebiri they will probably give it to Ayo again (because of the delayed ceremony they all thought they were voting for s2 last time) and she's doing more drama in her role than Hannah does. The Bear being in comedy is so unserious, Hacks deserves to have a Veep-level success in Comedy Series.

• Like 1

Season 3 is ****** fantastic. I am on episode 8 and

Spoiler

I SOBBED when Deborah got late night.

This deserves all the Emmys!!!

On 6/5/2024 at 9:25 PM, HonourableVomit said:

I think Hannah has a good chance, but if she's in supporting against Ayo Edebiri they will probably give it to Ayo

Ayo was submitted in lead for season 2. She'll be going up against Jean Smart and Quinta.

On 6/5/2024 at 9:25 PM, HonourableVomit said:

because of the delayed ceremony they all thought they were voting for s2 last time

The voting occurred in August, though The Bear S2 being released two months prior definitely had some influence (only way I can fathom Ebon winning for S1).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

this season was the best one yet imo great writing and amazing finale

• Thanks 1

Just finished the third season in one sitting.

Loved the ending, love the chemistry from all of them. Such an hilarious show.

Edited by Cardcaptor Sakura

• 2 weeks later...

Like all of you, an incredible finale for a great season 3.

This is by far the BEST comedy on tv right now. I was scared they would lose some steam with season 3 but they know their characters so well, the writing was pitch perfect. 

Hannah deserves finally to win for that scene (even tho it's not a comedic one lol). God... what an acting she did there.

I'm just annoyed to wait again for a year. 8 episodes is too short. 10 would be perfect (I felt like Marcus had no real deep storyline and he's in one scene of the finale - love the assistant crying, it had me dead).

• Like 2

This season did it again. Loved everything about it. The finale. I was so sure they would go the Ava is leaving again route and bam they did that in the last scene. Chef's kiss! 

Edited by rooby.booby
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Television Critics Association Awards Winners:

Individual Achievement in Comedy: Jean Smart, "Hacks" (2021 winner)

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: "Hacks"

• Like 1

GOOD. *** The Bear and its category fraud.

• Thanks 2

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, Hector said:

Television Critics Association Awards Winners:

Individual Achievement in Comedy: Jean Smart, "Hacks" (2021 winner)

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: "Hacks"

Oh yes. Serving taste!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.