Shakira f/ Rauw Alejandro - "Te Felicito"

BOOM!

Will she scrap this a la Don’t Wait Up/Me Gusta? I think this still has potential to be a mid-sized hit at least in Latam. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• LatinFreak

• Nefertiti0

4 minutes ago, commander said:

Will she scrap this a la Don’t Wait Up/Me Gusta? I think this still has potential to be a mid-sized hit at least in Latam. 

She can't scrap plans to promote that she never had... Lol

Some things Shakira does well, but she has sucked at performing her singles at a prompt time. She either waits until it’s way too late or never performs them. She waited like 2 months to perform “She Wolf” after it had already peaked and started falling, staying at home in Barcelona the whole time. For “Chantaje”, she never performed it with Maluma or own her own until the tour. 

I know some fans think she doesn’t need it or that it’s too old school, but why are Olivia Rodrigo, Billie, Taylor, Dua Lipa, Karol G, Bad Bunny, etc. still jumping at any opportunity to perform at awards shows, TV shows, and festivals?

Somehow, it’s supposedly beneath Shakira, even though all the relevant artists still value it and put in the effort. :gaycat6:

Edited by vuelve88

5 hours ago, commander said:

no she needs to add those 2 songs and clandestino to get those streaming points

3 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

Somehow, it’s supposedly beneath Shakira, even though all the relevant artists still value it and put in the effort. :gaycat6:

promoting is just clearly not a priority for her. what about that is so hard to understand? she does this just for fun now and her family comes first. she can do whatever the hell that she wants. for you to compare gen z popstars to someone who's been at this for over 3 decades made no sense. they still have something to prove. shakira does not.

Spotify  (April 28)

• Global: #164 (-4): 839,842 streams (+5,415) 
  • Mexico#49 (-2): 246,447 streams (-1,713)
  • Colombia#50 (-): 35,229 streams (-1,964)
  • Argentina#70 (+2): 60,998 streams (+2,560)
  • Peru#32 (+3): 46,087 streams (+3,510)

8 hours ago, tomaseba said:
They are doing some trends/challenge 

like, it's cool but i cringe since it's obviously for some dumb tiktok challenge :rip:

ot: i really like the song, what a step up from don't wait up

This is growing in Mexico (one of her most important markets). People are now playing this in their cars, they’re using the song in their Instagram stories. I feel like this just needs the exposure. 

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Te felicito & Don't Wait Up choreo :WAP:

Her promotional work nowadays is always doing some choreo/social media challenge

hasnt she literally done one for every song she’s put out since chantaje I’m over it  

The problem with her dances is that they are so hard for the TikTok community I mean… look at the dances that were popular and they are so easy and that’s why they became a trend and so popular but the Girl Like Me, Dont Wait Up and now Te Felicito are so hard to do lol 

8 hours ago, SupremeGoddess said:

Her promotional work nowadays is always doing some choreo/social media challenge

hasnt she literally done one for every song she’s put out since chantaje I’m over it  

exactly, imagine how tired we are

Julia Fox

regardless, i really love this song, hopefully she manages to make it a semi-hit

Spotify [April 30th]

• Global: #189(-12) 833,777 streams
  • Mexico: #65(-10) 230,062 streams
  • Colombia #59(-8) 34,494 streams
  • Argentina #67(+5)  65,540 streams
  • Peru #31 (+2) 48,360 streams

If this doesn't become a hit nothing will. 

4 hours ago, Chemist said:

If this doesn't become a hit nothing will. 

A good song would :thing:

8 minutes ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

A good song would :thing:

Have you seen the top 10?. There are no good songs in it, only catchy songs and this song is catchy enough but she just doesn't have the power anymore

Shook. 5 years ago this would be #1 already.

im low key glad this isn’t smashing right away. She got used to this.  Hits without an effort. 
song is good, hopefully she starts doing some promo.

1 hour ago, Joster said:

Shook. 5 years ago this would be #1 already.

im low key glad this isn’t smashing right away. She got used to this.  Hits without an effort. 
song is good, hopefully she starts doing some promo.

I feel like she takes her Latin audience for granted and simply expects she will smash in that market with whatever song she releases as long as it’s a reggaeton in Spanish featuring a reggaeton male artist. Even though the song it’s ok, I’m glad she’s not smashing either specially when others Latin acts are putting out great music lately without any formulaic gimmicks.

10 hours ago, Chemist said:

Have you seen the top 10?. There are no good songs in it, only catchy songs and this song is catchy enough but she just doesn't have the power anymore

It’s not a good song :thing: it sounds like 3 songs mashed into one, it’s not cohesive 

out of Global Spotify chart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.