Shakira f/ Rauw Alejandro - "Te Felicito"

BOOM!

7 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

A definite no for sure. She’s on vacation in Ibiza with her soccer mom swimming trunks. She could careless.

Hey. She's cleaning up the beach wich is a far more important job. A Saint. :eli:

Edited by LatinFreak

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• LatinFreak

• Nefertiti0

10 minutes ago, CLNC said:

It's a similar story with Ricky Martin's EP and I suspect will be the same deal with Shakira's next album.

Anyway I actually think a collab between them would actually be a big deal. Enough to bring them back to prominence I'd say.

I doubt Sony would do Shakira like that. I mean if other females around her age or older release songs and videos every week trying to stay current and land another #1 why can’t the queen of Latin pop?

She just seems to be stuck, she needs to stop that old mentality releasing something and then disappears, I remember she would start promoting songs once they gained popularity, she seems to be doing the same now.

if she worked as hard as laundry service in terms of creativity and then devoted to the album 300% she can have another good era. We need to bring Freddy demann back.

1 hour ago, CLNC said:

ekPt2N.gif

Seriously though Enrique and Shakira are in a phase of their careers were they don't want to promote their music which is fine...I guess. I mean they've both been at this since the 90s, they are both nearly 50 and have a spouses and children and they've more then paid their dues. In the late 2010s they were still huge and relevant enough to score huge Latin and global hits without any big push from them but it was only natural that radio and streaming audiences would slowly start to gravitate to acts that are actually active and giving regular performances and interviews.

That being said I do think Sony has severely mishandled them both (and Ricky Martin) recently. Enrique dropping the album with a weeks notice and no new single to go alongside it was stupid and only releasing it digitally is even stupider. They are also very old fashioned when it comes to campaigns, like they actually did well by him in releasing multiple singles from said album but they were acting from an old rule book,  waiting three months between releases is not how things are done now. It's a similar story with Ricky Martin's EP and I suspect will be the same deal with Shakira's next album.

Anyway I actually think a collab between them would actually be a big deal. Enough to bring them back to prominence I'd say.

You’re delulu putting Shakira in the same category of Ricky Martin and Enrique.

1 hour ago, GeeDuval said:

I doubt Sony would do Shakira like that. I mean if other females around her age or older release songs and videos every week trying to stay current and land another #1 why can’t the queen of Latin pop?

If they did it to the two artists that are seen as the Kings of Latin Pop I'm pretty sure they could do it to the Queen. 

56 minutes ago, Spartan528 said:

You’re delulu putting Shakira in the same category of Ricky Martin and Enrique.

All have compable album sales, Enrique and Ricky are seen as the Top contemporary male Latin artists and Shakira the female. Enrique in particular was recently awarded with Top Latin Artist of All Time due to his prolific Spanish output so yes I think they are all very much in the same category.

She was doing some interviews today 

Also there’s a “new” “Encariñada’s” leak 

15 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

She was doing some interviews today 

Also there’s a “new” “Encariñada’s” leak 

Her music rarely leaked and now is leak after leak. Crazy 

Encariñada sounded great from the first leak. I hope she doesnt add a reggeatonero to it tho.  These zoom interviews are so meh. She needs to physically leave Barcelona 

I like encariñada way more than te felicito 

I hope it doesnt have changes

Shazam:

#25 Venezuela (+42)

#31 Uruguay (+81)

#42 Argentina (+57)

#48 Spain (+14)

#66 Colombia (+46)

#70 Mexico (+85)

#106 Chile (NE)

#116 Ecuador (NE)

#142 Peru (NE)

#146 Costa Rica (NE)

#163 United States (NE)

This is good so far it means it's being played on the radio

Encariñada sounds really good and fresh as well. Hope Tainy doesn’t start inviting people and messes it up for her. 

im assuming is him behind this album in all the buzz singles. I don’t know. 

Spotify  (April 27)

• Global: #160 (-14): 834,427 streams (-10,953) 
  • Mexico#47 (-): 248,160 streams (+1,347)
  • Colombia#50 (-4): 37,193 streams (-3,202)
  • Argentina#72 (-): 58,438 streams (+190)
  • Peru#35 (-2): 42,577 streams (-1,491)
Edited by Nefertiti0

Reading the Twitter replies…. Zaddy confirmed they have more music together. 

the maluma for this era. Yassssss and he said she will be releasing an explosive album….you guys believe him? 

I swear if this flops when it's perfection, someone get her on TV to perform.

Behind the scenes video. 

we need the Shakira x Rosalia collab asap.

It sounds like she has the album ready but knowing her I'm expecting a Q4 release. 

1 minute ago, Ger.vaz said:

we need the Shakira x Rosalia collab asap.

It sounds like she has the album ready but knowing her I'm expecting a Q4 release. 

Album is probably post production already clearly, but knowing her she still changing things around. She’s so annoying.

We already know what happened in the past when she changed things around. self title ring a bell? 

36 minutes ago, Ger.vaz said:

if it isn't ready then it is not coming for next few months. i don't think they will let her release an album without physical copies and artists have to turn in their album 6-8 months before release to get vinyls.
her songs didn't chart on US Spotify, her streams there are so low that her album would probably debut below 100.

but we all know that she wouldn't be in this NBC show if it wasn't part of album promo in the US, so I guess album is ready from months (there was whiteboard with tracklist in her IG post in December https://www.instagram.com/p/CXol86KME0l/) and she will release it around June-July.

32 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

if it isn't ready then it is not coming for next few months. i don't think they will let her release an album without physical copies and artists have to turn in their album 6-8 months before release to get vinyls.
her songs didn't chart on US Spotify, her streams there are so low that her album would probably debut below 100.

but we all know that she wouldn't be in this NBC show if it wasn't part of album promo in the US, so I guess album is ready from months (there was whiteboard with tracklist in her IG post in December https://www.instagram.com/p/CXol86KME0l/) and she will release it around June-July.

Her assistant posted a story back in December with Shakira and Sony Music executives in a recording studio and captioned it something along the lines of "listening to 'the album'" so I'm sure it's ready.

I have a feeling may will be a busy month for her. She'll be promoting her new show, which premieres May 31st, and hopefully she'll attend/perform at the BBMAs. 

Also, if she does, indeed, as it's been rumored, have a world cup song, that may be another reason why they haven't released it yet. 

Unfortunately I didn't like this as I wanted to :(  And I really liked Me Gusta and Don't Wait Up, but I'll root for her, as always.

15 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

Unfortunately I didn't like this as I wanted to :(  And I really liked Me Gusta and Don't Wait Up, but I'll root for her, as always.

gurl, check your taste

3 minutes ago, Spartan528 said:

gurl, check your taste

Not y'all paying dust to indie dream pop masterpiece Don't Wait Up like that

giphy.webp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.