Shakira f/ Rauw Alejandro - "Te Felicito"

BOOM!

6 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Y'all sound ridiculous and stuck in 2005 thinking promo in award shows still has any kind of effect to save a song from flopping in 2022. Literally a random reel by the average tiktoker has more audience than the latin grammys. Imagine thinking thats what Shakira needs :skull: 

Mte 

I still want a cute peformance tho

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• LatinFreak

• Nefertiti0

13 hours ago, Red Hot Moon said:

It's doing great on Apple btw.

This! I think it will start climbing in Spotify soon

6 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Which is funny bc Girl Like Me flopped everywhere and it’s on its way to 600 million :rip: i guess youtube is unpredictable these days 

it didnt flop on tiktok 

And who says the measure of success today for a veteran musician is to be at the top of the charts (that are dominated by artists who have been around for 0-10 years usually)?

Maybe gaining huge exposure on social platforms is the measure of success for a singer? She’s had huge numbers on YT, Spotify and great engagement on TikTok.

Does any other 45-year woman have this level of popularity on streaming? J.Lo doesn’t. Madonna doesn’t. Mariah doesn’t. Shania doesn’t. Gwen doesn’t.

Edited by Acclaimed

Spotify  (April 25)

• Global: #159 (+10): 800,195 streams (+70.984) 
  • Mexico#50 (+4): 231,679 streams (+19.406)
  • Colombia#46 (-1): 38,128 streams (+443)
  • Argentina#72 (+4): 57,737 streams (+3,843)
  • Peru#38 (+4): 40,797 streams (+4,906)

13 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Which is funny bc Girl Like Me flopped everywhere and it’s on its way to 600 million :rip: i guess youtube is unpredictable these days 

#2 in France :coffee2:

21 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

Sorry I’m ignorant. Does this mean like radio play? Cause wasn’t this not sent to radio yet ?

51 minutes ago, Daniel767 said:

Sorry I’m ignorant. Does this mean like radio play? Cause wasn’t this not sent to radio yet ?

I think radio stations can play a song is its requested even if it isn't  sent out no? 

Spotify  (April 26)

• Global: #146 (+13): 845,380 streams (+45,185) 
  • Mexico#47 (+3): 246,813 streams (+15,134)
  • Colombia#46 (-): 40,395 streams (+2,267)
  • Argentina#72 (-): 58,248 streams (+511)
  • Peru#33 (+5): 44,068 streams (+3,271)

Shakira is not flopping. Her song has been out for a week only. Calm your horses. 

3 hours ago, Ebi52335233 said:

Shakira & Enrique are flopping lately,.. What's reason?

Artist? Or Lable?

If this flops she can dye her hair black and release an acoustic album. The market would eat it up and she would be at the top. No doubt. I think that’s  her last card haha

Edited by Joster

That sounds like a no to me! ?

RockStarShit101

There's something so good about the music video. I like the way they danced together. 

And the song being great helps, too.

4 hours ago, Ebi52335233 said:

Artist? Or Lable?

omg I remember that Enrique released her "final" album las year and nobody cares :deadbanana2:

btw, this is not doing good, maybe it will end like that weird collab with Anuel that nobody remembers. :coffee2:

2 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

omg I remember that Enrique released her "final" album las year and nobody cares :deadbanana2:

btw, this is not doing good, maybe it will end like that weird collab with Anuel that nobody remembers. :coffee2:

No I don’t think so, this has potential to be chantajes little cousin. 

me gusta is the narcissist 3rd cousin nobody likes at the family gatherings LOLLLLL

3 hours ago, LatinFreak said:

That sounds like a no to me! ?

A definite no for sure. She’s on vacation in Ibiza with her soccer mom swimming trunks. She could careless.

6 hours ago, Ebi52335233 said:

Artist? Or Lable?

ekPt2N.gif

Seriously though Enrique and Shakira are in a phase of their careers were they don't want to promote their music which is fine...I guess. I mean they've both been at this since the 90s, they are both nearly 50 and have a spouses and children and they've more then paid their dues. In the late 2010s they were still huge and relevant enough to score huge Latin and global hits without any big push from them but it was only natural that radio and streaming audiences would slowly start to gravitate to acts that are actually active and giving regular performances and interviews.

That being said I do think Sony has severely mishandled them both (and Ricky Martin) recently. Enrique dropping the album with a weeks notice and no new single to go alongside it was stupid and only releasing it digitally is even stupider. They are also very old fashioned when it comes to campaigns, like they actually did well by him in releasing multiple singles from said album but they were acting from an old rule book,  waiting three months between releases is not how things are done now. It's a similar story with Ricky Martin's EP and I suspect will be the same deal with Shakira's next album.

Anyway I actually think a collab between them would actually be a big deal. Enough to bring them back to prominence I'd say.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, SweetTalker said:

Latin American countries still use it a lot because it's free (no shade, I'm Latino :rip:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.