Mary J Blige To Receive BBMA’s “ICON” Award | 2022.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

She earned it :clap3:

now give us the solo 15-minute superbowl performance 

18 hours ago, Armani? said:

Curious to know who does the tribute performance, if there is one

probably H.E.R. since she's on the remix of Good Morning Gorgeous

7 hours ago, hotfire2012 said:

probably H.E.R. since she's on the remix of Good Morning Gorgeous

H.E.R doesn’t have the voice, charisma nor attitude to deliver an effective Mary J Blige tribute, at all. 

So, unless she’s going to perform a boring, acoustic version of “My Life” then, no.

:rip:

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

H.E.R doesn’t have the voice, charisma nor attitude to deliver an effective Mary J Blige tribute, at all. 

So, unless she’s going to perform a boring, acoustic version of “My Life” then, no.

H.E.R isnt just a ballad singer :rip:

Just now, Armani? said:

H.E.R isnt just a ballad singer :rip:

Well…

I still don’t believe she has the attitude to deliver an upbeat Mary J Blige tribute performance, one that is effective anyway. 

Now, if Rihanna wasn’t pregnant, and considering how close she and Mary are, I could easily see her performing “You Remind Me/Real Love/Family Affair/Just Fine” etc. Rihanna easily has the voice, swag and charisma to do so. Other artists like Brandy, Monica, Jazmine Sullivan, Teyana Taylor would be great too. 

:fan:

Maybe H.E.R can perform “Not Gon Cry” or “All That I Can Say”. Given her repertoire, she seems more suited to tempos like that. 

i would love to see Be Happy performed

@GoodGuyGoneGhetto i also forgot that later this July What's The 411 has its 30th anniversary 

The only artist I can see doing a Mary J. Blige tribute justice is Fantasia. But Mary should do her own tribute like the other BB Icons have. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.