Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Blood Magic

11 hours ago, Symmetra said:

I honestly don’t see how any of the avengers are going to take down kang :deadbanana2: besides Wanda, Thor, and Dr Strange the rest just seem like fodder. 1 is “dead” the other is in space somewhere and one is in a dimension outside of time and space. Wonder what plot armor device marvel is cooking up for this.

I mean based on the 2 lined up Avengers movie, it seems like they will lose once again. Maybe they'll go back in a lot of timelines and kill baby Kangs this time. :gaycat5:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• Lovett

• BNF91

I actually really liked it! I’ll put my thoughts in spoiler 

Spoiler

It obviously was very different from the tone of the first two, but it somehow worked (the absence of Cassie’s mom and stepdad and Luis, etc. was noticed tho). I thought up until the very end (when his family made it back to the real world, and Scott was left fighting Kang) everything was very solid. However for some reason the ending kind of fell flat for me. I felt like there was no real character development and the tying everything together was kind of superficial/ one note. The only major things I can see for why critics wouldn’t like it are 1) the actress playing Cassie was slightly a mess and 2) the whole Modok thing was embarrassingly bad in my opinion. I can see people being irritated the Wasp had a smaller role in this, but I feel like it made sense bc Cassie and Janet had much bigger roles compared to the previous films, so there wasn’t really a hole that needed to be filled from a female lead perspective and there wasn’t really much for Hope to do, aside from her moments which she did have a few of them. My last little thing I’ll say (and it’s not huge but) I was kind of disappointed in the post credits scenes. You guys made it seem like they were going to be major and I went in so hyped up for them, but after seeing them I was kind of left like “meh” especially the Loki one which literally told us nothing

In a way I want to see this because I’ve seen all the MCU films on theaters just to follow the main plot but at the same time I remember how dumb L&T was and if this has worse critics than that I feel like I will end up leaving the theater Max for paying to see this and not waiting to see it on D+ in April…

I guess I’ll convince by bf to skip it and wait for streaming, it’s my wallet and my boycott to Disney for pulling out this without any effort, I know that $10USD won’t make a difference but also I won’t be talking about it on my social media (5k followers), sorry but it’s 2023 and I won’t be supporting mediocrity, I’ll go to watch Till.

• ATRL Moderator

Seeing this in a dolby today! Don’t really know what to expect given some positive fan reactions and the negative critical response. Alas, I am a fairly big MCU fan so I just want to have a good time watching :jamming:

Seeing this today. Will come back in about 2 hours with a review :WAP:

12 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

In a way I want to see this because I’ve seen all the MCU films on theaters just to follow the main plot but at the same time I remember how dumb L&T was and if this has worse critics than that I feel like I will end up leaving the theater Max for paying to see this and not waiting to see it on D+ in April…

I guess I’ll convince by bf to skip it and wait for streaming, it’s my wallet and my boycott to Disney for pulling out this without any effort, I know that $10USD won’t make a difference but also I won’t be talking about it on my social media (5k followers), sorry but it’s 2023 and I won’t be supporting mediocrity, I’ll go to watch Till.

This sent me :dies: 

However will Disney survive without you doing promo for them/s

also, all of that and yet you still took the time to craft an essay on a forum about the film :redface: it’s not worse than L&T, just go see it bc you’re obviously pressed enough about it. Disney doesn’t care whether or not they get your coins :skull:

Just came back for watching, I thought the movie was fine.  (Nowhere the levels ofThe Eternals, the only Marvel film I’ve yet to revisit on Disney+). 

Michelle Pfeiffer is fantastic.  

• ATRL Moderator

Watched this yesterday. I do understand where some of the reviewers are coming from. The film does feel totally a bit disjointed and there were some very convenient plot points that I think detracted from the stakes of the film. That being said, I’m not sure it deserves that RT score. It was solid, nothing more nothing less. 

Looks like QM could have another substantial drop this weekend.

Not bad, not great. But def not the worst MCU movie ever. Critics and audience need to chill, they have supported WAY worse movies when they were all blinded by love for Marvel Studios.

With that said, after a very uneventful phase 4, it's an odd choice to launch their new villain with a movie fully centered on one super hero only, and not their most successfull (medium tier). I enjoyed that the story feels like over (somewhat) by the end. 

It's both ugly and beautiful sometimes. No characters development. Useless cameos or additions.

I liked the smart ants.

7 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Is that good?

No, the first Ant-Man made $520M, so Quantumania will probably be the lowest grossing of the Ant-Man movies, and likely won't hit $500M at all.

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

No, the first Ant-Man made $520M, so Quantumania will probably be the lowest grossing of the Ant-Man movies, and likely won't hit $500M at all.

Oh :biblio:

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Maybe $55-60M left in the tank globally. $470-480M finish... 

MARVEL EMERGENCY....

Perhaps they should be more selective in what they release from now on because this number is not it...

giphy.gif

Edited by Donquizote
edit

500m is dead, making this a certified flop.

Still hasn't crossed a 2x multiplier. Insane. 

Though Shazam 2 is about to make this look like a big hit. The debut is going to be shockingly bad. 

Edited by BNF91

Will it even hit $470M at this rate? When you take into consideration that it won't even make $100M more than Black Adam is troubling. :deadbanana4:

from franchise best opening to worst overall numbers.

But I was told the WOM was positive :toofunny3:

Antman pass $450M yesterday. It remains the highest grossing film released in 2023. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.