JLo's HALFTIME | Netflix Documentary | Available now!

Mokichi

Also the irony

News reports saying Jennifer was angry she had to share the stage with shakira (when she wasn't she actually was pissed that they deserved more and that Shakira or her should of been giving the opportunity to headline solo and why should both have to share been that it was the first time they got a Latina to headline and they both was equally capable of been a headliner on there own) or Jennifer crys because she didn't get the Oscar nomination when she thought she should off (when actually she cried because of something positive a article said about her).

:toofunny3:

This exactly what it highlighted in Halftime the was people just make up **** and run with it and Focus on the negative, when it couldn't be further from the truth

Also the way ATRL ran with it before they even watched it

:toofunny3:

Edited by DanceAgain

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Yudelkis

• SavagePapi

• DanceAgain

She's such an impressive, inspiring, legendary woman.

29 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

She's such an impressive, inspiring, legendary woman.

- Not her complaining about the industry being controlled by men and saying “no” it’s not an answer but an opportunity” to women. GIRL your manager is a man accused of rape:rip:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073099/amp/Actor-claims-media-mogul-Benny-Medina-tried-rape-him.html

Tired of these singers working with abusers (Ariana, Britney, Mariah too) hypocrisy at its finest.

- I applaud her for speaking about politics and you can tell she works HARD.

- New lazy girls wish they had her work ethic oh wow 

- How are Oscars supposed to take you seriously when most of your past 40 movies are all rom coms in which you played the same character and you’re famous manly for gossip and drama?

The whole doc and specifically the rehearsals are giving this energy I’m so sorry ok 

- In the end I gained more respect for her as a person and artist. Wish she could make more important or charming movies like she used. Marry Me was garbage.

Sorry to disappoint you girl but this was mid.

I always keep it real. :foxaylove3:
Edited by Totami Legend

4 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

- Not her complaining about the industry being controlled by men and saying “no” it’s not an answer but an opportunity” to women. GIRL your manager is a man accused of rape:rip:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073099/amp/Actor-claims-media-mogul-Benny-Medina-tried-rape-him.html

Tired of these singers working with abusers (Ariana, Britney, Mariah too) hypocrisy at its finest.

- I applaud her for speaking about politics and you can tell she works HARD.

- New lazy girls wish they had her work ethic oh wow 

- How are Oscars supposed to take you seriously when most of your past 40 movies are all rom coms in which you played the same character and you’re famous manly for gossip and drama?

The whole doc and specifically the rehearsals are giving this energy I’m so sorry ok 

- In the end I gained more respect for her as a person and artist. Wish she could make more important or charming movies like she used. Marry Me was garbage.

Sorry to disappoint you girl but this was mid.

I always keep it real. :foxaylove3:

Thanks.

I expect the worst from the lambs, so thanks for being honest. You might be the coolest one here. :ninja:

Benny is still innocent, I read that nothing was proven. Like you said he was "accused", however If you my opinion, I don't like him like many JLo fans.

You don't like Stella too, I guess.

I don't get the meaning of your question about the Oscars, cause I the end she said she don't do movies for an award since the snub. That's her new philosophy. 

39 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Thanks.

I expect the worst from the lambs, so thanks for being honest. You might be the coolest one here. :ninja:

Benny is still innocent, I read that nothing was proven. Like you said he was "accused", however If you my opinion, I don't like him like many JLo fans.

You don't like Stella too, I guess.

I don't get the meaning of your question about the Oscars, cause I the end she said she don't do movies for an award since the snub. That's her new philosophy. 

I see nothing wrong in awards as long you don’t lose your mental health for a snub. Better late than ever I guess.

4 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

I see nothing wrong in awards as long you don’t lose your mental health for a snub. Better late than ever I guess.

I think the best philosophy is : don't give too much importance to an award, you got it great, you don't got it, it's okay.

Jennifer Lopez is bigger than EGOT. Outside USA people doesn't know what's an Emmy or a Tony. They only heard about an Oscar or a Grammy.

My whole entourage believe that Jennifer already got an Oscar. :fan:

It's not a big deal to me and I hope she understood that (I hope so with the ending of the doc).

Edited by Yudelkis

Great reviews so far. :clap3:

I will watch it later tonight. Can’t wait! :whistle:

24 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Is she going to announce a tour after this? 

Would be amazing if she did! She has that Live Nation global touring deal that they haven’t announced shows with yet so it’s a possibility… although she’s already set to shoot a film this summer and fall.

42 minutes ago, Onthe6 said:

Great reviews so far. :clap3:

I will watch it later tonight. Can’t wait! :whistle:

Me and you both! I'll be watching, and then giving ya'll my review either tonight or tomorrow.

A ***** gotta go for a jog first to keep the chichos away.

Like Muva like Daughtah. :gaylocat1:

Made me respect her more as a performer. She seems very tough!!!!

This was great. I cracked up when “Taco Flavored Kisses” came on though. I can’t believe she put that in. ? 

I loved it. I cried. I wish there was more. Shes too legendary and iconic. Netflix is crashing.

3 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

This was great. I cracked up when “Taco Flavored Kisses” came on though. I can’t believe she put that in. ? 

It was to make a point how racist they were. That shît should would not fly in 2022. She should’ve brought to racist treatment of her in the media up more explicitly and really call them out. The stuff she had to endure from mainstream media was really bad and also very sexist.

3 minutes ago, insomniac said:

It was to make a point how racist they were. That shît should would not fly in 2022. She should’ve brought to racist treatment of her in the media up more explicitly and really call them out. The stuff she had to endure from mainstream media was really bad and also very sexist.

South Park doesn't really count they have always used shock for statement but yes a lot of the night time shows and other things were cringe as ****!! I don't think she could go too hard on it cause she of course still works for the machine. Same I felt with Janet in her documentary I didn't know why the bell she didn't go harder on who wronged her with superbowl but made sense. 

28 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Made me respect her more as a performer. She seems very tough!!!!

Yes :clap3: I was so shocked with all the media treatement back. That question on how she feels about her ass :biblio: they were so problematic with her. She has such tough skin and you clearly need that in that business !

7 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Oh don’t get me wrong. It totally wouldn’t. I just can’t believe she finally acknowledged it. The whole ep is so racist. She’s had to put up with A LOT. She works like a machine and still gets told constantly she’s not good enough. It all comes from a place of racism and misogyny and she knows it. 

1 minute ago, FreeXone said:

South Park doesn't really count they have always used shock for statement but yes a lot of the night time shows and other things were cringe as ****!! I don't think she could go too hard on it cause she of course still works for the machine. Same I felt with Janet in her documentary I didn't know why the bell she didn't go harder on who wronged her with superbowl but made sense. 

Yeah that’s fair. The “you don’t marry the maid” comment had me shook. Like how dare they? I’m a stan of her and never realized they said that about her. And yes you’re actually right, both Janet and J.Lo likely still have to play the media game as not to turn it against them and alienate them completely. The Hollywood media machine is so interesting to me. Janet still deserves redemption!! She’s a legend and they did her so so wrong.

2 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Yeah that’s fair. The “you don’t marry the maid” comment had me shook. Like how dare they? I’m a stan of her and never realized they said that about her. And yes you’re actually right, both Janet and J.Lo likely still have to play the media game as not to turn it against them and alienate them completely. The Hollywood media machine is so interesting to me. Janet still deserves redemption!! She’s a legend and they did her so so wrong.

Yep the game is very much there!!!! Hollywood is so small. You piss off a few you piss off them all sad to say. . Especially if women of color. 

Edited by FreeXone

1 minute ago, XtinaStripped said:

Oh don’t get me wrong. It totally wouldn’t. I just can’t believe she finally acknowledged it. The whole ep is so racist. She’s had to put up with A LOT. She works like a machine and still gets told constantly she’s not good enough. It all comes from a place of racism and misogyny and she knows it. 

True! First time she’s really acknowledged it, aside from an interview some years ago where the writer pointed it out. 

Her hard work and grit likely also stems from that. She feels she always need to prove herself extra hard to do a job and often still doesn’t feel taken seriously. It makes you understand her getting so emotional when she does get widespread praise. Still sad she needs that validation, but none of us are perfect and she’s not acting like she is. I enjoy that vulnerability in her, even though many haters drag her for it.

16 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

I loved it. I cried. I wish there was more. Shes too legendary and iconic. 

Glad you saw the full thing and enjoyed it bb :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.