JLo's HALFTIME | Netflix Documentary | Available now!

Mokichi

That was such a sh*tty snub :rip: Like even if she didn't deserve to win, she gave a genuinely better performance than at least half of that (laughable) lineup. That strip scene was life-changing, people died. :jonnycat:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Yudelkis

• SavagePapi

• DanceAgain

She deserved that, the whole lineup was  chaotic.

She totally deserved a nomination for Hustlers

Everyone and their mothers were predicting her to be nominated but the Academy hates her or something coz...

:devil:

That year the nominees should've been:

Laura Dern

Scarlett Johanson

Jennifer Lopez

Florence Pugh

Zhao Shu-zhen

:coffee2:

But the only two that did not make the cut were the WOC, I wonder why 

Can you blame her? She was touted all season just to be snubbed. That line up was a mess anyway. 

I’m still livid but I guess the academy saw through their strategy of putting an a list protagonist as a supporting role to snatch the nom

if she ever wins/gets nom as a lead shell be thankful she didn’t get one this way

Edited by dirrtydiana

3 hours ago, infrared said:

The academy doesn’t want singers turned actresses :giraffe:

Well, it’s the other way around for JLO :gaylocat1:

Anyway, JLO was deserving of the nom, so it’s no surprise that the snub devastated her. Hopefully, she gets her nomination & even win someday :chick3:

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

Not Margot being nominated. :deadbanana4: Most of this category is pretty questionable. 

Margot slayed in Bombshell though?

Love her or hate her. 
She deserved a nom for Selena and Hustlers 

Given Laura Dern won... J. Lo in Hustlers was even win worthy, to not even be nominated was a joke.

She deserves an Oscar for The Back up Plan 

I mean it’s kinda true she just danced like she did at the Super Bowl and it wasn’t that great of a performance either. Funny how y’all aren’t screaming “Get OVeR It” at her for crying over such a rich person problem 

I’m not the biggest fan of hers in general and even I think the snub was a mess. It’s ridiculous how much harder it is for Latinx actors to get in, even when they rack up critical acclaim and/or precursor nominations. It’s easier for Spaniards playing Latinx to get in than for Latinx actors to get in.

10 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

They’re really going to make a whole segment out of how she was snubbed for Hustlers, aren’t they? :rip: Girl you were fine in that movie, move on.

No, She was perfect in It. 

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

Love her or hate her. 
She deserved a nom for Selena and Hustlers 

5 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

You thought you ate. She deserved it. 

Literally, one WOC was nominated that year in the acting categories, and she played a slave. That's all I'm going to say about the Oscars.

Tea!

12 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

OMG!! TRAILER OUT NOW!! 

Acclaim incoming, I fear! :gaylocat1:

It reminded me the Oscar snub I hate it :weeps:  cant wait to watch this it looks really good

She blew me away. Absolutely deserved the nomination. 

She was good in the movie, but come one, she didn't give anything new we haven't seen before from her.

Also, all the controversy with the real Ramona may have influenced their decision not to nominate her.

Well all the precursors that Award season indicated she would at least get a nomination. Obviously a lot of people were surprised that she got snubbed. 

Something about people crying in front of a camera (that was set up) in full make up will never not look phony :clown: 

2 hours ago, Mokichi said:

It reminded me the Oscar snub I hate it :weeps:  cant wait to watch this it looks really good

Seeing the trailer, it shows why Jlo and Bey get along. They both share this drive and command that none of the current girlies have. Truly hard working women who got where they are today because of their sheer relentlessness and work ethic (plus the talent and beauty obvi)

I was reading the comments, intrigued by what movie y'all are talking about that she gave such a great performance, deserving of an Oscar nom. 

Only to find out y'all are talking about HUSTLERS? :rip: :rip: :rip: 

That was NOT an Oscar-nominated worthy performance :ahh: :ahh: 

she was cute but she wasn’t gonna win anyway 

yall only throw the latina card when it’s convenient 

2 hours ago, Khal said:

Something about people crying in front of a camera (that was set up) in full make up will never not look phony :clown: 

Well, the girl had cameras following her for more than 3 years for this doc. It makes sense anything that happens gets filmed.

9 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

She gave the best performance that year behind Dern imo. She was 2nd in the precursors lineup so her snub was pretty shocking. Hopefully it lights a fire under her ass to be choosier with her roles bc the acting talent is there! Pan Me was 10 steps back although I understand she was locked in to do that film for quite sometime. 

I agree that Marry Me was 10 steps back for her, but as you said she was already locked to do that film before Hustlers. However, the movie wasn’t panned. It’s actually rated fresh on Rotten Tomatoes ?. Something that isn’t the norm for comedies. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.