JLo's HALFTIME | Netflix Documentary | Available now!

Mokichi

TBH she really did deserve 

for once….

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Yudelkis

• SavagePapi

• DanceAgain

20 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I saw some articles not just speculating but with direct quotes some Academy members thought she was playing herself :coffee2: Which doesn't make any sense as Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence practically played themselves for all the roles they won :coffee2: Most critics of the decision thought it should've been over Kathy Bates but I actually think it should've been over Margot and I'll continue dying on that hill :coffee2: 

Except that Kathy Bates was phenomenal in that film and it was a performance JLo could NEVER pull off so they can stay mad

You thought you ate. She deserved it. 

Literally, one WOC was nominated that year in the acting categories, and she played a slave. That's all I'm going to say about the Oscars.

She did deserve that award. She KILLED her performance.

26 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Like 5 more actresses deserved to get nominated ahead of her

Dephira

6 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

You thought you ate. She deserved it. 

Literally, one WOC was nominated that year in the acting categories, and she played a slave. That's all I'm going to say about the Oscars.

Um :psyduck:

She campaigned heavily for it so I was shocked about the snub but her best doesn't equate to the best top 5 of the year.

4 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Dephira

You genuinely thought you did something with this post. That warrants psychological attention, no joke 

she really did NOT deserve...idk what movie yʻall saw.

40 minutes ago, Espresso said:

The 1998 Movieline interview burned dozens of bridges (at a minimum) permanently

deff impacted things tbh...and hollywood holds grudges unfortunately. 

Hustler is one of my favorite movies of the past few years.

Out of the 5 women nominate, ScarJo  was the only performance I saw in JoJo Rabbit and def deserved! 

Since I haven’t seen the other four, I can’t fairy give an opinion if JLO should have been nominated. 

JLegend will be fine. 

Longevity >>>

I feel like she has the right to feel down about that, it basically confirmed her peers don't respect her enough as an actress :rip: 

Man, I don’t care what anyway says, she’s such a legend. 

Her presence, especially in the Latino community, is unmatched and I don’t even listen to watch most of her work. 

Super excited for this. 

She absolutely should’ve secured a nomination. I thoroughly enjoyed her in Hustlers. 

She gave the best performance that year behind Dern imo. She was 2nd in the precursors lineup so her snub was pretty shocking. Hopefully it lights a fire under her ass to be choosier with her roles bc the acting talent is there! Pan Me was 10 steps back although I understand she was locked in to do that film for quite sometime. 

11 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Hustler is one of my favorite movies of the past few years.

Out of the 5 women nominate, ScarJo  was the only performance I saw in JoJo Rabbit and def deserved! 

Since I haven’t seen the other four, I can’t fairy give an opinion if JLO should have been nominated. 

I mean the oscars have nominated a lot of mediocre movies and acting roles before. Sometimes it’s just about it “being someone’s time” and this definitely felt like her time. 

The performance was good enough to be nominated, as evidenced by her SAG nomination, even if it clearly didn’t deserve a win. 

1 hour ago, infrared said:

The academy doesn’t want singers turned actresses :giraffe:

Lies.

Anyways, the real snub was this Actor

Where Have You Seen 'Richard Jewell' Star Paul Walter Hauser Before?

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Um :psyduck:

Yes. They have a problem. 

35 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Poor her. She really thought :rip:

Idk why this made me laugh the way it did

Honestly she deserved but her crying in bed is about to serve hit gif

this is giving taylor swift crying in her 80$ Million Mansion about not being nominated for Grammy

there are people that are dying

ona note about movie: I cant wait to watch. Jlo is one of my biggest inspos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.