Drag Race vs The World

Hephaestus

5 hours ago, paperfectdelusion said:

I don't think BBC would crown LGD or Marina but I am confident that both of them would make into final 4 or something, they are really the Pangina/ Jimbo of this season.

We all thought Pangina and Jimbo would make it to the finals of their season too but here we are. lol. I hope they do. I can’t see them going home before the top 4 if I’m being honest. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

8 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

How come completely unwarranted comments like "I hope this contestants show up in another AS" when they're slaying the competition are ok but pointing out the weirdness in that is not? I don't know how you've missed them, but there's a few of them in the last few pages.

The reason why I personally do not report those comments is because I don't read spoilers so I can't claim something classifies as such when I don't know for sure (and you can actually get WPs for reporting something that doesn't break the rules), but they certainly don't go unnoticed, especially if it's multiple users saying virtually the same things.

tl;dr: if you read spoilers, please keep that sh*t to yourself (or discuss in the dedicated thread, it's there for a reason).

I made a comment like that without reading any spoiler about this season simply because:

1) I think both Marina and LGD deserve a bigger platform, regardless of the final outcome (if one of them wins, I would still wanna see them in a future AW or in the upcoming Global All Stars if they don't win)

2) We all know how the format works, we had a terrible experience with the first season and there's no way a queen like Jonbers won't send home one of them IF she had the chance. I mean, it's a genuine concern with every AS/vsTW season to see the frontrunner(s) sent home as soon as possible. And especially when you have a cast with such huge differences in talent, the risk of having another UKvsTW 1 is very high.

• Like 2

Omg I’d hate to see any of these uk queens crowned tbh. They’re not on marina or lgd at all. The only semi worthy would be Tia I guess but even that’s a stretch 

• Thanks 1

gurl we can't have 2 bad winners in a row uh ah and there's no way LGD and Marina will be on bottom unless they pull some bullshit

Lets see how LGD does in an acting challenge. Did she win one on her original season!?

1 hour ago, aayAlex said:

Lets see how LGD does in an acting challenge. Did she win one on her original season!?

She only won Snatch Game! She clearly has comedic timing. She should be fine

This season is great and the cast is outstanding.

So LGD won snatch game in her original season? How about marina? And did they have any other acting challenges? Those are really the only areas I could see either of them fall. Maybe LGD with dancing? We know that Marina has that one in the bag. 

I feel like Marina/LGD, prob knowing about the whole Pangina/Jimbo incident, will try to not repeat the same mistakes there and actually be strategic about their choices but we'll see ... I just CANNOT imagine a finale without either of them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

So LGD won snatch game in her original season? How about marina? And did they have any other acting challenges? Those are really the only areas I could see either of them fall. Maybe LGD with dancing? We know that Marina has that one in the bag. 

Marina came very close to winning Snatch Game on her season (second best), I don't remember about the acting challenges but she was high for basically most of the competition. Based on what we've seen so far I guess La Grand Dame is not particularly good at dancing but we'll see. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Marina came very close to winning Snatch Game on her season (second best), I don't remember about the acting challenges but she was high for basically most of the competition. Based on what we've seen so far I guess La Grand Dame is not particularly good at dancing but we'll see. 

There were no acting challenges in Drag Race PH season 1 but if you excel in Snatch Game, you kinda excel in acting challenges too.

LGD has the biggest weakness out of the two frontrunners, which is clearly dancing (she was low on the Girl Groups challenge her season). Only Tia Kofi and Jonbers did worst than her in their original seasons (both being BTM2) during the GG challenge. And probably Scarlet, I'm not sure tho.

I don't see Marina being the Pangina of the season (she's objectively stronger than her in every aspect, bar the sewing), but LGD being the Jimbo of this season is far from unlikely.

Edited by TrueBlood

The way Blu Hydrangea‘s win has traumatized us all, now we‘re here discussing possible scenarios, challenges outcomes etc :skull: 

But ngl, like I‘m fully serious when I say that Blu‘s win has tainted this franchise. I cant really take these vs the world seasons seriously and I know a lot of people feel that way. 

I loveeeeee Rajah and even her win couldnt save this franchise. The winners simply don’t feel like actual winners to me. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

The way Blu Hydrangea‘s win has traumatized us all, now we‘re here discussing possible scenarios, challenges outcomes etc :skull: 

But ngl, like I‘m fully serious when I say that Blu‘s win has tainted this franchise. I cant really take these vs the world seasons seriously and I know a lot of people feel that way. 

I loveeeeee Rajah and even her win couldnt save this franchise. The winners simply don’t feel like actual winners to me. 

I think Marina or LGD winning could fix this. Hopefully, they've realised and learnt that crowning Blu wasn't OK with most people. 

50 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I think Marina or LGD winning could fix this. Hopefully, they've realised and learnt that crowning Blu wasn't OK with most people. 

Idk. Who would you have crowned out of that top 4? Baga lost some of the love that she had because of her attitude. Juju was in the bottom 3 times in a row and only had one win. Mo Heart was alright during the season and kind of think that overall she would have won. Blu did do well in several of her challenge and I kind of thought she could have been in the top 2 for more than just snatch game. Let’s be real though - Pangina was going home either way and that ONLY happened because she eliminated Jimbo. Had Pangina not eliminated Jimbo I feel like the season would have gone quite differently. That said, out of who we got there really wasn’t much of a difference performance-wise between Mo and Blu so they picked Blu. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Idk. Who would you have crowned out of that top 4? Baga lost some of the love that she had because of her attitude. Juju was in the bottom 3 times in a row and only had one win. Mo Heart was alright during the season and kind of think that overall she would have won. Blu did do well in several of her challenge and I kind of thought she could have been in the top 2 for more than just snatch game. Let’s be real though - Pangina was going home either way and that ONLY happened because she eliminated Jimbo. Had Pangina not eliminated Jimbo I feel like the season would have gone quite differently. That said, out of who we got there really wasn’t much of a difference performance-wise between Mo and Blu so they picked Blu. 

I mean yeah, Blu and Mo both were the better choices.

I would've crowned Mo considering the goodwill she had on her side after AS4, like Ra'jah in CvsTW.

Nothing personal against Blu, I do like her and she did well, but her run on UK1 was nothing to write home about. I know it's an unrelated criterion, but after the whole Jimbo-Pangina situation there wasn’t a lot to go by imo.

On 2/21/2024 at 10:14 AM, blackoutbritney said:

Omg I’d hate to see any of these uk queens crowned tbh. They’re not on marina or lgd at all. The only semi worthy would be Tia I guess but even that’s a stretch 

semi is generous from what i've seen thus far. :matty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I mean yeah, Blu and Mo both were the better choices.

I would've crowned Mo considering the goodwill she had on her side after AS4, like Ra'jah in CvsTW.

Nothing personal against Blu, I do like her and she did well, but her run on UK1 was nothing to write home about. I know it's an unrelated criterion, but after the whole Jimbo-Pangina situation there wasn’t a lot to go by imo.

I agree. I wish I was a fly on the wall when production freaked out about Pangina going home. Two front runners in two weeks? Especially since neither of them really had any bad weeks ahead of them if they had stayed. Jimbo would’ve been safe in the girl group if AS8 is anything to go by and JJ probably would have been eliminated during snatch game with either Baga or Blu in the top 2 with Jimbo. Pangina probably would’ve replaced Juju in the girl group challenge and gotten rid of Baga or Blu unless she wanted to be shady and get rid of Jimbo then. Either way the top 4 would have different and it actually would’ve been smart to crown Jimbo or Pangina to prove that the host nation won’t always win. I’m glad that Jimbo won AS8 but that was pretty much a whole ass apology to Jimbo for getting screwed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stan said:

If we had to get over Trixie's win, we'll get over Blu's :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I agree. I wish I was a fly on the wall when production freaked out about Pangina going home. Two front runners in two weeks? Especially since neither of them really had any bad weeks ahead of them if they had stayed. Jimbo would’ve been safe in the girl group if AS8 is anything to go by and JJ probably would have been eliminated during snatch game with either Baga or Blu in the top 2 with Jimbo. Pangina probably would’ve replaced Juju in the girl group challenge and gotten rid of Baga or Blu unless she wanted to be shady and get rid of Jimbo then. Either way the top 4 would have different and it actually would’ve been smart to crown Jimbo or Pangina to prove that the host nation won’t always win. I’m glad that Jimbo won AS8 but that was pretty much a whole ass apology to Jimbo for getting screwed. 

What a beautiful dream :monkey:

• Like 1

Michelle’s in such a bad mood this episode :deadbanana4:

I didn’t expect Scarlet to play it fair, but I’m glad she did. 

Jonbers is really delusional about her drag quality. :rip:

• Like 3

Shite challenge. Literally everyone flopped because the brief was so confusing. What were they supposed to do? Scarlet and Tia’s didn’t even make sense.

Was Gothy in the top???

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.