Drag Race vs The World

Hephaestus

13 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

I can tell a lot of you already had a pre-existing dislike for Choriza, but she did not deserve to be in the bottom over Hannah...

and if y'all hate a fabric, don't put it there? the look was very well constructed, tf?

:clack:

don't care for that old ***, Alan Carr outjudges, tbh

Nah girl. I was rooting for her on her season and before this one as well. I actually thought she was going to slay this season, but then it started and suddenly she's a camera hog. What are we getting instead of a slay? Forced jokes, """drama""" and ugly. I'm not having it.

Edited by Ponzi
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

It's interesting catching up with this thread because I'm not as gagged with what La Grande Dame presented as most of you are. I don't know if that's because I basically watch every version of the franchise, but I truly didn't think she served anything groundbreaking. First look was giving train conductor, second one we've seen a couple times already (and didn't really fit the brief let's be honest) and third one was very very basic.

That being said, even Marina didn't really excel in this challenge with only her third look being a standout. So I guess Keta had the most solid package and deserved her placement, but other than her everyone else faltered in some way.

Didn't really agree with the bottom placements as well. To me Choriza served three solidly safe looks and Arantxa's also weren't that bad although definitely more on the bottom side. Jonbers and maybe even Tia could've swapped places with them.

Really sad for Arantxa but I didn't see her going far anyway. I enjoyed her here compared to her first season and I'd actually like to see her again once she polishes up a bit.

Enjoyed the lip sync quite a bit, excellent song choice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This season is so refreshing after the nightmarish first one and the uneventful CanadaVSTW. But I’m afraid it’s inevitably going to be ruined ‘cause I don’t see either LGD or Marina winning, and they’re FAAAAAAR above the other queens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

What's up with people in this thread hoping to see Marina and La Grand Dame in another All Stars? They're quite literally the frontrunners so far and could win for all we know, the f*ck. I sense a case of spoilerinas ruining the fun once again :biblio:

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

This season is so refreshing after the nightmarish first one and the uneventful CanadaVSTW. But I’m afraid it’s inevitably going to be ruined ‘cause I don’t see either LGD or Marina winning, and they’re FAAAAAAR above the other queens. 

with S1, it was refreshing for the first few episode too! :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Scarlet was ROBBED.

so true sister. someone must robbed her first look because wtf was that :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Choriza should have gone. I loved her in her initial season but I'm not loving her this time around. Aranxta had a BIT more to show, I feel. Oh well, not really too invested in anyone other than LEGEND TIA! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Scarlet was ROBBED.

Love her but no. 

8 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

What's up with people in this thread hoping to see Marina and La Grand Dame in another All Stars? They're quite literally the frontrunners so far and could win for all we know, the f*ck. I sense a case of spoilerinas ruining the fun once again :biblio:

There's simply no way they're not crowning a UK queen this season. It was done when they announced the cash prize :rip: Gosh I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Dekkan said:

There's simply no way they're not crowning a UK queen this season. It was done when they announced the cash prize :rip: Gosh I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know, if they crown another UK queen I can see a lot of queens turning the invitation down if there's a third season. Plus they crowned Ra'jah in Canada, so there's hope.

• Like 2

If they crown a UK queen it would be simply egregious. The UK girls are simply not at the same level of Marina/LGD even if they bombed every challenge left. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Not only are the UK Queens not on the same level as the international Queens, but they also became less tolerable, less entertaining versions of themselves. It’s kinda crazy :skull:

• Like 12

If by the end a UK queen deserves to win I'm not going to be wound up by it, however the point of this subsidiary of the franchise has the potential to become reductive if the general idea each run is to just crown a UK queen. Because under that logic they should have just started a UK All Stars as a spin-off. A format I actually think would be much more welcomed than VsTW going forward anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

I don't think people are spoiling and are instead just worried about UK and American queens getting production favoritism. It seems pretty clear the top 3-4 queens are all from international franchises, so we'll see how heavy-handed the riggory is this time around.

That said, I think people are also fine seeing LGD or Marina lose so that they might appear on a US All Stars and get far more attention :cm:

Personally, I'm rooting for them to tie and then both appear on All Winners 2 :fan:

I'm rooting for Tia to win even though I despise her. For the sole reason that the UK is currently 6/6 for white winners :skull:

2 hours ago, Jack! said:

If by the end a UK queen deserves to win I'm not going to be wound up by it, however the point of this subsidiary of the franchise has the potential to become reductive if the general idea each run is to just crown a UK queen. Because under that logic they should have just started a UK All Stars as a spin-off. A format I actually think would be much more welcomed than VsTW going forward anyway.

Very this. Out of who was left last year a UK queen winning wasn’t exactly an impossibility (out of that top 4). This year, if a UK queen wins it then they better ******* deserve it.

My mother (who has seen approximately 3 episodes of drag race ever) watched the talent show with me today and even she called Marina winning the episode and going far (she said the same about LGD). If either of them don’t make at least the top 4 due to some shady eliminations, I have a feeling they’ll be going to LSA in any subsequent seasons. 

On 2/18/2024 at 7:22 PM, TrueBlood said:

Thank God canada's not canon, tbh.

They found a needle in that haystack with Jimbo.

23 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Can you stop pointing this stuff out? It's not just you, y'all always think you're doing the right thing with this. I never clock these things but it's comments like these which legit make me aware of it :rip: As someone who's genuinely not aware of the spoilers, comments like the ones you're referring to are really not that obvious

you know you can just report those comments instead of doubling down on what ever they said right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, unino said:

with S1, it was refreshing for the first few episode too! :rip:

I kinda agree, but I remember having a bad feeling since EP1 tbh. There was something just eerie and off with the vibe, it really felt like watching a surreal nightmare that kept on worsening week after week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kataraqueen said:

Can you stop pointing this stuff out? It's not just you, y'all always think you're doing the right thing with this. I never clock these things but it's comments like these which legit make me aware of it :rip: As someone who's genuinely not aware of the spoilers, comments like the ones you're referring to are really not that obvious

you know you can just report those comments instead of doubling down on what ever they said right

How come completely unwarranted comments like "I hope this contestants show up in another AS" when they're slaying the competition are ok but pointing out the weirdness in that is not? I don't know how you've missed them, but there's a few of them in the last few pages.

The reason why I personally do not report those comments is because I don't read spoilers so I can't claim something classifies as such when I don't know for sure (and you can actually get WPs for reporting something that doesn't break the rules), but they certainly don't go unnoticed, especially if it's multiple users saying virtually the same things.

tl;dr: if you read spoilers, please keep that sh*t to yourself (or discuss in the dedicated thread, it's there for a reason).

• Like 1

No matter how hard they try to fake it, the casts on these vs the world seasons don't have any chemistry whatsoever :rip: the Canadian one wasn't that bad but the two UK seasons are giving the awkward first hour of a party before everyone drinks enough to be sociable

• Haha 1

Yh the chemistry is lacking but I think a lot of it is due to nerves. A lot of them never met Ru. Besides they don't know how to express themselves to the fullest in the english language. 

• Like 4

I don't think BBC would crown LGD or Marina but I am confident that both of them would make into final 4 or something, they are really the Pangina/ Jimbo of this season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.