Drag Race vs The World

Hephaestus

54 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

The way I was devastated by Marina and LGD not winning their seasons (ROBBED!!).... but now seeing all of you stan them in this thread is making me so happy.

tumblr_mkhxb89GAL1rnytu7o1_500.gif

Not too much on icon Paloma, she did amazing too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Not too much on icon Paloma, she did amazing too!

spacer.png

As I said at the time:

On 8/12/2022 at 12:16 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Tea. They must have based the win on the fan vote cause it clearly wasn't based on the finale :alexz2:

LGD is a "fashion queen" who is also funny/silly, charismatic, a good dancer, etc. She also had the ~growth~ narrative the franchise loves, culminating in her crying on the main stage in the finale. The whole episode was structured around her winning, but I guess they wanted the fan fave to win. Oh well. Paloma is cool, even if her winning after her terrible dancing in the finale left a sour taste in my mouth.

So yeah, Paloma certainly didn't do badly, but Ms. Grande Dame was still robbed :sorry:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

spacer.png

As I said at the time:

So yeah, Paloma certainly didn't do badly, but Ms. Grande Dame was still robbed :sorry:

Fair enough, nothing to be sorry about hihi LGD was my fave too. I just thought Paloma served iconic French drag throughout the season (LGD did as well). I actually don't remember much about the finale :mandown:

NTM on scarlet girls she still served us some of the best looks of her all stars season for the short time she was on. 
Scarlet Envy GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Drag Race Scarlet Envy GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

who would ya'll have casted instead of Scarlet & Mayhem?

Have only watched the English-speaking series so LOVED seeing Marina, LGD, and Arantxca 

loved Hannah on DU so she rounds out the Top 4 for me

7 minutes ago, thedeathbymusic said:

Thorgy x

• Like 2

Just now, thedeathbymusic said:

Tatianna and Aja

• Like 2

I haven't seen Drag Race France but the thought of Nicky Dolly judging La Grande Dame... :skull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, thedeathbymusic said:

Asia O'Hara and Thorgy Thor.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

I haven't seen Drag Race France but the thought of Nicky Dolly judging La Grande Dame... :skull:

right…

I could never take Drag Race France seriously cause the host is SO mid. What authority does she have?

2 hours ago, thedeathbymusic said:

Detox and Kennedy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

spacer.png

As I said at the time:

to be fair LGD got saved a bit, especially in the acting and commercial challenge while Paloma only faltered once and won her LS then anyway :fan: LGD did deserve to win the ball tho. I think it's better this way, LGD gets to show herself to the international audience and looks like they'll have no choice but to stan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Cottonmouth said:

33 minutes ago, Shinning said:

right…

I could never take Drag Race France seriously cause the host is SO mid. What authority does she have?

Nicky is, surprisingly, an excellent host :clap3: She is very real with the girls and has far more charisma than she got to show in her US season. Both seasons of France are VERY good, and def worth the watch.

Also, good contestants don't necessarily make good hosts. IMHO, I think Nicky does a way better job than Valentina, for example, even though Valentina is the more polished/accomplished Ru girl. And can you imagine Ru competing, when she barely dance, can't sew, etc.?

Now if you want to see somehow who sucks at both Drag Race and hosting, tune into Drag Race Belgique

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

This season is going to be GOOOOOD. 

I can’t wait to see Marina and LGD on a US All Stars like Jimbo if they don’t win. They’re gonna be the breakouts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shinning said:

right…

I mean ... least we got keiona winning which was a huge serve

• Like 1

Lowkey excited for this season after the ep. Le Grand and Marina ate. Also excited for Hannah and somehow Jonbers delusion is hilarious to me. 

Not vibing the Spanish queen… 

Was cheering for Gothy, I’m glad she got another shot!

Mayhem could have actually been onto something great with this nine perfect strangers act but she ****** it up.

Scarlett deserved safe at least :rip: was Lowkey gooped when they put her bottom. Hopefully she gets a small redemption arc. Her runway was amazing and her talent wasn’t even bottom half. The Dutch queen and Tia did worse than some of the bttm 3 (and I like Tia). 

8 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

Lowkey excited for this season after the ep. Le Grand and Marina ate. Also excited for Hannah and somehow Jonbers delusion is hilarious to me. 

Not vibing the Spanish queen… 

Was cheering for Gothy, I’m glad she got another shot!

Mayhem could have actually been onto something great with this nine perfect strangers act but she ****** it up.

Scarlett deserved safe at least :rip: was Lowkey gooped when they put her bottom. Hopefully she gets a small redemption arc. Her runway was amazing and her talent wasn’t even bottom half. The Dutch queen and Tia did worse than some of the bttm 3 (and I like Tia). 

I'm so sorry but you not referring to the queens by name is giving microaggression.

• Thumbs Down 1

Marina was by far the best. I didn't really like LGD performance but she's definitely a frontrunner.

Scarlet's performance was actually pretty good. I really like Gothy, but god she is so stiff :skull:. Her fire performance was actually a lot better than some of the other girlies though.

Richard Grant was a great guest Judge btw :heart2:. One of my favourite judges. Seem to genuinely love being there.

Edited by Cottonmouth

LGD is indeed a stronger Drag Race contestant than Nicky Doll, but not too much on Miss Nicky girls! She's actually one of the best hosts of any of the DR franchises (and I would maybe even go as far as to say that I personally even prefer her to Ru). She's really great at the job, regardless of how she did on the show.

• Like 3

Nicky is a great host. Don't do too much on her. Her season was cursed anyway.

Mayhem sucks at Drag Race. I almost feel bad. 

Didn’t watch France or Philippines but I’m obsessed with LGD and Marina already. :heart2:

Gothy did not deserve to be in the bottom…  

• Like 2

I lowkey hated everything Scarlet gave this episode. :skull: The talent show was cringe and her runway was uninspired. I didn't like her entrance look either. :skull: I love her and hope she shines but from a first-impression point of view if I was a casual viewer I don't think she stood out.

I thought scarlet did well and didn’t deserve being in the bottom but… her makeup or something is worse than AS6 and I’m not into it 

8 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Tatianna and Aja

7 hours ago, Lexiel said:

Asia O'Hara and Thorgy Thor.

6 hours ago, KFC said:

Detox and Kennedy

Why a third time tho (excluding Asia, of course, totally here for her and it would be her second time)?  :deadbanana4: like, enough is enough, there are like over 100 US Queens who can come back for a SECOND time. 3 times is unfair.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.