Canada's Drag Race Canada vs The World | S2 | Trailer Out, Jul 19

Hephaestus

Drag Kings are boring. I appreciate the hard work and transformation but I find it extremely dull to see a dude perform an 80's rock song on stage. And the makeup looks crunchy most of the time (see Vic Snore). On Dragula it worked because horror is interesting and outlandish in itself. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, willmcclure9 said:

jfc....... shes insufferable 

How are those tweets insufferable? :rip:  They are a harmless call out of misogyny, that's all.  

• ATRL Moderator

Landon Cider is the strongest winner of any Dragula season so far, I don't think allowing drag kings are going to result in a season of half queens half kings, but if someone like Landon or Tenderoni is obviously at the top of their art I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to compete?  

Also, remember Victoria is the ONLY cis woman across the ENTIRE RUPAUL FRANCHISE.  I'm sure she feels the pressure to speak on topics such as fishy and drag kings that don't affect literally anyone else on any drag race season.  

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

Landon Cider is the strongest winner of any Dragula season so far, I don't think allowing drag kings are going to result in a season of half queens half kings, but if someone like Landon or Tenderoni is obviously at the top of their art I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to compete?  

Also, remember Victoria is the ONLY cis woman across the ENTIRE RUPAUL FRANCHISE.  I'm sure she feels the pressure to speak on topics such as fishy and drag kings that don't affect literally anyone else on any drag race season.  

I wish she would have felt the pressure to be a better entertainer.

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

How are those tweets insufferable? :rip:  They are a harmless call out of misogyny, that's all.  

Because that word was almost never used derogatory, but as a high form of compliment from drag queens to other queens. Now it has been given this dark meaning and it has opened the floodgates to further paint gay men and drag queens as misogynistic and to finally equate drag itself with misogynism (which a lot of women believe that drag is inherently misogynistic, should we succumb and drop it as an art form?).

2 weeks of fishy debate. Ok.
Judging was fine, I didn't like Victoria's looks but I understand why she was in top 2.

Victoria slayed all THREE of her looks. I actually forgot until it was announced that there isn't a solo winner on All-Stars-y series'.

Because to me she was so far ahead of everyone. I was gagged everytime she walked on the stage.

Silky did win the lipsync but she did well too and just... what a showing this week :bloo:

the mental gymnastics some of y'all are doing to justify your misogyny in this thread. Victoria is right. About fishy and drag kings.

28 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

the mental gymnastics some of y'all are doing to justify your misogyny in this thread. Victoria is right. About fishy and drag kings.

Deez nutz.

13 hours ago, P.O.P said:

Can someone explain how Victoria's "drag king" runway was political and why should we celebrate masculinity on Drag Race?

It's QUITE the opposite actually, did anyone else not see the IRONY in her being mad at women being "presented" as big boobs, small waist, etc, but then she literally comes out as a STEREOTYPE of an attractive, blonde male? No? Complete with FAKE LEG HAIR? What about men that cant grow leg hair?

See how this sounds, this is why she needs to stfu.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:45 PM, unino said:

what are yall on? icesis' 3rd look was so bad lmao

Literal garbage and I honestly think her was 3rd worst next to Vanity and Anita.

Also, Icesis JUST won 100k, why TF is she truly there? Like I literally dont get it.

Theres no way she gets another 100k.

14 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

It's QUITE the opposite actually, did anyone else not see the IRONY in her being mad at women being "presented" as big boobs, small waist, etc, but then she literally comes out as a STEREOTYPE of an attractive, blonde male? No? Complete with FAKE LEG HAIR? What about men that cant grow leg hair?

Please tell me this is meant to be ironic... cause chile... :rip:

5 hours ago, GlamourCadaver said:

"Fishy" was never meant for cis white women to use, anyway. It's a word that originates in ballroom culture for use by black trans women in particular, and that language being co-opted, mis- and over-used and then being called offensive by someone it's not even meant to be used by, and subsequently banned, is just ridiculous. :dies: 

Sure, women are subjected to misogyny by gays who think that word has anything to do with genitalia, but white women like Victoria trying to shut down use of the word as if it's theirs to dictate is just TERFy (and having "BLACK TRANS LIVES MATTER" in your Twitter bio doesn't negate that).

Drag Race only recently really started letting trans people compete. Drag kings should be allowed on, but this still really ignores the transmisogyny that trans women face on this show and demonstrates how white women play the victim at all costs.

I know your arm is hurting from that reach :rip: I don't care about the fish debate much but Victoria has every right to speak on it. You sound exactly like the gay males trying to negate women's experiences with misogyny :shakeno:

I'm no Victoria fan but the amount of you guys trying to silence her in this thread :bibliahh:

Calling out misogyny really gets gays pressed like panini huh?

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Also, Icesis JUST won 100k, why TF is she truly there? Like I literally dont get it.

Theres no way she gets another 100k.

I hope she does 

Victoria stone has to be THE most annoying contestant ever. Jesus. These kind of people and their enablers are going to be the reason why drag will cease to exist in future mark my words. 

Edited by ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

the stale scone lashing in here are sending me :bibliahh:

Icesis and Vanity should've been top 2 :rip:

LOVE Ra'jah but that lingerie look was DISGUSTING. From the cheap set to the rupaul wig :rip: 

9 hours ago, GlamourCadaver said:

"Fishy" was never meant for cis white women to use, anyway. It's a word that originates in ballroom culture for use by black trans women in particular, and that language being co-opted, mis- and over-used and then being called offensive by someone it's not even meant to be used by, and subsequently banned, is just ridiculous. :dies: 

Sure, women are subjected to misogyny by gays who think that word has anything to do with genitalia, but white women like Victoria trying to shut down use of the word as if it's theirs to dictate is just TERFy (and having "BLACK TRANS LIVES MATTER" in your Twitter bio doesn't negate that).

Drag Race only recently really started letting trans people compete. Drag kings should be allowed on, but this still really ignores the transmisogyny that trans women face on this show and demonstrates how white women play the victim at all costs.

5 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

YALL BETTER ******* SPILL

On 12/3/2022 at 8:45 PM, feelslikeadream said:

The NERVE to talk about playing it safe in her 3rd look when Victoria was wearing a monochromatic body suit and won :deadbanana: Sure, she added ugly plastic thorns and those ugly leaves, but even the judges had to drag the leaves. And while Silky was impressive in scope, it's not like a rain coat and a skirt is a huge risk :skull: 

You might not think Icesis deserved, but this rationale is not rational.

I would have put Victoria in the bottom so don’t even start lmao

3 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Victoria stone has to be THE most annoying contestant ever. Jesus. These kind of people and their enablers are going to be the reason why drag will crease to exist in future mark my words. 

Word

Oh my, this episode really has the girls talking uh? :foxaylove3:

Icesis had clearly the best showing out of all: the three looks were on brand, on theme and the one she made was amazing. She won her season for a reason. Production is really trying to level the field out because if they put her in the top (or even high) every week it would put a target on her back and get her eliminated like Pangina/Jimbo were. Same applies to Ra'Jah, by the way.

Speaking of Ra'Jah, her looks were very solid but I'm getting tired of how simple (for a lack of a better word) most of them are. The construction is always impeccable but I wish she worked with other designers to give her drag the elevation she needs after competing already two times.

Silky was ok, I wasn't particularly impressed by her first two looks but the third one was really good. Too bad she put that brown fabric under her jacket, it cheapened the whole thing. Victoria's first two looks were amazing, especially the drag king look. The way she presented it, the reveal and the novelty factor of it had me gagging. Her third look was off theme and a not well constructed though, it's pretty obvious she brought that gorgeous wig from home and decided she would make an outfit around it no matter what.

Special mentions to Anita's second look (she looked beautiful in it) and Vanity's whole ball presentation. I really liked her looks and thought she might even be in the top. The lingerie look was simply exquisite.

Bottom two was correct and unfortunately it was Anita's time to go. I wish they'd get rid of Rita because I'm expecting her to do well in acting/comedy challenges and I really don't want to witness that.

Top placements were meh but I understand why they made those choices. The lip sync was fine, I was kiing at Silky getting in front of Victoria every chance she got. Now that's petty, but she stole the show and won, so good for her!

In the first category, Rajah’s wig line was so far back it looked like it was trying to run away from her face. Vanity and Victoria probably had my favorite first two looks. Anita’s first look was meh but her second look may have been the best of that category.

Vanity’s challenge look was meh. Honestly she may have been my least favorite of this category. The hat needed to be removed at some point. Icesis… I want to hate it so much but she just rocks it out. I don’t get how Victoria’s look really said “caught in the rain”. It looked like a plant challenge. Rajah’s silhouette on her design was gorgeous… but it just looked off somehow. I actually thought that Rita’s look was good. The golden shower bit was hilarious. I really enjoyed Silky’s caught in the rain look. To me it was the truest to the brief. the only thing that I think I did not like was that it was that the first look and the third both used a similar yellow so it kind of didn’t have as much pop as it would have otherwise. Anita’s look was actually okay. I was probably the most worried about her outfit. 

Icesis’s face crack was everything. I do agree with the top/bottom 3 placements. I do think that Rita was the weakest of the night but I understand why Anita got the boot. I would’ve liked to see more of her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.