• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• Cloröx

• frenchyisback

• Vespertine

Oh man ADELE? i can't lie im actually genuinely shocked. Because she has the GP in the palm of her hand. 

She's literally a god to the GP . I guess this is her decline point? You know where a pop girl's album underwhelming success looks terrible to previous releases. 

I honestly thought she was immune forever. Guess no one is :gaycat6:

The album is garbage so i'm not surprised, people got sick of the one trick pony

Hasnt this album already OUTSOLD all of the main girls recent releases? Why does it matter?

I feel like Adele is kind of just stuck in a rut. People want earth shattering break up anthems, but she’s really skimped on that for two eras now. The goodwill can only last so long with these huge gaps. 

7 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Hasnt this album already OUTSOLD all of the main girls recent releases? Why does it matter?

This.

And she hasn't been promoting it. In 2022, if you're not promoting or on tour, the era is as good as dead. If she did a bunch of promo, I'm sure the album would rebound somewhat.

20. Justice - Justin Bieber

:clap: :clap::clap: 

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

You said what the girlies are too afraid to say :mandown:

#1 IFPI global album of 2021 in 6 weeks with a global #1 smash in 20+ countries

The fact that it's still charting in the top 50 in its 20th week is just a bonus 

The way someone swallowed clorox and dares to call an album like 30 a flop :ahh:

Let’s be real, some artists would kill to have Adele’s first week sales as their pure sales total. :skull:

Based on the fact that is 3x platinum and it’s barely at 2.3m unite in the US, it’s likely there are like 1m unsold copies of this album still in stores in America. Must be the same ratio of severity WW. That’s why it’s very questionable to use the IFPI’s shipment numbers to say that 30 was the biggest album of 2021. It’s clearly not, in fact, with all of the grandeur global promotion the album recieved and all the unsold physical copies, this could be more of a monetary disaster than it appears. Along with that, Adele just couldn’t work out her Vegas residency, which just means more financial mishaps and possible lawsuits. I fear that this might cause Adele to be fearful of putting out another album. I wish her the best, I know she has the potential.

Edited by Timber

5 hours ago, Timber said:

Based on the fact that is 3x platinum and it’s barely at 2.3m unite in the US, it’s likely there are like 1m unsold copies of this album still in stores in America. Must be the same ratio of severity WW. That’s why it’s very questionable to use the IFPI’s shipment numbers to say that 30 was the biggest album of 2021. It’s clearly not, in fact, with all of the grandeur global promotion the album recieved and all the unsold physical copies, this could be more of a monetary disaster than it appears. Along with that, Adele just couldn’t work out her Vegas residency, which just means more financial mishaps and possible lawsuits. I fear that this might cause Adele to be fearful of putting out another album. I wish her the best, I know she has the potential.

When Sony start to get back the million albums unsold is going to be a problem… 

On 4/15/2022 at 7:40 AM, TouchinFree said:

Oh man ADELE? i can't lie im actually genuinely shocked. Because she has the GP in the palm of her hand. 

She's literally a god to the GP . I guess this is her decline point? You know where a pop girl's album underwhelming success looks terrible to previous releases. 

I honestly thought she was immune forever. Guess no one is :gaycat6:

her strength is album sales, and the GP has MOVED ON to streaming. you dont expect the GP be spamming 4 songs that are 15 minutes long each. :biblio:

not to mention the only ballad that is streaming friendly in 30 is Easy on Me, compared to 25 that has Hello, When We Were Young, All I Ask, and even Love in the Dark

Edited by supertiffany

On 4/15/2022 at 8:35 AM, satellites.™ said:

other stans would kill for their fave to reach near 5M album sales in less than a year, heck even more than a year this 2020's decade:rofl:

On 4/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, Oktober Knight said:

Still the best selling album of 2021 (in only 7 weeks) and of 2022 (so far) 

:cm:

Encanto alreadt surpassed it for 2022 so no

Whenever I think of 30, I feel like im Raven talking about Tatiana in my confessionals.

Anyway, its deserved

a big chunk of her base already got a physical to play the album, 30 tracks are also too long and too little to sustain and accumulate a lot of SEA to maintain a high week-by-week consumption unit number. At the end of the day, is anyone matching or catching up on her numbers?

4 hours ago, BadX said:

. At the end of the day, is anyone matching or catching up on her numbers?

Yes. You should see all the albums mentioned in this thread. Even encanto outsold.

52 minutes ago, KeshaSwift said:

Yes. You should see all the albums mentioned in this thread. Even encanto outsold.

YTD:

1 ENCANTO | SOUNDTRACK
WALT DISNEY
1,179,000 167,300 287,300 1,150,346,000 307,196,000
2 GUNNA | DS4EVER
YOUNG STONER LIFE/ELEKTRA
697,000 7,000 20,500 890,965,000 49,296,000
3 MORGAN WALLEN | DANGEROUS: THE DOUBLE ALBUM
BIG LOUD/REPUBLIC
599,000 24,800 101,900 721,089,000 58,556,000
4 THE WEEKND | DAWN FM
XO/REPUBLIC
526,000 81,700 56,800 558,577,000 26,018,000
5 THE WEEKND | THE HIGHLIGHTS
XO/REPUBLIC
475,000 23,200 72,200 577,585,000 64,996,000
6 DRAKE | CERTIFIED LOVER BOY
OVO/REPUBLIC
461,000 1,300 24,400 601,044,000 32,602,000
7 OLIVIA RODRIGO | SOUR
GEFFEN
454,000 104,200 43,900 471,908,000 27,166,000
8 DOJA CAT | PLANET HER
KEMOSABE/RCA
432,000 12,200 68,300 539,572,000 60,405,000

ATRL  secretly really wanted this woman to fail :rip: Imagine if she ever has a proper flop.

5 hours ago, BadX said:

a big chunk of her base already got a physical to play the album, 30 tracks are also too long and too little to sustain and accumulate a lot of SEA to maintain a high week-by-week consumption unit number. At the end of the day, is anyone matching or catching up on her numbers?

I mean, it’s not as if this is 21. From the last few years, Folklore, WWAFA, Future Nostalgia, and Sour will all remain above it at this rate, and that’s just off the top of my head. I wouldn’t be surprised if Planet Her does as well. Red TV will also surpass it eventually in terms of how the RIAA measures album units since it’s a double album (though 30 may still win in shipments and certification - as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, there are quite a lot of overshipped copies of 30). It’s doing very respectable numbers, but yeah, there are many others that are doing so too.

Imo this album would be performing markedly better if not for that like four minute spoken interlude

Everyone I know who’s listened to the album has dragged it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.