Mabel - 'About Last Night…'

Supervillain

7 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

I know about 8 songs

Ooo ok thanks for the info.

im just so confused why the Apple Music edition has so many unnecessary version bonus tracks and this basically explains it.

i expected wayyyy more like dua lipa level outtakes 

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• sam.teas

• Delirious

• Lady Claire

it's a solid pop record with no particular highs or lows, I kinda enjoy all of the songs the same, it's weird, I can't explain it lol

Edited by FireFade

No expectations but overall ok album

Top 3 were I Love Your Girl, Crying On The Dancefloor and Let Them Know. A holy trinity. Really don't understand the reasoning behind some of these singles

2 hours ago, RockStarShit101 said:

this album is so much better than her unlistenable debut album

it's pop music done perfectly 

MTE

Definition, Let Love Go and Crying on the Dancefloor are the holy trinity! 

seeing as this era is a train wreck and floppage for the books, singles should have been:

1. let love go
  2. over thinking 
  3. let them know (album release)
  4. definition 
  5. i love your girl (bonus single for good performance of the other singles)
  6. when the party's over (not sent to radio or anything, just puts out a video of her walking home in London as a cute lil ending)

This is basically what people think that middy album Future Nostalgia sounds like… but instead of dated straight to quarantine it has much more expansive production and melodies. Shy is also kinda like if Break My Soul was good!

1 hour ago, Sanguine said:

This is basically what people think that middy album Future Nostalgia sounds like… but instead of dated straight to quarantine it has much more expansive production and melodies. Shy is also kinda like if Break My Soul was good!

DO1NTaI.thumb.jpg.6b9f7c58d46e8d1b8d193b

2 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Leave Beyoncé out of this but otherwise you spilled… plus Mabel’s vocals and harmonies are better than Dua’s. FN has very sparse vocal production.

3 hours ago, Sanguine said:

spilled now that Shy has grown into soty

DO1NTaI.thumb.jpg.6b9f7c58d46e8d1b8d193b

Okay….in reviewing Mabel’s album, the biggest problem is the production - slightly dated and a little basic- and the choruses are like one word repeated lol….Top songs: LOL, I Wish, Overthinking, Let Them Know, Let Love Go

High Expectations was much better. 

• ATRL Moderator

It’s hit after hit after hit, then the interlude, and then it just isn’t the same :katie:

22 hours ago, Delirious said:

do u happen to know approx how many tracks didnt make it to this album but were considered and/or replaced last minute?

• Guilttrippin'.

• Imagination.

• You Can't Take Me.

• Heartbreak.

• Need.

• Trash.

I think those are a few outtakes, not entirely sure since I don't fully listen to Mabel tbh.

Mabel was wrong to choose the singles.. I would do this definition (demo version)> Shy > Animal > Crying on the dance floor and ended the era with LET LOVE GO ( SOLO)

idk why yall hate LOL

It's a BANGER!!!

mlaredoperez
17 hours ago, Sanguine said:

is this a joke? lmao

These tracks sound like C side FN. Even "Pretend I don't exist" (a FN scrap) is better than 90% of Mabel's album

Edited by mlaredoperez

2 minutes ago, mlaredoperez said:

is this a joke? lmao

These tracks sound like C side FN. Even "Pretend I don't exist" (a FN scrap) is better than 90% of Mabel's album

Wrong. Future Nostalgia is without a doubt better than ALN but every ALN track apart from Deal Or No Deal is better than the last 2 tracks on FN which drag down the album A LOT

2 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

girlie slayed with this album, loving definition and lol :squirrel:

OMG IT's YOU!!! :bibliahh::duca:

3 minutes ago, Delirious said:

OMG IT's YOU!!! :bibliahh::duca:

henlo!! nice to see u around again :ducky: i fear i don't post enough on this forum bc i'm in v different demographics to a lot of users here, but i wanna hang here more often :whistle: the emotes here are way more fan than the forum i usually use for one

4 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

henlo!! nice to see u around again :ducky: i fear i don't post enough on this forum bc i'm in v different demographics to a lot of users here, but i wanna hang here more often :whistle: the emotes here are way more fan than the forum i usually use for one

ooo nice

a little offtopic but have you listened to ellie's new song "easy lover"? :duca:

11 minutes ago, Delirious said:

ooo nice

a little offtopic but have you listened to ellie's new song "easy lover"? :duca:

This is the second time I've been recommended this song so I just gave it a lil stream :squirrel:

I've not really listened to ellie much b4 except when she's come on the radio so apologies if it's typical for her but I didn't expect this retro kind of sound from her? she did it well tho!! her adlibs especially on this are v pretty. overall song is prit :whistle: