Mabel - 'About Last Night…'

Supervillain

I Love Your Girl is bisexual pop excellence. 

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• sam.teas

• Delirious

• Lady Claire

49 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

I Love Your Girl is bisexual pop excellence. 

i'm sort of confused about the narrative of the song because i got sexual awakening but also i'm finally over so do your new girl right because i actually like as a person lol

the album debuted with 907,946 streams.. does anyone know what high expectations debut numbers were?

so this album can be divided into 3 main writing camps

SG Lewis - delivering most consistent quality (Let Them Know, Let Love Go.... with LTK being the best track on the album. In restropect, LTK is pretty much the only song sounding like a hit on the album, save for "I Wish" which is a Joel Corry song. When it flopped, that was the clear signal the sound is not working for Mabel)

Jean-Marie + MNEK (Shy, Definition, WTPO) - MNEK wyd????? he used to serve bops but sadly most of these dont work for me. Felt like he gave all his best material to Little Mix, esp Definition sounds like a Little Mix reject (the song's bridge is full of Little Mix's signature harmonies)

Swedish team (ILYG, Good Luck, Crying) - this is actually the most disappointing :rip: None of them work for Mabel , StarGate needs new inspiration ASAP

----

Now I understand why they went with LOL (Steve Mac) as the single launching album release week

Given that singles from all 3 camps above flopped (SG Lews' LTK, Swedish's Good Luck & Overthinking,..), it's best to try with different sound

LOL should have been released as 3rd single post-I Wish actually

Edited by reymiu

• ATRL Moderator

I'm surprised by the mixed responses in this thread.

It might be far from being the best album released this year, but it's a cute pop album to listen to. Although I can understand if some people didn't enjoy it, in case they had great expectations for the album.

Let Them Know is really the standout of the album, I'm glad it was the lead single :clap3:

"Shy" sounds sooo good. The production reminds me of "Confetti" by Little Mix :katie2:

"Good Luck" grew on me while listening to it in the order of the tracklist.

The second half of the album feels weaker compared to the songs in the first half.

Overall I really enjoyed the album, maybe I don't have many complaints to make because I thought the album was never going to be released in the first place :deadbanana4:

EDIT: "Lol" sounds like a bootleg version of Don't Call Me Up. The production of the song reminds me of this video :dies:

It's kinda cute tho once you listen to it again :lakitu:

• ATRL Moderator

LOOKING FOR THAT TOUCH
CAN'T REPLACE REAL LOVE
THINKING YOU'LL FIND BETTER, BABY

GOOD LUCK

dance-ariel.gif

this is actually NOT bad :toofunny3: the random lashings... is it missing a Don't Call Me Up? yes, but that doesn't mean the album is bad.

Believe it or not, I’ve never heard a single Mabel song aside from bits of “Don’t Call Me Up”, so I went into this record pretty blind. Overall, it’s a solid pop album. It is by no means amazing but there are some truly great moments.

In my opinion the highlights are “Animal” (the melody with that production in the verses is sick AF, not to mention the purr), “Shy” (I love how this song pretends to be nothing it’s not), “Let Love Go” (the solo version and it’s rare you see a top 40 pop song that has only one verse that doesn’t repeat!), “Crying on the Dance Floor” (the vocoder ending is a tamer version of Kylie Minogue’s “Dance Floor Darling” climax), “I Love You Girl” (so unexpected and very interesting lyrically), and “Toxic (Acoustic)”, (this is a hell of a cover and an amazing tribute to Britney!

I know everyone is praising “Let Them Know” to the heavens, but while it’s a certified Gay (with a capital “G”) bop, it’s not a highlight in my opinion.

I’ve seen mention of a superior version of “Definition” that l**ked but I can not find it anywhere for the life of me. Oh well I guess :michael: 

Now that she’s signed with Dua’s old management, can she unrelease the album and all its singles and start again with the same material and competent management??

Ok so i realised at the start, all bundles were available to ship worldwide, however just this week, the bundles are UK exclusive only

I'm so ******* pissed omg I only wanted to buy if the album was good and it is and now I can't get the pink vinyl

26 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Ok so i realised at the start, all bundles were available to ship worldwide, however just this week, the bundles are UK exclusive only

I'm so ******* pissed omg I only wanted to buy if the album was good and it is and now I can't get the pink vinyl

Ok so turns out I was manage to be able to buy it but now my country address is wrong and it says United Kingdom...great I'm ******

The cookies stuffed everything up lmfaoooo

I opened a support ticket and hopefully they could solve it :bibliahh::deadbanana2:

What an amazing pop album!

My faves are Let Them Know, LOL, Animal and I Love Your Girl (which is PURE pop excellence btw).

The album tracks really debuted with 20K streams each.. 

34 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

The album tracks really debuted with 20K streams each.. 

13 x 20,000 = 260,000

260,000 / 1500 = 173

= 173 album sales :rip: :skull:

8 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

13 x 20,000 = 260,000

260,000 / 1500 = 173

= 173 album sales :rip: :skull:

That's worldwide too :rip:

This is honestly so frustrating to see. How can her team let this happen to her. And there were so many better iconic singles they could've picked from this record.

5 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Career suicide is tomorrow 

Maybe it’ll elevate the song? :toofunny3:

Just now, Better Mistakes said:

Maybe it’ll elevate the song? :toofunny3:

Judging by the videos this era… NOPE :toofunny3: 

12 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Career suicide is tomorrow 

WHY DID THEY PICK LOL OF ALL SONGS :jonny4:

LET LOVE GO/Definition/Animal is right there :jonnycat:

@Supervillaindo u happen to know approx how many tracks didnt make it to this album but were considered and/or replaced last minute? :jonny6:

I really want a deluxe even tho i know it's unlikely

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

@Supervillaindo u happen to know approx how many tracks didnt make it to this album but were considered and/or replaced last minute? :jonny6:

I really want a deluxe even tho i know it's unlikely

I know about 8 songs

RockStarShit101

this album is so much better than her unlistenable debut album

it's pop music done perfectly