Mabel - 'About Last Night…'

Supervillain

On 7/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, St. Francis said:

Dancing On My Own by Robyn I think. That overrated ass song :rip: 

it's definitely appropriately rated lol it's such a pop classic. it does irk me that call your girlfriend from the same album doesn't get the same love.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• sam.teas

• Delirious

• Lady Claire

When The Party's Over has grown on me a lot now. 

deal or no deal is truly horrendous

also when partys over shouldve been last track

13 hours ago, touch said:

The solo version of Let Love Go is HERE! :alexz:

this is so much better holy ****

the production is 2x better

I know and love that she’s telling a story with this album, but the second half of the tracklist needed to change a bit to make more sense. From the intro to Good Luck it’s all good and makes totally sense on that order, but after that i would put:

7. Take Your Name - This one being right after GL sounds so abrupt :deadbanana2: i feel like it needed a muffled sound with Good Luck at the beggining, just like LLG on the Overthinking video. Then she would take a deep breath and the actual interlude we know would play. It would give context (She’s on the bathroom and the sadness kicks in) and make the transition more smooth.

8. Overthinking - the closest “midtempo” we have on this album and it’s a bit sad too. It would serve to express more of her feelings right after TYN, and picking back the upbeat vibe slowly.

9. Crying on the Dance Floor - Mabel getting lifted with the help of her friends, and trying to not overthink anymore about this guy - realizing her worth.

10. I Love Your Girl - the clímax. When she realizes she’s ok and don’t need/miss the guy anymore.

11. Let Love Go - the solo version with all the girls singing on the background (her friends). An actual celebration and her getting over her sad vibes for good. Sounds literally the closing track after this journey.

12. When the Party’s Over - Now the sun is up and that’s when she realizes that maybe going out wasn’t the best idea but **** it.

13. LOL - the bonus track, the morning after the night, the “post credits” song… when she realizes her worth and it’s now good on her own with her girls there for her.

In my head this made sense and she’s going through all the phases of a messy night out: overconfidence, hookups, sadness, friendships and regrets. :emofish:

This album is excellent and has zero skips. Does it have lyrical depth? No, but it’s simple, carefree, feel good summer pop music done well. For me, this album reminds me of Poster Girl and Anne-Marie’s therapy albums, with ALN… being the strongest of the three 

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

this is so much better holy ****

the production is 2x better

I think it’s missing a big, final chorus around the 2:35 mark but even without that, it’s sooooo much better

Not RAYE being her Ashanti......Animal slaps though.

19 hours ago, touch said:

The solo version of Let Love Go is HERE! :alexz:

melhor versão de longeeeeeeeee

6 hours ago, Better Mistakes said:

This album is excellent and has zero skips. Does it have lyrical depth? No, but it’s simple, carefree, feel good summer pop music done well. For me, this album reminds me of Poster Girl and Anne-Marie’s therapy albums, with ALN… being the strongest of the three 

this tbh except deal or no deal

High Expectations >>>>

ALN isn't bad, but average and could be better. It's however more cohesive than High Expectations (which had more stronger songs). 

LOL is laughingly bad, it's like Polydor deliberately want her to flop with these stupid single choices :rip: 

What was the Spotify first day?

38 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

What was the Spotify first day?

Screenshot-2022-07-16-at-16-47-50.png

Dunno how up to date they are or accurate but here's a general look. Open the image full screen

Edited by Better Mistakes

45 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

Dunno how up to date they are or accurate but here's a general look. Open the image full screen

These are Thursday numbers 

1 hour ago, Better Mistakes said:

:rip:

Help!! 

does anyone know how can i purchase the signed coloured vinyl if you dont live in the UK?

its the only thing that inreally want

thank youuuu

2 hours ago, Better Mistakes said:

Her 'The Kick' :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

Her 'The Kick' :clap3: 

:rip: 

This is such an excelent album. It’s bop after bop, no skips. I know it lacks depth and could be tagged as generic, but it’s incredibly well produced. I will come to it more than I thought.

calvin harris is the name to be dealt with if this news is not false. time to hold mnek, jax, raye in the back and ready for serious artist development training/writing comp, ah i have a sweet dream she is not going anywhere else soon. 

FE7CFDC3-6F91-4733-80D2-A5A2C35EC6BE.thu

reason she got album out i believe because of physical/vinyl prints, flop streaming but winning in sales. top 10 in reach.

i like it!