Ethel Cain - 'Preacher's Daughter'

VENUSWAVE

This album is insane. 

I can't at people asking for more American Teenager when the whole project is full of masterpieces :deadbanana4:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• thatsmydemi

• mellenthin

• brooklyndaddy

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

This album is insane. 

I can't at people asking for more American Teenager when the whole project is full of masterpieces :deadbanana4:

HONESTLY.

Insane is the best way to describe this and American Teenager is like the "single/playlist" song on the album. Gibson Girl is far more impressive.

Holy **** this album is insane. Don’t even know how to describe my feelings at the moment. Just wow.

So excited to listen to this. Reminds me of a Lana album in how extravagant the song lengths are. Strangers and Gibson Girl have been on repeat. Not totally in love with American Teenager, though.

Oh god I'm not ready to play this album. Literally my most anticipated release of the year :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

So excited to listen to this. Reminds me of a Lana album in how extravagant the song lengths are. Strangers and Gibson Girl have been on repeat. Not totally in love with American Teenager, though.

the album is more in the line of strangers and GG so don't worry :heart2: 

It's a shame she only has support from online publications because American Teenager could easily be pushed on alt radio. 

That third song… what in the ****?! I have been CHANGED :weeps: 

19 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

the album is more in the line of strangers and GG so don't worry :heart2: 

Yessss. This is amazing to hear. :heart2:

It took me a while to get into her but I did and now I'm OBSESSED :jonny: very perched for the album tonight after the great reviews

3 minutes ago, Track10 said:

Do any of the songs from this album top her masterpiece Inbred (song)?

That was my favourite song prior to listening to this album. I would say a lot of the songs top it but few of them are as intense and immediate as it. 

American Teenager has been on my rotation a lot lately, and I've been really into all the singles so far, so I'm super excited to see what she's cooked up

4 tracks in and every track has been a 10/10 so far WOW. The lyrics are so vivid and poignant, yet do not sound pretentious at all. I was a little worried as i’d assumed it will probably be an “inaccessible” album, but the melodies, lyrics and production on this album are simply gorgeous

Ptolemaea and Strangers genuinely creeped me out with their allusion to 

Spoiler

Cannibalism

Holy crap, this really is AOTY material

Edited by AnonnonA

Wtf… Ptolemaea is deeply disturbing. Did she just invite something into my house?

25 minutes ago, Track10 said:

Wtf… Ptolemaea is deeply disturbing. Did she just invite something into my house?

This, I’m listening on headphones in the dark and it had me paralyzed :rip: Genuinely very scary.

This album is actually incredible.

This album is gigantic, beautiful, devastating, and even very disturbing at some points (I should not have listened to Ptolomaea alone in the dark :rip:). It’s going to take a minute to digest.

Great album, I just wish she would've tracks 9, 10 and 11 weren't all together cause they kinda ruin the flow of the album.