• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• thatsmydemi

• mellenthin

• brooklyndaddy

y’all need to get into her unreleased too bc it’s just as good, listen to these: 

any other suggestions? I need to sit and go through all her unreleased at some point, it’s SO good what I’ve heard so far

what? another trans girl making money for Luke? legit what are the odds :deadbanana4:

Oh wow, I didn't know she was trans.

Anyway, American Teenager is great, my second fav of hers after MP. 

I'm obsessed with her.

Strangers is SOTY. 

This album is going to be outstanding. 

Glad I'm not the only one surprised she's trans :fan: Gibson Girl was good but Strangers and American Teenager are just so amazing

american teenager!!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/21/2022 at 10:04 PM, May said:

y’all need to get into her unreleased too bc it’s just as good, listen to these: 

any other suggestions? I need to sit and go through all her unreleased at some point, it’s SO good what I’ve heard so far

Taste! Love those esp Crying During Sex. She literally doesn’t have a bad song, like especially all of her unreleased material. Here’s some of my favs that I would suggest;

Spoiler

Western Nights - this is from the White Silas era but will be on Preacher’s Daughter. One of her best.

Ad Nauseam

Selby Wall

A Portrait of My Love on Her Knees

Age of Delilah

Room 209

78fahrenheit

Independence Day

I tried getting into her but wasn't super impressed or in love with the vocals (production)? Def gonna give ha another try cuz I see a few of you in here hyping her up :alexz:

3 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I tried getting into her but wasn't super impressed or in love with the vocals (production)? Def gonna give ha another try cuz I see a few of you in here hyping her up :alexz:

I feel the same way. Her music feels very overproduced to me a lot of the time. But I'm definitely going to keep listening and try to get into her. She gives me Gen Z Sky vibes. 

4 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

listen to american teenager and bop your life away

American Teenager is like if Taylor went even harder into blending indie and pop sounds

Gibson Girl is still so stunning, I haven’t taken it out of my rotation since it dropped

27 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

American Teenager is like if Taylor went even harder into blending indie and pop sounds

This is soo true. I've seen many people say it reminded them of Lord and I can hear it too. It's so stunning. :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

This is soo true. I've seen many people say it reminded them of Lord and I can hear it too. It's so stunning. :jonnycat:

I almost didn’t want to sound too obvious saying it above other potential references, but melodically it’s so Swiftian, especially the second verse. “It’s just not my year, but I’m all good out here” sounds like it could have been a Speak Now lyric.

11 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

8 hours ago, On The Bound said:

I feel the same way. Her music feels very overproduced to me a lot of the time. But I'm definitely going to keep listening and try to get into her. She gives me Gen Z Sky vibes. 

The overproduced sound is definitely an intentional choice and it’s not to everyone’s tastes so don’t worry if u don’t like it . She does have AMAZING songs which don’t have that overproduced sound though, listen to Vacancy or Two Children in a Motel :) *farts cutely then eats it*

Her music is so haunting, i definitely get Lana x. Paula Cole vibes.

Edited by goldstargay

9 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

2 hours ago, May said:

The overproduced sound is definitely an intentional choice and it’s not to everyone’s tastes so don’t worry if u don’t like it . She does have AMAZING songs which don’t have that overproduced sound though, listen to Vacancy or Two Children in a Motel :) *farts cutely then eats it*

Ty for the recos! Def giving ha another try

10 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

OK I really do love it; it's just the reverb is so, so excessive. It totally takes away from everything else :deadbanana2:

Why is Dr Luke being mentioned? Is it because of Lil Aaron or did he produce something for the album?

excited for this one!