• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• thatsmydemi

• mellenthin

• brooklyndaddy

The music is fantastic, her voice is beautiful, and I love her vibe. But I can relate to way too much of the heavy stuff though, so idk how much I’ll be able to listen to it. Such a strong body of work though! 

God I hope she announced a vinyl soon. :jonnycat:

6 hours ago, justin. said:

The music is fantastic, her voice is beautiful, and I love her vibe. But I can relate to way too much of the heavy stuff though, so idk how much I’ll be able to listen to it. Such a strong body of work though! 

This is exactly how I feel. This was an extremely uncomfortable listen, even though it’s very good.

12 hours ago, Seiko Oomori said:

the luke scalping :bibliahh: god i love her sm already

There’s still Kesha stans that think this isn’t enough and will attack her for "co-signing rape". :deadbanana2:

I had the most ethereal experience listening to this for the first time last night. :jonny: 

The soundscape is heavenly. Had goosebumps all throughout.

I just want to drown in it. Couldn't wait to get home today to get to listen to it again and again.

Edited by mellenthin

Strangers has to be the best song ever recorded. Only song not clicking with me still is Western Nights (which is still like a 8/10)

Pitchfork gave Leikeli47's new album a 8.0 and did not give it BNM :jonnycat: she's coming for 8.0+ acclaim, I'm predicting an 8.4-8.7

I just listened to Inbred (the song) and I have no words. I want to cry. That was SO good. ******* chills. :jonny: 

10 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

God I hope she announced a vinyl soon. :jonnycat:

I read apparently she's not doing a vinyl for this album due to the difficulty of securing a vinyl record plant contract as an independent artist without distributors

6 hours ago, Daddy said:

There’s still Kesha stans that think this isn’t enough and will attack her for "co-signing rape". :deadbanana2:

Ddd like i'm a huge kesha supporter and i find a lot of issue with ppl like kim and stuff but at this point are we really gonna bully a struggling independent transfemme artist who was offered what was prob the publishing deal of her dreams? Unfortunately, it was all these other girls who helped revive his career and now he occupies a position of power in the industry again and when you're just looking to get your career off of the ground what are you gonna do? like she's not doja leave her alone, like i heard also she posted pro kesha stuff on discord? 

1 hour ago, Seiko Oomori said:

I read apparently she's not doing a vinyl for this album due to the difficulty of securing a vinyl record plant contract as an independent artist without distributors

If Adele is allowed to print as many copies of her **** album as she did, Ethel should be able to print some too. Hate the music industry.

7 hours ago, mellenthin said:

I just listened to Inbred (the song) and I have no words. I want to cry. That was SO good. ******* chills. :jonny: 

Her best pre-Preacher's Daughter song imo :jonnycat: its ******* insane :jonny5:

8 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Strangers has to be the best song ever recorded. Only song not clicking with me still is Western Nights (which is still like a 8/10)

This is exactly how I feel. :lmao:

Obsessed with this album.

8 hours ago, mellenthin said:

Same, that belt at the end literally shot me out of my body when I first heard it.

1 hour ago, Track10 said:

Same, that belt at the end literally shot me out of my body when I first heard it.

It is literally the most exciting moment of music I’ve heard in the last 5 years

6.4 :skull: I don't think the album is a masterpiece and I gave it a 3.5 on RYM (it's not far from a 4, though) but that is really low for this album. The review is mad she didn't put more bops on the album and whilst I love AT I don't think that's a valid complaint, just because it's not the album they (or honestly I) wanted doesn't mean it isn't good at what it is.

I hope Evan Rytlewski is having a very bad day!

I mean, American Teenager was a total one-off, hence why it wasn't the lead single, I assume. But how can you look past A House in Nebraska, Sun-Bleached Flies, STRANGERS?! It's been weird enough seeing people try to draw parallels to Taylor when she's clearly been nothing but witchy alternative

They're really on one this week... Florence 7.1, Kendrick 7.6 and now this has a 6.4? Literally only 0.3 higher than The Chainsmokers' 6.1  :deadbanana4:

HUH… HUH I am genuinely speechless and horrified at that score 

like it’s not even justifiable in any way shape or form

Not them giving Peppa Pig a 6.5 and this a 6.4… genuinely not interested in reading their reviews ever again. It feels like the early 2000s when they would trash anything slightly reminiscent of another artist