Carrie Underwood - ‘Denim and Rhinestones’

HEAVYONIT

This is the first Carrie Underwood album where I'm not feeling it. All of the songs are plain. The only ones that stand out are Faster and the promo singles. It all just blurs together as average listening. Disappointing album.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gagacasanova

• getback

• Tylerbv

• Rylary

8 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

It makes me lol every time I see someone reference it :rip: 

It's got me going like "please stop" :rip:

I've given the album a few more listens and its starting to grow on me. It's still not her strongest album by any means but its listenable.

My current ranking

Spoiler

1. Denim & Rhinestones:1stplace:

2. Poor Everybody Else:2ndplace:

3. Crazy Angels:3rdplace:

4. Faster

5. Pink Champagne

6. Ghost Story

7. She Don't Know

8. Wanted Woman

9. Hate My Heart

10. Velvet Heartbreak

11. Burn

12. Garden

Although I do miss the overdramatic songs like So Small, I Know You Won't, Just a Dream etc., it is nice to have an easy to sing along to album for once. Plus I think the critics will like this better since they usually ding her for her bombastic production.

...on that note - how come no one has reviewed the album? :rip: It's not even on Metacritic yet.

How lovely is Faster?!...she doesn't do them often but when she does she really does beautiful ballads.

6 hours ago, SoulfulWings said:

This is the first Carrie Underwood album where I'm not feeling it. All of the songs are plain. The only ones that stand out are Faster and the promo singles. It all just blurs together as average listening. Disappointing album.

Same, its very mediocre. Last three songs are good and I wanted to play them again but then got tired of it. 

It's terrible... wth happened to her?

Ohh my Carrie :dancehall: This album lacks those big gems that every Carrie album has, what a disappointment, very boring :sosad:

I’m sorry but this is by a mile her worst album :rip:

I love this album, Miss Carrie NEVER disappoints

not the hoes here lacking taste and claiming this is her worst album :rip: 

Wanted Woman and Faster >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 90% of music released this year

3 hours ago, getback said:

Wanted Woman and Faster >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 90% of music released this year

:siptea:

4 hours ago, getback said:

Neither would be close to top tier in her other albums please :rip: 

40 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Neither would be close to top tier in her other albums please :rip: 

both of them are among her best songs ever. Wanted Woman is easily top 10

Even though the album is only 38 minutes I kept checking my phone during my listen to see if it was close to being over :rip:

Ghost Story is getting sent to Hot AC & Pop radio on July 12th.

This album isn’t bad but something about it just doesn’t interest me. It just comes out sounding like a lot of the same content she’s done in the past but with a different production. Hopefully after a few more listens there are at least a few songs I end up loving.

But it’s just sad to me since she was one of my favorite artists of all time, I’ve loved her since Play On, and I loved seeing her from the pit on the Cry Pretty tour. And I now I just feel like I’ve lost so much interest in her since then. 

41 minutes ago, Mezik said:

Wow, that's a nice surprise. She never send anything to Pop radio and she had multiple hits that could have done well on Pop radio ("Blown Away" for example). I wish it was another song from the album but that's better than nothing.

What’s crazy is none of the songs feel short on this album. Despite the majority being right around the 3 minute mark, they all they feel pretty fleshed out and complete.

Regardless of your opinion of this album, you have to admit other artist can take note on how to make a 2:30-3:10 song still feel like it’s not missing anything with well thought out lyrics, etc.

I always enjoyed Carrie’s releases..this one just lackes somenthing. Even tho I am saying this after listening just once, I only really liked Faster (aside ghost story and the promo singes minus She Don’t Know)..

Whilst i do agree that this may not be her best album ever, this is definitely not her worst one ever. It does have quite a few gems and overall the album is meant to be fun, dont think she wrote it with the idea of it being the best stuff she's ever going to release in terms of content. You have to admit, lyrically this album is really good, the way she writes some of the stuff along with the other writers, is just genius. You can clearly here it in Poor Everyone Else, She Don't know and Ghost Story, to name a few. 

Think she did brilliantly for what she set out to do. CP and BA will still remain her best albums. 

Am I the only one that loves this album? :deadbanana2: To me it’s her best since Carnival Ride and it’s in her top 3

11 hours ago, Mezik said:

Mess not her choosing this song as a crossover hit :skull:

It's over

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.