Ava Max - "Maybe You’re the Problem"

Supervillain

This song is getting incredible promo compared to everything she’s released in her career so far. No TTH but it’s fully impacting us pop radio and hot ac in its first week which means Atlantic intends for this to be a proper instant smash and not a other MH&MH OR K&Q where they wait months to see if people like it before deciding to promo or not. :mandown:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• SalvoPK

• Nefertiti0

• TakeYouToHell

1 hour ago, Psycho said:

Kings & Queens

Partial Day: 55k plays

1st Day: 735k plays

EveryTime I Cry

Partial Day – 109k plays

1st Day — 242k plays

It really depends on how good the playlisting is. Let's hope it's closer to K&Q :)

Thank you for the receipts.

Kings & Queens turned to be one of her biggest hits even with with a worse partial day. :clap3:

2 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

It’s weird that she has been able to get a few notable hits on streaming and hasn’t really amassed a decent loyal fanbase. Does she have plans to tour this era?

Its because she never made a tour in almost 4 years of career. :chick3:

This is very good. Almost too good for the public, like it's a straight up good song instead of having meme moments.

I really like it. I just don't see myself coming back to it because it's Ava. I'm not a fan at all of her. Hopefully I'll change my mind cause it bops

normally i dont like her music, but this is really it :jonny:

the video is so good too

This is a great song, if this doesn’t smash idk what could :clap3:

This is great. Pop songs that are finally over three minutes long, we stan! And there’s a bridge!

Wait does she say “your short fuse just like a tampon” :rip:

9 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Timebomb :rip:

We shouldn't worry about the partial day. Ava has always been a slow burner, and, even when she was technically an independent (Artist Partner Group), they have never blown budget on playlisting (Warner has enough due on that account) or music videos, a dying medium. It will be a hit in Ava fashion--moderate peaks, big streams and high profit margin. It's the formula for sustained success!

Edited by Stunnah
punctuation, new sentence

36 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

gurl :skull:

47 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I thought she was saying Tampon too. Lmfao

The Motto is a banger, I like this one too but I feel like this will pull EveryTime I Cry numbers at best… imo the chorus is too fast and it‘s almost unbearable to listen to it on repeat. Still a bop and great song:heart:

Ever since she’s teased the instrumental I’ve been waiting and this is an absolute bop :gaycatina1:

3 hours ago, aaloneava said:

This song is getting incredible promo compared to everything she’s released in her career so far. No TTH but it’s fully impacting us pop radio and hot ac in its first week which means Atlantic intends for this to be a proper instant smash and not a other MH&MH OR K&Q where they wait months to see if people like it before deciding to promo or not. :mandown:

It's pretty sad that this is something exciting in the 2022 pop music climate. :toofunny3: This should be typical of a lead single—if the label have decided this is "the one" to lead the era, so they should invest in it being an instant hit. How times have changed since the 2010s and before where this is a good sign and not just standard practice. :weeps:

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

We— I know Ms. Max died her hair red but chile.

41 minutes ago, Shaner69 said:

I thought she was saying Tampon too. Lmfao

Glad I’m not the only one. I knew it couldn’t be that and I kept listening closely to try to catch what she was saying. But I couldn’t so I had to Google the lyrics.  

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

It's pretty sad that this is something exciting in the 2022 pop music climate. :toofunny3: This should be typical of a lead single—if the label have decided this is "the one" to lead the era, so they should invest in it being an instant hit. How times have changed since the 2010s and before where this is a good sign and not just standard practice. :weeps:

We— I know Ms. Max died her hair red but chile.

:wanda:

Not 430k views ffffff

This is a bop, it could be a radio hit, if it comes up I wouldn't change it.

I can't get over how this is her best song and how her discography is full of 10/10s... wow

Kylie Jenner

I usually hate her but maybe my ears were the problem :jonny3:

5 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

Glad I’m not the only one. I knew it couldn’t be that and I kept listening closely to try to catch what she was saying. But I couldn’t so I had to Google the lyrics.  

I keep hearing Tampon every time I listen to it now lol.  It's basically because that is initially what I thought it was omg haha. 

Same thing happened to me when I first heard Dua Lipa's  "Cool".  I thought it was "I guess I'm ready for this all"... When it's actually "I guess I'm ready for the Summer" 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.