Avril Lavigne - ‘Love Sux’

Blankspace2010

6 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Backstreet Boys, Demi Lavabo, Ariana Grande (but she canceled), John Legend, David Beckam,.....

I love his latest album! :alexz:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ampersand13

• Ivan_brit

• KKKIMO92

1 minute ago, Cutthroat said:

The Sk8er Boi movie could be cute, but nobody asked for that. I wish she was one of those artists that just released material really fast. I don’t know why she sits on it for ages or does what she did with Love Sux and just not release it at all. 

She should have released Love Sux the way she did and then a few months later released a digital-only album that contained leftover tracks. She could have even bundled it with the original album and called it “Love Sux: Tour Edition” or something. 

I still don’t get why her ‘favourite’ songs from that era are nowhere to be found. Considering she’s ‘in control’ now, the track list for Love Sux really makes no sense. :gaycat6:

She thinks we want collabs with “hip” new artists :clown:

3 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

She thinks we want collabs with “hip” new artists :clown:

The Mark Hoppus collaboration made so much sense to me, but MGK and blackbear were so random. I don’t dislike the songs they’re on, but if she was still signed to RCA I’d have assumed they forced her to work with them. The fact she willingly chose to make songs with them is… :gaycat6:

Edited by Cutthroat

33 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

The Mark Hoppus collaboration made so much sense to me, but MGK and blackbear were so random. I don’t dislike the songs they’re on, but if she was still signed to RCA I’d have assumed they forced her to work with them. The fact she willingly chose to make songs with them is… :gaycat6:

It’s not all about commercial when she goes indie. They are her friends and she is in the stage of enjoying life and work with her friends than big producers, so I understand her choice. 

1 minute ago, KKKIMO92 said:

It’s not all about commercial when she goes indie. They are her friends and she is in the stage of enjoying life and work with her friends than big producers, so I understand her choice. 

I don’t care about commercial success lol. I just think MKG and blackbear are incredibly random to throw on an album and it felt like her way to be ‘modern’ and catch the attention of Gen Z. It just didn’t feel authentic to me. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

I think that’s it.

Honestly the other anniversaries are kinda pointless. Who the hell wants to wait 9 more years for GL’s scrapped tracks?

As I said the other day, I wish she’d re-release the first 5 albums as part of the 20th anniversary celebrations.

Under My Skin and self-titled in particular would benefit a lot from a re-release since their streaming stats are a bit meh compared to LG, TBDT and GL.

Literally me. You really aren't interested in hearing GL's scrapped tracks? Even if it takes 9 years, I don't care that album has her best vocals, she was in her prime and I would wait the rest of my life to hear more material from that era. But I also feel the same way about self-titled.

I'm sure Twist of Fate is great from TBDT, and Daydream would be amazing to have from UMS, but GL would definitely be my pick in terms of unreleased sessions/demos. Alas, it'll never happen :weeps:

13 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Literally me. You really aren't interested in hearing GL's scrapped tracks? Even if it takes 9 years, I don't care that album has her best vocals, she was in her prime and I would wait the rest of my life to hear more material from that era. But I also feel the same way about self-titled.

I'm sure Twist of Fate is great from TBDT, and Daydream would be amazing to have from UMS, but GL would definitely be my pick in terms of unreleased sessions/demos. Alas, it'll never happen :weeps:

I’m interested in GL’s scrapped tracks, I just don’t wanna wait 9 years :rip:

Like a ticking time bomb I’m about to EXPLODEEEEEEEEEEEEE MOTHER FUCKERS LETS GO

:jonny: 

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

I’m interested in GL’s scrapped tracks, I just don’t wanna wait 9 years :rip:

Tea, we've waited 11 years already, what's 9 more :toofunny2: lettuce pray she'll throw us that bone eventually

In the mean time, I have to say I'm falling in love with this record all over again. After putting the brakes on listening as avidly as I was upon release, I'm returning a lot to Bite Me, Love Sux, Kiss Me, Avalanche, FU, Dare To Love Me, Cannonball and Break of a Heartache :jamming:

That being said Deja Vu, All I Wanted, and Love It When You Hate Me have probably gone down significantly in my ranking/overall enjoyment which is weird because I stanned those songs when this was first released 

2 hours ago, Cutthroat said:

I don’t care about commercial success lol. I just think MKG and blackbear are incredibly random to throw on an album and it felt like her way to be ‘modern’ and catch the attention of Gen Z. It just didn’t feel authentic to me. 

Yeah, if she wants try to stay modern, she would collab with Calvin Harris and more for a dance record in the early 2010s. My guess would be Travis introduce these friends to her as his way to push her record and Avril had fun and said yes to the song(and opening for MGK), drunk queen confirmed

3 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

So BSB, a bunch of nobodies and a soccer player? Avril could definitely play a show there then.

Not you consider John Legend is a nobody :rip: . And Ariana :rip: 

3 hours ago, Cutthroat said:

It's not like many people will want to work with her at this stage of her career :eli: . And MGK and blackbear seem to be close to Travis Barker so might be that's why. It's not really random. They were there for a reason :eli: 

2 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Not you consider John Legend is a nobody :rip: . And Ariana :rip: 

considering his last 3 albums peaked at #14, #22 and #19 in the US and performed even worse in other countries... :rip:

and Ariana canceled so she didn't go there

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

It's not like many people will want to work with her at this stage of her career :eli: . And MGK and blackbear seem to be close to Travis Barker so might be that's why. It's not really random. They were there for a reason :eli: 

I think a lot of people would want to work with Miss Lavigne if given the opportunity. :gaycat5:

7810-FD89-4317-4-C87-9-E04-DDFBCE400150.

I forgot how much I liked this song. :jamming:

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

considering his last 3 albums peaked at #14, #22 and #19 in the US and performed even worse in other countries... :rip:

and Ariana canceled so she didn't go there

yeah, she canceled because of the demand for ha tho. Not because she didn't want to :eli: . Ariana is not very well-known here post Thank You, Next era. 

7 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

I think a lot of people would want to work with Miss Lavigne if given the opportunity. :gaycat5:

Sure. Just not the relevant ones :eli: 

38 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Sure. Just not the relevant ones :eli: 

I couldn’t see Billie, Olivia and Taylor Swift turning down a collab. You’ve got to remember that Avril inspired a lot of these girlies. I just don’t think Avril really approaches many people for that type of stuff. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Cutthroat said:

This tea. Her celebrity status is elevated, and I’d be more than happy to get an Eyelash or Rodrigo collab :sistrens:

2 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

This tea. Her celebrity status is elevated, and I’d be more than happy to get an Eyelash or Rodrigo collab :sistrens:

I don’t think some people realise just how influential Avril actually was. That doesn’t just go away. She doesn’t need a ‘hit’ song in this day and age to still be remembered as a legend. :gaycat1:

Twitter saying this new photos are from the Deluxe edition ?? :gaycat3:

4 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Twitter saying this new photos are from the Deluxe edition ?? :gaycat3:

C’est La Vie

Californyeah

Marks Song

Are the new titles 

9 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

C’est La Vie

Californyeah

Marks Song

Are the new titles