Avril Lavigne - ‘Love Sux’

Blankspace2010

1 hour ago, Cefh said:

Well the only big venue in Asia so far is the Philippines one and I don't even know if she'll do full capacity

That Nagoya venue is literally in an airport :rip:

That Philippines show sold out so quick, I’m sure it’s the full capacity. Her dates in Hong Kong and Taiwan should be soon announced. It’s just Asia has much tighter rules against COVID and makes it hard to tour.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ampersand13

• Ivan_brit

• KKKIMO92

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

but she’s gonna play to ~21K people in the Tokyo area :clap3: and the venues in Nagoya and Osaka are fine too

It’s an exposition center, it makes sense to be close to an airport lol

what? The venue in Tokyo is that big? How about the venue in Philippines? What is its capacity? 

Can you flops tell me what the demographics look like at her Canadian shows?

Is there a good mix of Taylor-aged Millennials and Olivia-aged Gen-Zers in the crowds?

No one at Bandaids had an answer for me.

Since she's a cross-generational queen, I figured her fanbase spans from teenagers to soccer moms lol.

Edited by HBK-79

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

what? The venue in Tokyo is that big? How about the venue in Philippines? What is its capacity? 

Tokyo venue is 8K, Philippines is 10k. The other Japan dates are all around 10k or more. She is truly doing full arena tour in Asia as always.

I’m still not over how good this album is. I need those deluxe tracks already. :WAP:

2 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

Tokyo Metropolitan Area

2x Tokyo Garden Theater = 2x 8K = 16K

1x Pacifico Yokohama = 5K

Philippines

Araneta Coliseum = 9,679 for concerts

She used to have a stadium tour in Japan, right? Like 2 night stadium shows in Tokyo with 45k attendant each? 

4 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

She used to have a stadium tour in Japan, right? Like 2 night stadium shows in Tokyo with 45k attendant each? 

No. She only played the Tokyo Dome once, during TBDT

2 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Pretty sure she only did the Tokyo Dome once with The Best Damn Tour and all her other shows being arenas.

oh. But the capacity was 45k right?

5 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

oh. But the capacity was 45k right?

the usual capacity of the venue is 45-55K, yes

Deja Vu is still my fav - so satisfying when you sing it with someone in mind haha. She snapped, honestly

49 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

the usual capacity of the venue is 45-55K, yes

Why on earth she couldn't reach $100M threshold back then. ***** has 100 shows and most of each has the capacity of 15-20k people :rip: 

Where are the Latin dates??? It’s getting weird just announce it!! Mexico, Colombia, Chile & Argentina are waiting 

31 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Why on earth she couldn't reach $100M threshold back then. ***** has 100 shows and most of each has the capacity of 15-20k people :rip: 

who the hell grossed $100M back then? Madonna with sky-high ticket prices and Britney with 2 US legs?

Avril's tickets have always been relatively affordable and she struggled a bit in Europe and the US, which are precisely the best touring markets in terms of $$$. Plus she didn't even go to Australia or Latin America

and most shows were not in front of 15-20k people :rip:

37 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Where are the Latin dates??? It’s getting weird just announce it!! Mexico, Colombia, Chile & Argentina are waiting 

you guys didn't buy Girlfriend (Spanish Version) so no shows for you

5 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

who the hell grossed $100M back then? Madonna with sky-high ticket prices and Britney with 2 US legs?

Avril's tickets have always been relatively affordable and she struggled a bit in Europe and the US, which are precisely the best touring markets in terms of $$$. Plus she didn't even go to Australia or Latin America

But she didn't struggle in Europe??? She sold out most shows there

2 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

But she didn't struggle in Europe??? She sold out most shows there

we only have the boxscores of the UK shows and only 3/8 shows were sold out, all under 5K people.

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

wait, but didn't The Bonez Tour grossed like $105M and TBDTour around $90M? :deadbanana2:

I remember seeing something like this on UkMix a few years ago

7 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

That Philippines show sold out so quick, I’m sure it’s the full capacity. Her dates in Hong Kong and Taiwan should be soon announced. It’s just Asia has much tighter rules against COVID and makes it hard to tour.

yeah, so bad she won't be able to perform in China this time (maybe even HK too)

Still she could easily make a big tour in the whole Asia like she's doing in Canada rn, it would be huge for her. The good sis just doesn't care :coffee2:

7 minutes ago, Cefh said:

wait, but didn't The Bonez Tour grossed like $105M and TBDTour around $90M? :deadbanana2:

I remember seeing something like this on UkMix a few years ago

:toofunny2: in 2004 Madonna (with her p*rnographic ticket prices) “only” grossed $125M

Avalanche cross 4 million at Spotify!!! :clap3: what is she waiting for to perfrom it live

If she hasn’t added Avalanche to her set list by the time she comes to Manchester next year I’m throwing my shoe on stage and I always aim for the head. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

:toofunny2: in 2004 Madonna (with her p*rnographic ticket prices) “only” grossed $125M

I'm shocked :deadbanana2: maybe it was adjusted due inflation? idk it seemed so reliable and it was like a megathread with all pop girls

1 hour ago, Cefh said:

I'm shocked :deadbanana2: maybe it was adjusted due inflation? idk it seemed so reliable and it was like a megathread with all pop girls

No doubt Bonez is her biggest tour. She can tour big arenas with full capacity and some stadiums too. Even the price is low, the high attendance makes up the difference. TBDT is doing poorly in the US first leg and is saved by its performance in Asia, she truly should tour Australia with TBDT and that will make some more coins.