Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ukraine wins! 2. UK, 3. Spain, 4. Sweden, 5. Serbia

Queen Conchita

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Konstrakta is serving Gaga's Oscars level of campaigning :rip:

I'm so over that song and its gimmick. 

Serbia has their best chances for a top 5 finish this year than they’ve had for 10 years, let them campaign 

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BOOM!

• ZIVERT

• illia

• Konril

Top Posters In This Topic

People comparing Spain to any recent popgirl entry :rip: Have you seen the full performance? Her stage presence and dancing are on another level, there's no way this is gonna flop

tiffany-pollard-chuckle.gif

1 minute ago, JennyWayne said:

Professional juries will eat Switzerland up I fear. I can see it finishing top 5 with the juries and 14th/15th with the televote and sneaking through in 9th/10th, although this + Iceland are my least certain qualifiers imo.

I hope tonight's performances will tip the scales in favor of Iceland and Lithuania. I can see them getting general praise from the critics + some scattered votes from the televote. Does the jury vote in the semi finals or is it just televotes?

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

People comparing Spain to any recent popgirl entry :rip: Have you seen the full performance? Her stage presence and dancing are on another level, there's no way this is gonna flop

I don’t think Spain will flop, but Chanel’s song and performance aren’t quite to the same level as Eleni and Fuego and Fuego still struggled in the jury vote in comparison to other songs that year.  

Just now, khalyan said:

I don’t think Spain will flop, but Chanel’s song and performance aren’t quite to the same level as Eleni and Fuego and Fuego still struggled in the jury vote in comparison to other songs that year.  

Chanel is much better imo, Eleni only did hairflips but we'll see...

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

You are right, it's not on the same level. It's much better and more demanding than Fuego in every way.

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

I hope tonight's performances will tip the scales in favor of Iceland and Lithuania. I can see them getting general praise from the critics + some scattered votes from the televote. Does the jury vote in the semi finals or is it just televotes?

Both semi finals and final are 50% jury 50% televote. The jury voted yesterday during the jury show. Tonight will be televote only.

Just now, JennyWayne said:

Both semi finals and final are 50% jury 50% televote. The jury voted yesterday during the jury show. Tonight will be televote only.

Thanks! Am perched already - and the second semi should be even more interesting.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, BOOM! said:

You are right, it's not on the same level. It's much better and more demanding than Fuego in every way.

It’s not even close to Fuego :lmao: 

Fuego, though more simple than Slomo, was insanely proficient and effective. 

Slomo has harder choreo, but it’s a little all over the place and isn’t quite as effective.  

I’m not saying Spain will flop, but I truly can’t imagine Spain doing better with juries than how Eleni did :rip: 

Chanel is eating Eleni up in both choreo and vocals department let's be real, I didn't see Eleni rolling on the floor and then jumping into a vocal run 

7 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Serbia top 5 finish? Is it crack?

I honestly still see this entry getting Telemoveis'd tbh. If this was any other country besides Serbia I would've immediately written it off but Serbia pretty much has 48 points in the bag already from Montenegro + North Macedonia

I still can't get over Serbia sending Konstrakta over her:

I wanted to see this bop on the Eurovision tbh.

not people comparing SloMo to Fuego

Eleni sweetie, I'm so sorry

:flame::flame::flame:

1 minute ago, lovedaddy said:

not people comparing SloMo to Fuego

Eleni sweetie, I'm so sorry

:flame::flame::flame:

I LOVE Eleni and Fuego, like love, love but Chanel is eating her up in both singing and dancing. Song is a personal preference but Chanel's dance break alone stomps on Fuego.

Don't get me wrong, Eleni served, did what she had to do and Fuego deserved the win. Which is part of the reason I'm stanning Spain, it's been too long since My Number One and we need a pop bop girl to win

I love both Fuego and SloMo, but the only thing Fuego has on SloMo is camera work tbh. The way that performance is filmed makes Eleni look like an absolute star, every little movement is impactful. Chanel is the better dancer and singer of the two and I'd say the songs and styling are about equal. The camera work in 2018 was much better than 2022 in general and SloMo already looks pretty good for this year's standards :michael:

Edited by Funhouse

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

I LOVE Eleni and Fuego, like love, love but Chanel is eating her up in both singing and dancing. Song is a personal preference but Chanel's dance break alone stomps on Fuego.

Chanel’s vocals are weaker than Eleni, at least in the leaked jury performance.  Maybe she’ll focus on them tonight more?

ezgif-3-076da7ed0ae2.thumb.gif.16b17a1b2

5 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Chanel’s vocals are weaker than Eleni, at least in the leaked jury performance.  Maybe she’ll focus on them tonight more?

ezgif-3-076da7ed0ae2.thumb.gif.16b17a1b2

Both audio and video are LQ, especially the audio. Not sure how can you judge the vocals from that leak?

She proved herself and her vocals during the last few months. Everything about SloMo is more demanding compared to Fuego.

SloMo is extremely polished both dancing and vocally. The new high notes they added during the final part of the performance just after the dance break are very, very demanding, especially considering that she is dancing her ass off just few seconds before that. I don't remember any of the girls SERVING this kind of performance in recent years and somehow Chanel still gets downplayed... smh.

Edited by BOOM!

• ATRL Moderator

The way some of us just say “we don’t think Spain will flop but it’s weaker than the second best song from a few years ago” yet we get responses like we’re saying it’s an awful Sisters sized flop. :toofunny2:

21 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Her reactions when Konstrakta won were everything

Girl was visibly seething 

37 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

If the Serbs sent Sara Jo, we would’ve gotten endless Sara vs. Chanel fan arguments by now.

Konstrakta being selected is already a win in itself as In Corpore Sano got a lot of attention from international media and not just Serbia alone. Try to imagine that if Sara Jo got selected instead.

Edited by AgentChain

1 hour ago, JennyWayne said:

My qualifier predictions, feel free to clock me if I end up being wrong

?? Albania

?? Latvia

?? Switzerland

?? Ukraine

?? Netherlands

?? Portugal

?? Iceland

?? Greece

?? Norway

?? Armenia

I can't see Armenia qualifying instead of Austria tbh but the rest feels accurate to me. 

I mean I wasn't really referring to Eleni but to people saying Spain will underperform just because almost all the popgirls flopped recently and they also danced a bit... As if Chanel isn't levels above them

Fuego was cute but Eleni was serving Gaga moves during the Born This Way Ball tour while Chanel IS the perfect package.

also Chanel is giving me more Iveta than Eleni anyway

Edited by igninton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.