• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here's my april! twas a good month tbh

GMh_uprXcAErrPU?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

my last 7 days. i've been using Lorde's instrumentals to fall asleep 

collage.jpg

$80 ******* bucks for lastfm pro yearly in Australia 

Like I can't cancel it before lastfm I use daily and I need my edits and custom photos

But omfg aud is disgusting 

I hate that I get so hung up when the "official" tag (i.e., the tag with the most listeners) is different from what's on the physical album or any other sources :priceless:. I just spent an ungodly amount of time checking last.fm for different tag variations of Kylie's Aphrodite Les Folies live album to see which one is "correct":

Spotify / YTAphrodite / Les Folies - Live in London

Amazon / Tidal: Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London

Musicbrainz / AllmusicAphrodite Les Folies: Live in London

Apple / DiscogsAphrodite Les Folies (Live in London)

physicalAphrodite Les Folies [Live in London]

Spoiler

I feel like the physical booklet is always the ultimate source. However, in this case, the square brackets are just too ugly to me dddd, especially on the track titles, so I would prefer to use the colon since it looks the cleanest, but that feels wrong since it's not what's on the booklet or streaming services. The Spotify tag is definitely the ugliest; I hate their style of using hyphens to separate subtitles. Maybe I'm just clinging to the past and need to get over it/embrace the new standard (which I'm still unwilling to do with using straight apostrophes and quote marks over typographical :clown:). 

Over a year ago, I decided I wanted to standardize my music tags so I could stop worrying about things like this and just have a style to default to, the way any of the above online sources do, but I found it made things too confusing and made a mess on last.fm (whoops...), so I undid all of that this year only to find that it's just as difficult to do exactly what's on the booklet because (1) sometimes the "official" tags online are different and (2) sometimes the booklet styles are too ugly with nonstandard subtitle punctation, especially with Japanese releases, like Title [Subtitle], Title -Subtitle-, Title / Subtitle, or even Title "Subtitle" (looking at you, LOVEppears). 

Anyway, I'm probably the only person who worries about this kind of thing because 99.9% of people are using streaming services for everything (and can't change the tags) instead of a mix of streaming + a personal file library like me.

:suburban:

29 minutes ago, eduardolevit said:

omg i just recently rejoined last fm. need some friends there :jonnycat:  https://www.last.fm/user/eduardolevit 

followed you :gaycat1:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danes said:

I have a link to my profile in my sig but most of y'all are probaby on mobile so https://www.last.fm/user/Tamonen

:gaycat1:

10 hours ago, eduardolevit said:

omg i just recently rejoined last fm. need some friends there :jonnycat:  https://www.last.fm/user/eduardolevit 

followed :gaycat4:

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 8:07 PM, eduardolevit said:

Our compatibility is currently "Low," but I see a lot of artists on your profile I do like but haven't gotten around to listening to since I've been back on Last.fm. I'm following you. My Last.fm name is the same as on here, BatsyArmada.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Batsy Armada said:

Our compatibility is currently "Low," but I see a lot of artists on your profile I do like but haven't gotten around to listening to since I've been back on Last.fm. I'm following you. My Last.fm name is the same as on here, BatsyArmada.

yayyyy i followed you and everyone :heart2: and yeah i'm not paying much attention to compatibilities right now there's a ton of artists i have yet to scrobble/listen to :deadbanana4: i tried recovering my old account but i dont have access to my old email :sadviolin: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eduardolevit said:

yayyyy i followed you and everyone :heart2: and yeah i'm not paying much attention to compatibilities right now there's a ton of artists i have yet to scrobble/listen to :deadbanana4: i tried recovering my old account but i dont have access to my old email :sadviolin: 

Thanks. And yeah... I never did like the way Last.fm calculated compatibility anyway. My neighbors on the site are so thrown off, just having a couple of random artists in common with them but ultimately having a much different taste in music. :skull: My old account was just a mess, with incorrect tags and such. I needed a fresh start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.