Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

I think tomorrow (well today since it's after midnight here) is the last IMAX showing of Dune 2 in my area so I just reserved my ticket to see it one more time before I don't have the chance again…

It seems everyone else had the same idea because the screening is more than half sold out even though it's at a random time on a Wednesday :eek:

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekend 5 estimates

Domestic: Despite losing nearly the rest of its IMAX theatres (save for a select few locations) to GxK, Dune has it's best hold yet with $11.1M, -37%. Cruising past $252M with gas still in the tank for a leggy April run. $285M seems likely, $290M+ possible. 

OS: Also a solid hold in the face of a huge OS debut for GxK, -41% for $18.4M. Dune has passed $373M OS. $425-435M seems likely. 

A $30M global 5th wknd, total now over $626M. $700M+ WW is seeming quite certain at this point. 

Edited by BNF91
  • Thanks 1

Ok I didn't like part 1 because nothing really happened, but part 2 despite being long really got me excited about this franchise. I might even try to read the book lol

Austin Butler stole the show for me.

• Like 1

Some entertainment and streaming twitter pages I follow say this is coming to PVOD on 4/2, this Tuesday!!! I can't believe it until I see it. I preordered it on iTunes but that's too damn fast!

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend 6

Domestic- $7.4M (-34%), $265M total

OS- $15.8m (-18%), $400M total

$23M global 6th weekend, $665M total. Final total can now go for $725-740M. 

Should also mention that Dune 2 is getting an IMAX re-release on April 19th for 2 weeks. 

Edited by BNF91

2 hours ago, KFC said:

I wish Feyd made it to the next movie

He was epic... and sexy :allears:

5 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

He was epic... and sexy :allears:

He was underused I wish we could have seen more of him :eli:

On 4/9/2024 at 5:32 AM, BNF91 said:

Should also mention that Dune 2 is getting an IMAX re-release on April 19th for 2 weeks. 

Nice, that should help the movie a lot actually. 

I feel like they should've waited a bit longer to put it out on streaming, maybe till late May-early June

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, LIDDOATIN said:

I have a question about the Spring Tears scene tho

Hide contents

why did Chani slap Paul? did they fool Chani and the others to make them believe that he came back from the dead or it's just Chani being angry for the risk Paul took? I believe it's the latter tho, no?

Spoiler

I think it was just her finally realizing what was going on and that Paul was not the same anymore. 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

The Mahdi is too humble to say He is the Mahdi. Even more reason to know He is!

As written.

Edited by illia
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.