Drag Race France

Ghibli

One of the first guest judges being Jean Paul Gaultier is honestly a GAG. Come through Drag Race France.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• Hector

• publikcitizen

What an iconic first episode :clap3: Those amazing runway looks and THE Jean Paul Gautier as a guest judge :clap3:

Only thing I disagreed with was Lolita Banana only safe,  she should have been in the running to win instead of Big Bertha.

Soa's win is very well deserved,  her performance and runway both slayed :clap3:

The lipsync song being Celine Dion :jonny5: Can't wait to see Alizee and Mylene lipsyncs coming up.  And maybe Desireless' Voyage Voyage? :duca:

Shame Kahena left,  I would have loved to have seen more from her.  Her performance was odd but interesting to watch. And her runway was really good. 

I enjoyed the first episode so muuuuch! A bit bummed by the elimination but that's understandable judging by the LSFYL.

Great first episode! Lolita Banana was robbed though! She’s one of the only few who actually served talent. She shoulda been high over Ellipsis

Those spoilers gorls

Soa is the only one i care for so far, she’s such a STAR

It was a cute first episode.

Dame, Soa and Paloma would be one of greatest top 3s of all time, so let's let that happen!

Kudos to Nicki Dolls, she did a much better job at hosting than Brooklyn.

The cast looks fun even tho the top 3 is kind of Crystal clear: Soa, Big Bertha and either La Grande Dame or the other beauty queen.

Crazy ratings tbh :chick2: No one expected that. It's really unfortunate they won't air the rest of the season on TV 

That was a lovely premiere :heart2:

Very entertaining, the cast is great, and the challenge was fun!

idk If I fully agree with the results though...

The tops were not, who I imagined. Banana especially was robbed and should've been in the top, if not win.

I'm really sad about the elimination, but it was pretty fair... She got DESTROYED in the lipsync.

Kam could've been in the bottom instead of Kahena, but I also understand why it was the way it was.

It's just a shame, cause Kahena seems like a very interesting contestant and I'd rather see what she has than Lova, but oh well :'( 

1 hour ago, playboi said:

Crazy ratings tbh :chick2: No one expected that. It's really unfortunate they won't air the rest of the season on TV 

Is this good? Maybe season 2 will be on TV next year instead of streaming. 

Banana ROBBED.

Randomly decided to watch this, my first international season

Really liked it, the cast is pretty fun. La Big Berta is my fave rn. I think the editing is a bit clunky but given it's only season 1, it's forgivable

These girls are amazing! Rooting for Soa, Lolita, Paloma and Grand Dame. I hope Paloma makes it far because she looks just like Rossy de Palma and I am kind of obsessed.

That was a good episode, they deserved talent and looks.

The elimination was disappointing though.

15 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Is this good? Maybe season 2 will be on TV next year instead of streaming. 

It's not even "good", it is absolutely incredible, no one expected such high numbers. France 2 (the TV channel) must be regretting so bad not putting the following episodes on TV. 

US Drag Race didn't reach 900 000 viewers until the premiere of season 9 :skull:

Edited by D.Va

Really good first episode, I truly enjoyed it!

The cast is amazing and I'm already rooting for a few girls. I'd love to see Soa, Paloma and either Kam or Dame (depending on who does best) in the top 3.

The Talent Show was pretty good. Lolita was 100% robbed, that performance was amazing! I guess production doesn't see it for her, which is sad. Lova, Kahena and Kam were equally bad, Kam being saved for her exquisite looks and mug was understandable. Lova smoked Kahena in that lip sync though, so it is what it is.

Runways were really cool and the gag of getting Jean Paul Gaultier to guest judge... Whew! Soa, Kam and Elips were easily the best dressed. Paloma, Dame and Briocheé had really nice outfits too though.

So far, other than Soa's firecracker personality (she really reminds me of Tayce), I'm most impressed by Paloma. I would've never imagined she'd be good at comedy from her "look queen" aesthetic.

As a French person, it was a bit cringe to listen to them translate stuff Ru would say for years in french...

"Sashay, tu restes." "Shantay, c'est terminé."

I could have done without it!

It was a serious mindfuck to see accents that I recognize in the setting of the show, though! Haha!

The outfits were gorgeous and France didn't disappoint!

I wasn't THAT gagged seeing JPG here because last year I had to watch it for three months judging the french version of Dancing With The Stars (yes...). But at least in this show he had legitimacy criticizing the girls, and it made for a great runway theme!

My main con is Nicky Doll... She is really flat when she's delivering the lines. She needs to stop relying on the teleprompter and be more herself! But it was the first episode, so we'll see how she feels toward the last episode. I have faith in her! (I actually like her personality, she seems relatable)

I'm happy to see so many positive comments from ATRL and other platforms! Let's hope it continues! :sistrens:

• ATRL Moderator

I'm giving this season a try, it's my first non-English season to try and watch

I really like Elips and Paloma. 

I didn't understand the Kam Hugh payola.  The worst talent show outside of Lova's monologue, the narrator edit, being first in the workroom.  I don't get what she brings that's special

Grande Dame is TINY in the confessional she looks 80lbs :rip: 

Soa also reminds me of Tayce. 

La Briochee did excellent I thought

Big Bertha was obsessed with Lolita :rip: 

I do love Lova's old school aesthetic and they obviously won the lip sync so I'm happy they stayed.  Sad for Kahena though, her face reminded me a lot of Icesis and I feel like she would have a lot of potential especially look wise but that lip sync was a mess 

• Like 1

That was cute, so glad the untucked portion was short because those can just drag ooooon. Wish Lolita was in the top!

Really liked the premiere. Honestly its a crass contrast everytime you switch from the regular og franchise to another. The drop in quality overall is crazy. :rip:

Loved the talent show. I felt like I was in my local bar at a drag show. Much more celebratory and authentic. A few of the top performances would definitely have been edited shady af if it was the og franchise. 

Soa is definitely my fav of the bunch, however I didnt really get why she won? nnnn 

HATEEED to see middle eastern representation leave first. A UK season 3 tea. Especially since Arab/Middle Eastern culture is a huge part of France. She lost the lipsync for sure, but I wish Nicky would have saved her from the bottom 2. 

Given the incredible ratings the first episode got, Drag Race France will now be broadcasted on France 2 (a public national television channel)! YAY!

https://www.20minutes.fr/arts-stars/television/3317011-20220628-drag-race-france-france-2-va-finalement-diffuser-tous-episodes

The show will still be broadcasted around midnight though... Let's hope the ratings stay relatively high!

6 hours ago, Tangane said:

Given the incredible ratings the first episode got, Drag Race France will now be broadcasted on France 2 (a public national television channel)! YAY!

https://www.20minutes.fr/arts-stars/television/3317011-20220628-drag-race-france-france-2-va-finalement-diffuser-tous-episodes

The show will still be broadcasted around midnight though... Let's hope the ratings stay relatively high!

I think a S2 is likely now. Hopefully this will let DR France get some upgrade for S2 like Espana did. 

• ATRL Moderator

Nicky looking straight at the camera in the workroom instead of the queens made me scream :ahh: Why did she do that?! It looks so awkward in the wide shots.

I also must not understand French humor because I was LOST during the maxi challenge :psyduck: I don't think Kahena deserved BTM2 at all, and it's sad that someone who looks interesting got eliminated soon over some of the obviously filler queens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.