• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• justin.

• BOOM!

• Jaye

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate free to play games and I can’t really put my finger on why. I think it’s because we all know it ain’t truly “free” once you get caught up in it so I’d rather just pay for a game from the start. Don’t know if that makes sense or if others share the same feelings/thoughts.

Edited by P!nk

1 hour ago, P!nk said:

I really hate free to play games and I can’t really put my finger on why. I think it’s because we all know it ain’t truly “free” once you get caught up in it so I’d rather just pay for a game from the start. Don’t know if that makes sense or if others share the same feelings/thoughts.

It makes sense, but I think that for a game like Overwatch it doesn't make sense to make people pay $60 in order to play it, the game was fun but it was stuck for years without barely any new content. I think going f2p is a good route because it will increase the player base, which will bring more money to Activision and will make them pump more new content in the game more frequently like new heroes, maps, events and stuff like that. 

2 hours ago, P!nk said:

It’s definitely understandable, and the monetization can be predatory (though I’d argue loot boxes are more predatory), but a game being F2P with micro transactions makes more sense when it’s a live game that is continuously updated. I’d rather put money into a company every other month for the battle pass or whenever a really nice skin drops if it means we will get bigger, better, and more frequent updates. If the content slacks off after a few months, then, I will be upset. But so far, I’m not worried. Just my opinion though! 

I just realized we will never again have to play Hanamura or Volskaya Industries in quick play or competitive. :WAP:

56 minutes ago, justin. said:

I just realized we will never again have to play Hanamura or Volskaya Industries in quick play or competitive. :WAP:

Are they taking those maps out??

15 minutes ago, ccfan007 said:

Are they taking those maps out??

They are getting rid of all 2CP maps in quick play and competitive. You can still play them in custom games though.

Paris and Horizon Lunar Colony had been disabled for a long time, but now, you will not encounter Hanamura, Volskaya Industries, or Temple of Anubis in QP/comp. 

1 hour ago, justin. said:

They are getting rid of all 2CP maps in quick play and competitive. You can still play them in custom games though.

Paris and Horizon Lunar Colony had been disabled for a long time, but now, you will not encounter Hanamura, Volskaya Industries, or Temple of Anubis in QP/comp. 

Oh wow, I guess i'm not mad at that tbh.

4 hours ago, justin. said:

Hanamura was one of the best im actually mad at them removing it

36 minutes ago, lander said:

I'm sure you're not alone, but I hated it.  But maybe they will do a 2CP arcade mode or something? 

8 hours ago, justin. said:

oh wow i didn't even realise they weren't available until you pointed it out :deadbanana2:

I didn't mind 2cp. at least aesthetically speaking, i loved temple of anubis. i kinda wish they'd reworked it a little bit into another mode. 

I actually really like Hanamura too and don’t mind Volskaya or Anubis. But to be fair, one team death means you lose point 1. That’s not very fun. I can see why they want to remove 2CP. I do hope they rework these maps but I’m not holding my breath. 

Is anyone else really disappointed by the battle pass content? It seems like a bunch of skins they have teased are not included and will only be available through the store… :biblio:

Wait, so I bought the Overwatch Legendary Edition some years ago, do I have to buy this again? Or can I check it for free?

4 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

Wait, so I bought the Overwatch Legendary Edition some years ago, do I have to buy this again? Or can I check it for free?

Of course since it's now free to play for everybody. Since you bought Overwatch 1, you have access to all heroes, your skins, etc...

New players will have to unlock new heroes. 

42 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Of course since it's now free to play for everybody. Since you bought Overwatch 1, you have access to all heroes, your skins, etc...

New players will have to unlock new heroes. 

Oh, that sounds good! I definitely want to give it a try, even if probably everything has changed since I last played. :deadbanana2:

Can't wait to get nuked in my Oasis Symmetra then.

16 hours ago, lander said:

!!!

the only 2CP maps I actually hate are Paris and Horizon Lunar Colony

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.