The Boys | Season 4 | Episode 5 streaming now | Renewed for 5th and final season

Gossip_Boy

Only on an episode of The Boys will we have somebody being forced to wank in front of their coworkers whilst another person is using a lobotomy as foreplay. 

spacer.png

Another great episode!

• Haha 2

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Buffy

• KFC

• zaso

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

I wonder what happened with Butcher in that bloody scene :eek: Does he have the ability to do that to Homelander??

The fact they kept showing the worm moving under his skin makes me think that it was protecting its host. The wait between episodes is torture. I can't believe we already only have 4 episodes left! 

• Like 1

Ill binge all four seasons when it's completed

17 minutes ago, American Nightmare said:

The fact they kept showing the worm moving under his skin makes me think that it was protecting its host. The wait between episodes is torture. I can't believe we already only have 4 episodes left! 

Protecting or killing him? And what is the worm….. is it a Vought creation or an extraterrestrial alien??? :duca:

5 hours ago, Buffy said:

Protecting or killing him? And what is the worm….. is it a Vought creation or an extraterrestrial alien??? :duca:

I'm almost 100% certain it's protecting him. It was earlier presumed that the worm was killing him, but now we know that he's dying from a mass growth in his brain. In hopes of curing his cancer he injected himself with Compound V. However, he thought that it did nothing and only sped up the process of his death. It seems that Compound V worked and gave Butcher some sort of power in the form of this worm in his body. 

My best guess is that we might get to see a Venom-like storyline considering the parasite's bonding with Butcher. As soon as Butcher was about to be killed, the parasite got activated and killed Ezekiel. This could well be the thing that ultimately kills Homelander. 👀

I like this season so far. But as usual there's a huge divide between storylines and characters I couldn't care less about and storylines I'm really loving. I think that's why I enjoyed Gen V so much more because I really liked all the characters.

I really don't like The Boys at all, Butcher, Hughie, Frechie, Kimono, Starlight. I hate how they never seem to die too despite being mostly human. The only one interesting to me is MM.  

I couldn't care less about Kimiko's and Frenchie's storyline. It's been done and goes nowhere.

Great season so far though.

I really enjoyed this episode. It felt slower paced than the previous ones, but to be fair, even for The Boys standards this season has been batshit crazy, so it was a nice change. The stuff with Hughie's dad was sad, but I wish we had gotten to spend more time with his character as he's been pretty much nonexistent throughout the series run. Simon Pegg also knocked it out of the park with the acting, which annoyed me more, as he was so underused as an actor. I haven't read the comics before so maybe his role isn't supposed to be more than what it was? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why didn't or couldn't Victoria blow up the sheep? Unless I missed it, she just never seemed to try? It was a bit random. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2024 at 6:04 PM, Cottonmouth said:

I like this season so far. But as usual there's a huge divide between storylines and characters I couldn't care less about and storylines I'm really loving. I think that's why I enjoyed Gen V so much more because I really liked all the characters.

I really don't like The Boys at all, Butcher, Hughie, Frechie, Kimono, Starlight. I hate how they never seem to die too despite being mostly human. The only one interesting to me is MM.  

yup… Gen V's characters and storyline is far superior. The Boys is a pretty hollow show. I enjoy both shows for different reasons. 

This latest episode is probably my favorite out of the whole series. The pacing was great. I liked this different side to Neuman. I can see her being an ally later… that's until Butcher messed it up again at the end :ace: There's no way she's going to forgive him.

The chickens and sheep with the V :ahh: Just when I think this show can't up the ante enough,  they prove me wrong.  Also this was Simon Pegg's very best episode and he went out on a high :clap3:

Homelander still evil as ever, best anti-hero/villain on TV :clap3:

Edited by Hector

Loved the episode today! It was fun to watch the Boys team up with Neuman and I loved seeing Sam and Cate again. I thought the scene between Frenchie and Starlight was also very touching.

(Comic spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

I'm a little worried though that they are building up for Billy Butcher to be the final antagonist of the series, like he is in the comics.

3 hours ago, Jotham said:

Loved the episode today! It was fun to watch the Boys team up with Neuman and I loved seeing Sam and Cate again. I thought the scene between Frenchie and Starlight was also very touching.

(Comic spoilers ahead)

Hide contents

I'm a little worried though that they are building up for Billy Butcher to be the final antagonist of the series, like he is in the comics.

Spoiler

I said the same thing to my brother. I know Butcher has always been a menace, but he seemed particularly psychotic at the end of the latest episode. I know they've pivoted away from some storylines from the comics as I'm pretty sure that Black Noir was a Homelander clone and was the main antagonist. That was obviously altered drastically for the series. I'm ngl I'm nervous for what's to come.

Spoiler

Butcher randomly kidnapping Sameer and cutting off his legs without anyone noticing made no sense. :rip: Also why did all the animals get the same powers? Aren't they supposed to get some variance like humans do? I really didn't like the writing on that segment of the show. However Hughie and his dad were very interesting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.