Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

2 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Why wouldn't she? This is the biggest mainstream commercial success she has had over her indie movies that same pretenious 5 film critics watch >>>>>>>>>

No it isn't, she played Queen Elizabeth in The Crown which she won an Emmy for. :deadbanana2:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

4 minutes ago, Hector said:

No it isn't, she played Queen Elizabeth in The Crown which she won an Emmy for. :deadbanana2:

Is she still filming that show?

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Is she still filming that show?

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

:dies:

Can someone please stop me from watching compilation videos of this on YouTube, I'm like so in love with this show :jonny5:

Cute show, the soundtrack was great. The writing was subpar & the actor that played the “rich bully” was terrible. 

A lot of the events weren’t true to how I’d imagine they’d play out in real life & it was very clear that it was coming from a woman’s idealised & romanticised perspective of what a young, gay relationship is like… Still, it’s nice to have a gay story that doesn’t wallow in tragedy. 

• ATRL Moderator

So I just watched the most heartwarming complication video on YouTube with Marina's song About Love which I'd never heard before and now I'm obsessed :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

So… casting idea for a character from the comics for future seasons.

I think Joe Alwyn would make for a perfect cast addition to play Nick’s homophobic older brother. Your thoughts? 

7 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Why wouldn't she? This is the biggest mainstream commercial success she has had over her indie movies that same pretenious 5 film critics watch >>>>>>>>>

She’s booked and busy. She’s in a lot of projects right now. 

13 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Hide contents

I think Joe Alwyn would make for a perfect cast addition to play Nick’s homophobic older brother. Your thoughts? 

Spoiler

I think they’ll cast a college aged actor that is probably not that well known. It’s going to be a small role too even though he’s important to Nick’s development. It’s probably better that way and save money so they can book Olivia again lol 

Just watched this. It was very cute, I loved it. However given the hype I kinda expected better? The writing/dialogues were kinda questionable. Maybe cause its supposed to deal with kids idk

The bullies acting was cringe nnn 

Olivia filmed all her scenes over 2 days so I would be really surprised if she can’t find time to come back for the next season.

6 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Just watched this. It was very cute, I loved it. However given the hype I kinda expected better? The writing/dialogues were kinda questionable. Maybe cause its supposed to deal with kids idk

The bullies acting was cringe nnn 

Well it was written by the creator. 

9 hours ago, Bloo said:

Hide contents

I think he looks too old for the role, but I can see it, there's an air the famille  :chick2:

I'm ready for the Soon You'll Get Better tiktok fancams for S2

JLKYo4X.gif

just finished this and absolutely loved it. omg.

the writing for the "DL" and the bully characters was kind of horrible but i had an amazing time watching the show regardless !

This was really sweet 

• ATRL Moderator

Goddamn Netflix announce season 2 or I'm gonna throw a proper full-on gay fit

ralj3chg3yx81.jpg

This scene broke me, ngl

Edited by GentleDance

11 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Charlie screaming and kicking when he saw this

So I gave in and bought the graphic novels :jonnycat:

I'm halfway through volume 1, and I'm already so blown away by how faithful the adaptation is. Alice literally brought the pages to life, it's incredible. The illustration are adorable, I'm loving!

I've been feeling inspired by Heartstopper to start writing a love story to kinda help me deal with the feelings of being robbed of experiences in high school. I started writing and I actually like what I've written so far. It's a combination of my high school experiences and fiction. I felt like there weren't really any stories about queer deaf people in love. So that's how I was kinda inspired to start writing the story. It's really hard making sure I am not copying Alice because when I write about my protagonist and his love interest, I can't help but see Kit and Joe as them lmao 

Edited by publikcitizen

50 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I've been feeling inspired by Heartstopper to start writing a love story to kinda help me deal with the feelings of being robbed of experiences in high school. I started writing and I actually like what I've written so far. It's a combination of my high school experiences and fiction. I felt like there weren't really any stories about queer deaf people in love. So that's how I was kinda inspired to start writing the story. It's really hard making sure I am not copying Alice because when I write about my protagonist and his love interest, I can't help but see Kit and Joe as them lmao 

yeah if you feel like writing write! good luck and have fun:heart:

maybe one day we will be talking here about your book getting a show adaptation, that would be cool:jonny:

Edited by TheCal

5 minutes ago, TheCal said:

if you feel like writing write! good luck and have fun:heart:

maybe one day we will be talking here about your book getting an show adaptation, that would be cool:jonny:

Wouldn't that be crazy? You never know. I am going to take my time with it. I know how I want the story to end so I think I am going to start writing that then work my way back to the beginning. 

Harry's terrible acting was by far the worst part of the show 

Oseman was determined to lend the show an air of verisimilitude, with each casting call restricted to the exact sexual identity and ethnicity of the characters in her web comic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/heartstopper-joe-locke-netflix-b2062325.html

I guess this tidbit answers a lot of questions. I had no idea she did this. Kudos to her. Nice to see that Joe and Kit are part of the fam.

Very cheesy, very cute. I agree some of the writing is... umm... interesting, but I am happy this exists and it's a smash! :rainbow:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.