Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing October 3rd

Gossip_Boy

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Cas said:

I was thinking the same thing. Charlie bumps into Ben at the birthday party - in my mind, here we go again, Ben will kiss Charlie, Nick will see them and everything will fall apart. I was so happy to be proven wrong so many times. This is one of the reasons why the show is loved - there is no unnecessary drama.

At this point, I'm debating myself if I should read the graphic novels - I don't want to spoil the future seasons, but at the same time I want to see how the story will unfold as soon as possible. :weeps: 

I started reading the graphic novels last night. I'm a little bit into the part of the story that follows the show. But it's worth reading. I would recommend reading at least the portion of the novels that the series is based on. If you wan to keep going from there, then you can.

From my experience, the series is a larger story than the graphic novels. The novels (thus far from where I'm at) are basically all about Nick and Charlie. Tara, Darcy, Elle, Tao, and Aled (or Isaac) are all background characters that have little development. The series fleshes them out a bit more. I say that to mention that there likely is still going to be a good amount of "new" content to see from the series even if you do get to witness more of Nick and Charlie's development from the novels.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

9 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I started reading the graphic novels last night. I'm a little bit into the part of the story that follows the show. But it's worth reading. I would recommend reading at least the portion of the novels that the series is based on. If you wan to keep going from there, then you can.

From my experience, the series is a larger story than the graphic novels. The novels (thus far from where I'm at) are basically all about Nick and Charlie. Tara, Darcy, Elle, Tao, and Aled (or Isaac) are all background characters that have little development. The series fleshes them out a bit more. I say that to mention that there likely is still going to be a good amount of "new" content to see from the series even if you do get to witness more of Nick and Charlie's development from the novels.

Yeah. I decided to read the graphic novels that the show is based on and I can really see how the show is presenting all these supporting characters in a such a pleasant way. The netlflix adaption has done such a tremendous job, I'd riot if it is not renewed.

I've watched it 3 times so far and this never happens. 

Why can't I find hardcover versions of the books :weeps: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Desire said:

Why can't I find hardcover versions of the books :weeps: 

We love an in-demand book series. :gaycat3:

8 minutes ago, Bloo said:

question, do u actually like violas performance in the first lady or are you just trolling by having her as your display gif

Did you guys see the pictures Alice posted on her social media of Kit and Joe from the photo booth scene? Literally they’re so beautiful and wholesome. It’s amazing how happy and intimate Kit and Joe were with each other :smitten:

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

question, do u actually like violas performance in the first lady or are you just trolling by having her as your display gif

It's tongue-in-cheek trolling. I stan Viola in general. Haven't watched that Showtime series at all.

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Did you guys see the pictures Alice posted on her social media of Kit and Joe from the photo booth scene? Literally they’re so beautiful and wholesome. It’s amazing how happy and intimate Kit and Joe were with each other :smitten:

I immediately saved each of them to my phone. :heart: 

5 hours ago, Augmented said:

Oh wow it’s showing as No.2 on UK Netflix Top 10 for me :clap3:

A UK smasha :clap3:

Straight girls love cute and romantic gay shows, hence why it's such a smash and is reaching different demographics!

Olivia outtake/blooper on the scene she’s driving Nick home from beating up the bully:

“oh! Ran someone over. Hopefully it’s the bully” 

Olivia pulling an anti MBB. When she sees a HETERO HOMOPHOBE she floors it! 

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Others can't relate that's for sure :sistrens: 

48 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

Olivia outtake/blooper on the scene she’s driving Nick home from beating up the bully:

I couldn't get over her forgetting her line because she thinks Kit is too cute

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

That was so funny. I really hope Olivia will come back for season 2 despite her busy schedule 

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I immediately saved each of them to my phone. :heart: 

They're just so adorable. 

On 5/2/2022 at 9:13 PM, MusicforAll said:

As a 26 years who hasn’t  come out to his homophobic parents yet, This show opened up so many wounds that I thought was healing.

A lot of us missed out on the innocent crushes and romance of our teens so this show hits hard…

To sum up my feelings about this show:

im both happy that the new generation gets a positive and uplifting queer love story but I’m also sad that for many of us that time has passed.

Although, I will say that I am more motivated now to go out there and find love because lord knows we all deserve love ❤️ :gaycat6:

PS: I bought all the novels and now in search for merchandise 

I agree :'c

Makes me just wanna die even more than before. It was a complete blast to the face of realization.

And what's worse is the way I am, it won't change. Why are we cursed like this??

I’m obsessed with the colour of you song now. It’s so perfect. I hope that rumor of a music video with the cast is true

• ATRL Moderator

Caught up with the Heartstopper comic. Loving the subject of the latest volume thus far. :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

Caught up with the Heartstopper comic. Loving the subject of the latest volume thus far. :gaycat5:

I think Alice should make trouble for the rest of the cast and leave my precious Char ALONE.

It's always Charlie dealing with issues and Nick coming to the rescue/supporting him, ENOUGH!

I know the mental health troubles he's been facing go hand in hand, I'm just a little tired of this dynamic  :chick3:

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think Alice should make trouble for the rest of the cast and leave my precious Char ALONE.

It's always Charlie dealing with issues and Nick coming to the rescue/supporting him, ENOUGH!

I know the mental health troubles he's been facing go hand in hand, I'm just a little tired of this dynamic  :chick3:

To be fair, the webcomic is pretty short at the moment. We'll see how they divvy up the suffering. But, I think a really good sub-story with Nick is his coming to terms with the fact that he can't save Charlie. He can support him and encourage him to find qualified help, but he can't fix Charlie's mental health problems. When I was young and stupid, I always wanted to save and fix people. It got pretty drastic to the point where my mental health took massive tolls feeling like I was responsible for problems that were beyond my ability to address. So I think that was a good story and should be highlighted.

I'm curious to see if we get a more thorough view into Darcy's home life.

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, the webcomic is pretty short at the moment. We'll see how they divvy up the suffering. But, I think a really good sub-story with Nick is his coming to terms with the fact that he can't save Charlie. He can support him and encourage him to find qualified help, but he can't fix Charlie's mental health problems. When I was young and stupid, I always wanted to save and fix people. It got pretty drastic to the point where my mental health took massive tolls feeling like I was responsible for problems that were beyond my ability to address. So I think that was a good story and should be highlighted.

I'm curious to see if we get a more thorough view into Darcy's home life.

I think I'm just a little bit resentful of how smooth sailing Nick's life has been, at least compared to Charlie's  :toofunny2:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, GentleDance said:

I think I'm just a little bit resentful of how smooth sailing Nick's life has been, at least compared to Charlie's  :toofunny2:

That's fair. But...

It seems most of Charlie's issues trace back to the bullying and the trauma of being outed in the way he was. Nick was fortunate to not have that, so I think it makes for an interesting foil. I do think there's some potential with Nick struggling to figure out his future. He doesn't seem to be as strong of a student as Charlie naturally is. So I wonder if that's going to incite some issues with confidence and imposter syndrome? Who knows. I don't think the webcomic will continue long enough to explore that in depth, though.

Kit's expressions kill me. I wonder if this is how he genuinely talks or is it an acting thing

23 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

That was so funny. I really hope Olivia will come back for season 2 despite her busy schedule 

Why wouldn't she? This is the biggest mainstream commercial success she has had over her indie movies that same pretenious 5 film critics watch >>>>>>>>>

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.