• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

I wish it was a novel.. not really a big fan of comics/web comics or manga

On 4/30/2022 at 11:09 PM, publikcitizen said:

I want to share something with y'all. So you all know how like when this show and Love. Simon/Victor came out, a lot of queer people felt melancholy and wish they could've had this show or a similar experience when they were younger, etc.  Well, since I watched Heartstopper a few times, it kinda made me realize that even if I had this show when I was in high school (2007-2011), I do not think I would've came out. The reason why is that I started remembering a lot of things about high school that I forgotten and the kids I knew there. I was kinda bullied by this one guy who just seemed to give me a hard time for no reason, maybe because of my hearing loss. So I can't imagine if I came out as gay how he would've treated me. Probably a lot more worse I think. Maybe I would've gotten bullied by other kids too. I kinda remember some goth kids being bullied a lot. So I don't think I would've felt confident to come out. Also, I didn't really have a solid group of friends to confide into as well. And at the times, my parents were forcing me to go to youth groups and all of that church stuff so my mind was a mess too. I really did a very good job of putting up this persona and being what they wanted from me. 

And I don't think I would've had a Nick/Charlie story either as I don't think any guys at my school would've been comfortable coming out. So yeah it sucks since I still feel like I had a robbed high school experience and being jealous of my straight peers being able to hold hands in the hallways or spend time together at lunch. But maybe it was for the best that I didn't come out in high school. If anything I just regret not coming out sooner in college. Like I went to a school out of state and didn't know anybody so it was a good time for me to at least have a soft coming out. So yeah I wish I was out when I was a freshman, not three years later when I was a senior lol. Anyway, this was weighing a lot on my mind and feeling a mix of sadness and emotions. In an ideal world, I would've felt confident and safe to come out in high school and I would've met a Nick Nelson. I think I am slowly coming to terms with the fact I don't think my high school experiences would've been better if I was out and I can just enjoy the shows without feeling melancholy now. 

Exactly. The show is so dreamy and uplifting, I loved it. But it really should have been labeled as sci Fi because there's no way this kind of relationship and experience could happen in the real world. It sets up to a massive disappointment and heartacke.

Of course it's getting renewed yall :rip: it's been only a week since it came out tho, I don't remember Netflix ever announcing a renew so quickly. It should come soon.

I won't be surprised if they sign a deal with Alice to adapt the rest of the series and her other books too.

37 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Of course it's getting renewed yall :rip: it's been only a week since it came out tho, I don't remember Netflix ever announcing a renew so quickly. It should come soon.

I won't be surprised if they sign a deal with Alice to adapt the rest of the series and her other books too.

I have a feeling they might be waiting for Pride month to announce it like others here said. It is important to take into account that this made a bigger debut splash than Young Royals and that show had to wait two months for the renewal announcement.

Netflix bases its renewal off the first month worth of viewing data and even then they don’t announce it till 6-8 weeks after the show has premiered.

We’re gonna have to wait longer than a minute to find out about Season 2.

Y'all got me into watching Young Royals because of this show :dies: 

Anyways I remember how @Bloo said he was thinking of cancelling Netflix and I was like "not until you watch Heartstopper that is coming out this Friday" and look at him stanning Netflix now :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, mystery said:

I have a feeling they might be waiting for Pride month to announce it like others here said. It is important to take into account that this made a bigger debut splash than Young Royals and that show had to wait two months for the renewal announcement.

It's also relatively cheap to produce, the actors are all rookies, Olivia probably wasn't payed much for her appearance, the school was probably the most expensive thing to book? I'm really not worried about the renewal :bird:

4 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Anyways I remember how @Bloo said he was thinking of cancelling Netflix and I was like "not until you watch Heartstopper that is coming out this Friday" and look at him stanning Netflix now :jonnycat:

Young Royals is flawless :clap3:

Watch the Norwegian SKAM season 3 next :clap3:

6 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Is Young Royals worth watching?

9 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

It's also relatively cheap to produce, the actors are all rookies, Olivia probably wasn't payed much for her appearance, the school was probably the most expensive thing to book? I'm really not worried about the renewal :bird:

Yeah it is probably a no brainer to renew it so I am not worried as well, just want them to get it over with and announce it.

They will probably need a slight budget increase for season 2 I guess considering the Paris trip. I wonder who they will cast as David.

Edited by mystery

31 minutes ago, Catch22 said:

Yes! 

44 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Young Royals is flawless :clap3:

Watch the Norwegian SKAM season 3 next :clap3:

I just watched first episode of "The 7 Lives of Lea" and OMG why is Netflix EU so good?!?!?

The trailer popped into my Netflix homepage and now I am hooked already with first episode! I need to give more European Netflix shows a chance!

44 minutes ago, Catch22 said:

I watched first two episodes. It's alright but nothing special!

Do you ask for only LGBT content or?

Still obsessed :jonny: 

OFFICIAL CHARTS: Heartstopper: Tracks by Baby Queen, Chvrches, Shura and Orla Gartland receive major sales uplift thanks to Netflix hit

Research by the Official Charts Company has shown today that thanks to their inclusion on the show, several tracks by artists like Baby Queen, Chvrches, Shura and Orla Gartland have received boosts in sales over the last week - some tracks even gaining their best ever week of sales in the UK as a result. 

There's another notable change for a six-year-old song by Scottish trio Chvrches. Clearest Blue - taken from their 2015 second album Every Open Eye - was featured in the party scene in episode 3 (that beat drop? We're still crying) and has experienced a 522% lift in sales as a result.

There's even better news for artists like Orla Gartland, Shura and Caroline Polachek, formerly of duo Chairlift - all of whom have tracks used in the show; said tracks have just had their biggest weeks ever on the Official Charts. Orla's Why Am I Like This?, Shura's What's It Gonna Be? and Charlift's I Belong In Your Arms have all exploded with more than a 999% change in their chart sales over the past week. 

1 hour ago, mystery said:

There's another notable change for a six-year-old song by Scottish trio Chvrches. Clearest Blue - taken from their 2015 second album Every Open Eye - was featured in the party scene in episode 3 (that beat drop? We're still crying) and has experienced a 522% lift in sales as a result.

Honestly that Clearest Blue scene is really what hooked me to the show, I couldn't stop watching after that :jonnycat:

3 hours ago, Catch22 said:

absolutely

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Umm, I was never thinking of cancelling Netflix. It’s my favorite streaming platform. I still have to watch Stranger Things 4 and a bunch of other random documentaries. So I always defend Netflix against the mainstream that say it’s trash now. 
:giraffe:

4 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Umm, I was never thinking of cancelling Netflix. It’s my favorite streaming platform. I still have to watch Stranger Things 4 and a bunch of other random documentaries. So I always defend Netflix against the mainstream that say it’s trash now. 
:giraffe:

GODflix stans for life :heart:

That feeling of sadness and emptiness when you go on Grindr or Tinder to find a Nick Nelson but not finding one :!ohno:

Was cute.

Tao was by far the most annoying and also the worst actor.   I wanted to take scissors to his hair, lol

The number of times the script had…”hi….hey”  was too much.  For some reason it bothered me, haha.

Not Nick also being the young Elton John in rocket man :skull: 

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

That feeling of sadness and emptiness when you go on Grindr or Tinder to find a Nick Nelson but not finding one :!ohno:

You shouldn't really go on the apps to find something specific like that. I feel you though bcuz I often get these kinds crushes too. I used to have a mad crush on Isak from Skam, lol. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.