Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing in October

Gossip_Boy

4 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Speculation:

Reveal hidden contents

Is one of them going to die? Gay stories always end in a tragedy. You can already tell they’re alluding to it in the title.

Spoiler

No, don’t worry sis; there’s just a character’s eating disorder, distant relatives & more homophobia 

8 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

What's the deal with Tao, is he gay or Trans? I couldn't understand.

Spoiler

He’s straight, & has a thing for Elle

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

This show is too cute & adorable for words,  I got the feels in every episode :weeps: :heart: It's like a mix between Love Victor,  Young Royals, and Sex Education minus the sex.  I love Nick & Charlie's relationship,  I wish I had this show & a relationship like theirs in high school :heart:

Spoiler

CHVRCHES' Clearest Blue was perfectly used in one of the episodes.  :jonny5:

The legendary Olivia Colman as Nick's mother,  she was also too endearing for words :heart:

Loved the fact that Nick & Charlie officially became boyfriends in the end and that Nick left his trashy rugby team & friends. Harry really was insufferable throughout the season. A true prick.

Great to see Charlie officially declare himself as bisexual.

Loved that Tara & Darcy got to have a happy relationship while also showcasing how toxic social media & bitter students can be speculating on their relationship. 

Ben can rot as a self loathing closet case, love that Charlie told him off. 

I'm also happy Tao & Elle ended up together,  their chemistry is so cute. :heart:

If this show doesn't get a season 2, they wrapped things up perfectly. But I loved it. 

Edited by Hector

Watched the first 3 eps, this is very cute so far

I love this show so much! Honestly I am so thankful this show was released when it did. It's a bright light amongst the recent anti lgbtq bills and homophoia/transphobia going around. I really hope all of the young gay and trans closeted kids will be able to watch this show so they know they are not alone and can relate to these characters. 

8 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Speculation:

Reveal hidden contents

Is one of them going to die? Gay stories always end in a tragedy. You can already tell they’re alluding to it in the title.

Spoiler

I'm not watching this (I might do at some point but I feel I'll just get bitter for not having this experience myself nnn) but I hope not.

Can we please have an LGBTQ+ story that DOESN'T end in some kind of trauma?

Edited by nathanspears

4 hours ago, Zeferino said:
  Hide contents

No, don’t worry sis; there’s just a character’s eating disorder, distant relatives & more homophobia 

Hide contents

He’s straight, & has a thing for Elle

Spoiler

Not to be presumptuous, but why would a straight guy hang out with 3 LGBT people. 

47 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not to be presumptuous, but why would a straight guy hang out with 3 LGBT people. 

Spoiler

The series is based on basically a tumblr comic :skull:

or outcasts, they found each other 

1 minute ago, Zeferino said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Also the way he was dragging Harry, the bully. No straight guy can drag like that ???

3 minutes ago, Zeferino said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also, the way he was annoyed that Charlie hung out with Nick, I almost thought he had an eternal crush on Charlie. ??

omg this was basically perfect, my heart was so so warm. the actors were GREAT (loved seeing Olivia obviously, but everyone did so good), it felt emotionally complex without trying too hard or reusing overused tropes. the writing was sensitive and really beautiful, it was shot well… just such a good first season all around. can’t really complain about anything. 

i wouldn’t even be mad if they stopped here but as I understand this was based on the first volume of the graphic novel series? I absolutely wouldn’t mind seeing more of Charlie and Nick. Also, Isaac is such a cutie, idk if it’s expanded in the novels but he seems to be on the spectrum maybe? 

ugh just soooooo cute I was freaking out every episode lmao I just love gay **** 

edit: 

Spoiler

Also LOOOOVED that this ended up being a bisexual discovery story. I though that Love, Victor would do that at first and I’m very happy to see it done very well here.

Edited by ChapelHooker

I just finished it and omg it was excellent.

I was in TEARS at the end and I think part of it was that I'm just so amazed that children at school will access to content like this nowadays :weeps:  

All of the acting felt so genuine and I also felt they were able to touch upon range of queer topics without making any of them seem forced or superfluous .

I really hope there's a second season, but equally I think it's a beautiful work as it stands.

I'm gonna keep having thoughts and get back to y'all about the acting and stuff later as I'm too lost for words at the moment :jonny: 

Edited by Wonderland

4 hours ago, nathanspears said:
  Hide contents

I'm not watching this (I might do at some point but I feel I'll just get bitter for not having this experience myself nnn) but I hope not.

Can we please have an LGBTQ+ story that DOESN'T end in some kind of trauma?

Spoiler

Spoiler alert: it literally doesn't. 

ACCLAIMED  :jonnycat:

The Telegraph - 5/5 stars

Metro - 5/5 stars https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/15/heartstopper-review-the-teen-drama-about-to-transform-the-lgbtq-community-16471187/amp/

“Many LGBTQ+ people will never know what it would have been like to grow up with a series like Heartstopper, to have been heard, to have their teenage years recognised and celebrated. Thankfully, the LGBTQ+ generations going forward will. They’ll be taught that being queer isn’t a life destined for doom, tragedy or even death, but your life can and hopefully will be packed with love, friendship, and a chosen family who would do anything for you. Heartstopper is a life-changing moment for the LGBTQ+ people of today and all the ones who will follow.”

NationalWorld - 9/10 https://www.nationalworld.com/culture/television/heartstopper-netflix-review-alice-oseman-joe-locke-kit-connor-euros-lyn-3654504

“Ultimately, it’s very easy to get invested in Heartstopper. Part of that is just because it is, as noted, a really well-put together show; it’s comfortably Euros Lyn’s best directed work, a cut above his already impressive episodes of Doctor Who, Black Mirror, and Broadchurch. But mainly it’s because of how charming and endearing it is, the sort of programme that’ll win people over very quickly – that already very dedicated fanbase is about to get a lot bigger.

Entertainment.ie - 4.5/5 stars https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-reviews/heartstopper-review-netflix-lgbtq-520050

“What sets 'Heartstopper' apart from other YA series is that it's not trying to be anything but a genuine tale about the complexities of young adulthood and figuring out one's genuine self. In a sea of NSFW series…, 'Heartstopper' is a refreshing, calming and beautiful series that's bursting full of heart and wonder.”

We Have A Hulk - 4/5 stars https://wehaveahulk.co.uk/heartstopper-review/

Heartstopper is a wonderfully heartwarming, tender and game-changing coming-of-age romance which will undoubtedly win over a whole new audience, whilst simultaneously surpassing the hopes of the fans of the graphic novel. With the endearing emphasis on friendship and acceptance, the uplifting and sweet tale of young love is just what young audiences need while navigating their own journeys.

Get Your Comic On - 4/5 stars https://getyourcomicon.co.uk/blog/2022/04/16/heartstopper-season-1-review/

“Carried by the undeniably charming Joe Locke and Kit Connor, Heartstopper is an uplifting love story for the ages. But more than that, these are important stories which need to be told.”

Slash Films https://www.slashfilm.com/833116/heartstopper-review-a-queer-romance-that-knows-exactly-how-to-make-your-heart-flutter/

“‘Heartstopper’ employs beloved tropes to a point, but reinvents them at need with a special twist of modern-day. The love story manifests in the vibe-y song choices and tip-tap of Instagram DMs as Nick and Charlie sit alone in their rooms, pondering the best way to express themselves. Every generation needs its love stories, and ‘Heartstopper’ feels especially suited for this moment.

Mashable https://mashable.com/article/heartstopper-netflix-review

“Heartstopper is a truly comforting, uplifting teen dramedy that's so loaded up on subtle moments of friendship and romance that your ticker will likely cease functioning at points. It does what it says on the label.”

Digital Trends https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/heartstopper-review/?amp

“Like any high school crush, Heartstopper gets worse the more you think about it. We’ve seen this coming out story before… dealt with similar themes more artfully and intelligently. Yet, Heartstopper is a keeper, because there’s an honesty and wide-eyed idealism in the central romance that just isn’t seen very much. The show is a vibe, as the kids say, and you either get it or you don’t. I got it, and I want more.”

Fangirlish https://fangirlish.com/2022/04/17/netflix-heartstopper-spoiler-free-review/amp/

“Put that all together and Netflix’s adaptation of Heartstopper is a beautiful and giddy ride with moments of real growth that leave you feeling happy, raw, and like your heart is about to explode out of your chest because you remember feeling like that as a teen. Because we all remember the confusion of being queer and having your first crush or trying to understand who we are as people. Heartstopper is the opportunity to give a voice to those who grew up queer and didn’t know the words to express it; the good parts and the bad.”

Decider https://decider.com/2022/04/15/heartstopper-netflix-review/amp/

“To tаke а step bаck, it’s аn eаrnest romp thаt will mаke you lаugh аnd cry in equаl meаsure, with some fаntаstic twists аnd delightful surprises аlong the wаy. The only flаw with Heаrtstopper is its nаme: rаther thаn stopping your heаrt, it will begin to beаt аgаin аfter this flаwless first seаson.”

But Why Tho? Podcast https://butwhythopodcast.com/2022/04/15/heartstopper-review/

“Heartstopper is a phenomenal adaptation of the source material and a wonderful exploration of the beauty of queer stories. Lyn truly brings these characters and their stories to life.”

Edge Media Network https://ptown.edgemedianetwork.com/story.php?ch=entertainment&sc=television&id=314807&review:_heartstopper_a_sweet_gay_romance

“Will the show make your heart stop? Skip, maybe, especially in the rare moments when parents play a role (and they are beautifully supportive in this show), or when you remember your own first shy moments of first love. It's much more the case that ‘Heartstopper’ is heart warming — gentle, sweet, and uplifting.”

I just finished the first episode and I liked it I was surprised how fast it progresses but  Did you see who Charlie's mom is?

Spoiler

QUEEN OLIVIA COLMAN 

:WAP:

13 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

ACCLAIMED  :jonnycat:

I'm glad netflix bet on non-tragic LGTB content like Young Royals and now Heartstopper:clap3:

2 minutes ago, Nebur said:

I'm glad netflix bet on non-tragic LGTB content like Young Royals and now Heartstopper:clap3:

Maybe that will save them from bankruptcy  :mandown:

THE ACCLAIM :clap3: 

Just now, GentleDance said:

Maybe that will save them from bankruptcy  :mandown:

They may be in their Gay before flop era but I'm LIVING :clap3: 

11 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

They may be in their Gay before flop era but I'm LIVING :clap3: 

They better not dip before churning out Young Royals S2  :swan:

19 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

They better not dip before churning out Young Royals S2  :swan:

well the second season of young royals started shooting several weeks ago so that's a good thing

I finished episode 2 and it was:gaycat6::gaycat6::heart:

the chemistry is insane :jonnycat:  Tomorrow I will see the last 6 episodes so I don't consume them all today

Edited by Nebur

13 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Speculation:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Charlie has an eating disorder and trauma from being outed/what Ben Hope did to him in later chapters which manifests in self-harm and leads to a short stint at a psychiatric hospital, but they get a happily ever after and none of them die.

If anyone wants to read the webcomic it’s based on: here.

Edited by Oscar Isaac

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.