Only Murders In the Building | Season 3 airing every tuesday!

****Selena

The feelings I went through when Steve Martin was stabbed. :rip:  I legit thought his character was dead. I was thinking why in the world are they getting rid of him and then thought maybe Tina Fey's character is going to be taking his spot in the group and Steve had a new gig... boy was I wrong when that took a twist :rip: 

Edited by FameFatale

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncatena

• Hurem

• publikcitizen

• Hector

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The feelings I went through when Steve Martin was stabbed. :rip:  I legit thought his character was dead. I was thinking why in the world are they getting rid of him and then thought maybe Tina Fey's character is going to be taking his spot in the group and Steve had a new gig... boy was I wrong when that took a twist :rip: 

Same, I was so scared :toofunny3:

They all delivered, I genuinely lol’ed a few times. Howard kind of stole the party for me. I need an entire episode about him. Tina also ate, was not expecting the double twist. 

Despite having the killer's name spoiled earlier, I actually enjoyed all the other twists in the finale!  Looking forward to S3!!! :clap3: 

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:
  Hide contents

Omg same I was GASPING, I fully believed it. But then it was even more satisfying when the second twist came. 

The killer didn't feel that surprising but the reveal was delivered in such a hilarious and fantastic way that made the finale SNAP :clap3: 

Spoiler

only-murders-in-the-building-poppy-white

Becky F*cking Butler :jonny4: :clap3:

Also.... anyone notice a correlation between these killers and the killers from the SCREAM franchise?

S1: Billie Loomis, Jan... the close love interest f*cking the protagonist 

S2: Ms. Loomis, Becky...Unsuspected murderer off to the side of the main characters who got help by a dumb guy

S3: A close/long lost relative of one of the main 3? :mandown:

7 hours ago, zoldyck said:

Loved the finale. From murder reveal to funny bits everything was amazing :jonny4:

Also Martin Short is such a tremendous actor, He deserve his emmy. Like its hard to see Oliver Putnam just as character being acted by someone else. A literal case of breathing life into character. Such a flawless natural execution :clap3:

I think Steve will win the Emmy but Martin deserves it for this season so much. Just seeing him on screen makes me laugh. :clap3: :worship:

Also I hope we see more of Oliver's daughter next season, she was fierce. 

Edited by Dula Peep

Negativity alert!

Spoiler

I’m sorry but I don’t get the praise for this season :deadbanana: I thought it was great and even better than S1 until about halfway through. Each episode started to feel like its own show, the plot completely shifted each time (like what even happened with Amy Schumer??), there being 3 “killer reveals” in the last episode, Mabel becoming friends with Cara Delevigne’s character after the truly sick and psychotic thing she did… I just don’t get it. It’s like the writers used a random plot generator and just went with it, there was so little foresight in the writing that it felt like a season of AHS where they were writing it as they filmed. 

Thankfully the chemistry among the three leads and the comedy was enough to save it, but as an actual murder mystery with any sort of suspense… terrible. 

5 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Negativity alert!

Reveal hidden contents

I’m sorry but I don’t get the praise for this season :deadbanana: I thought it was great and even better than S1 until about halfway through. Each episode started to feel like its own show, the plot completely shifted each time (like what even happened with Amy Schumer??), there being 3 “killer reveals” in the last episode, Mabel becoming friends with Cara Delevigne’s character after the truly sick and psychotic thing she did… I just don’t get it. It’s like the writers used a random plot generator and just went with it, there was so little foresight in the writing that it felt like a season of AHS where they were writing it as they filmed. 

Thankfully the chemistry among the three leads and the comedy was enough to save it, but as an actual murder mystery with any sort of suspense… terrible. 

i for one prefer uncharacteristic randomness in TV shows because i don't think there always has to be motive.

in writing, i prefer creativity over making complete sense because... people are unpredictable.

i think it's just a taste thing. 

and in life, we sometimes are ok with things that others might think are wrong.

and i'm also ok with some characters not popping up later on in the season. idk, i think if they tried to tie up all the loose ends it would have felt very bloated.

46 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

i for one prefer uncharacteristic randomness in TV shows because i don't think there always has to be motive.

in writing, i prefer creativity over making complete sense because... people are unpredictable.

i think it's just a taste thing. 

and in life, we sometimes are ok with things that others might think are wrong.

and i'm also ok with some characters not popping up later on in the season. idk, i think if they tried to tie up all the loose ends it would have felt very bloated.

I like to an extent, but you’re right, it is a matter of taste. When it’s *too* random though, and truly ANYTHING is possible on the grounds of “people are unpredictable,” then at that point, why not 

Spoiler

One of the trio members be the killer? Or have Bunny kill herself? Or have it be some random character they introduce at the last minute for the first time? Or introduce ghosts and have it suddenly become a paranormal show? 

To me the journey needs to make at least a little sense for the ending to be satisfying. And I feel personally they failed at that this time around. But I’m glad you enjoyed the finale! I do still love the characters and the comedy so I’ll continue watching for sure. 

Every single one of the twists were so intricately well done.  The way I gasped multiple times :jonny5: Just when you think it ends one way, it pivoted 2 or 3 more times. And they did the setup for Season 3 perfectly.  Can't wait till this comes back next year :duca:

Edited by Hector

Now that I've seen the finale twice, here are my thoughts:

• The killer reveal scene was absolute perfection. The comedy, the suspense, the gags... I loved it so much. Slow motion, Alice stabbing Charles, Howard fainting... so, so good. Gonna have to rewatch it AGAIN
  • Poppy's backstory was amazing. Loved the character development.
  • The season had too many red herrings that had no other purpose than being red herrings. What happened to Nina? Why was Alice the worst written character ever?
  • When did Mabel and Alice get on good terms again? Last time we saw Alice she was exposed as a sociopath using Mabel's tragedy, yet... they're all good now? :rip: 
  • Poppy doing all the work for the OG trio and exposing herself was kinda... dumb? She literally gave them the murder weapon with her saliva on it and exposed her real identity too. I see that this can be seen as a foolish mistake on her part, but yeah... no :doc:
  • I don't feel we got a explanation of what went down on the night Bunny died. I wanted to see Poppy go at it with Bunny.
  • The last minute added dialogue when Poppy and Keeps are dry humping was so hilariously noticeable :deadbanana4: They knew Poppy's expose was not explained well.
  • Hope Paul Rudd lived in the Arconia prior to his death so the flashback scenes are set there :'( 

Cute finale! I was so scared/upset with what I thought happened to Charles

Daddy Paul joining :duca: 

The amount of times I gasped at that finale. Now that's how you do it. :jonny5:

S2 was cute but not as great as S1... until, that FINALE. :clap3:

The plot twists were great but for me it was the comedy that was served. There hasn't been a funnier episode than this one and I loved every single part of it. It actually got me excited. It made up for the entire season.

S2 Finale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S1 >>> S2

Can't wait for S3.

Edited by D/X

17 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

how long can a show with this concept last?

Do you think 2 seasons are long enough?

18 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

how long can a show with this concept last?

Realistically as long as they feel like it. They can always rotate out cast members/stories like AHS if things get too stale. But they can come up with a new mystery every season for a while. As long as the quality is there, I’d tune in. 

• ATRL Moderator
21 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

:clap3:

We love to see it!

• 2 weeks later...

I just started the show 

First episode was a bit weird BUT from the 2nd ............ ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC 

• 1 month later...

Jesse Williams To Join Season 3 Of ‘Only Murders In The Building’

EXCLUSIVE: Former Grey’s Anatomy star Jesse Williams is joining the cast for Season 3 of Hulu’s Only Murders in the Building in the recurring role. He will play documentarian with a particular interest in the case that Selena Gomez’s Mabel Mora, Steve Martin’s Charles Haden-Savage and Martin Short’s Oliver Putnam are working on.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/only-murders-in-the-building-jesse-williams-selena-gomez-1235154560/

Ugh yes, sexy eye candy :jonny5: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.