• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

I think this will do around $25-27M in previews, then a $37-39M True Friday for a $64M opening day. $140-145M OW. 

I hate me for going to the theater yesterday to watch this.

It was messy and crazy in a bad way, it feels all over the place and the comedy is cringey, it tools all the bad things from Ragnarok and then went 3x for it and Thor is dumber and bro-ish, Asgard is a joke, Gorr is very creepy but then dumbed down and my Natalie is there as a side plot and never shines in her own right.

The finale is… just there and the audience was ? and no one on my timeline is talking about it unlike NWH or DS2, people were claiming $1B here but it will do way less than DS2.

And also how moralist from the GP to crucify Lightyear for a lesbian kiss and keep it quiet when Thor 4 has multiple orgies jokes and lines??? Is it more easy to explain what an orgy is to a what a lesbian person is?

Just got out the theater. Now This felt like a MCU movie! 85% of the jokes landed, there were a few cringe moments. People saying the MCU was missing Fun this Phase and I think this movie delivered. Basically a Ragnorok 2. First reaction, better then I was expecting. Actually had emotional moments, good flashbacks and cool action scenes. Also yeah they mention Orgies, big deal. Grow up. And no one said this would do a billion, y’all starting with that narrative already. This will probably be on par with Ragnorok success wise. Only time will tell

The good

Spoiler

-The romantic comedy angle worked. The Montages were used effectively, making this a fast paced story. 
-the use of Moljnir was awesome. And the action was better then I was expecting. The Kids using Thor’s power was cool and exciting.

-The tone & themes worked and made this film more emotional then I was expecting going in. I actually cared for Jane, when I use to not.

-Expanding more on Asgard and the Gods of the MCU was intriguing. 

The Bad

Spoiler

-honestly my biggest problem is the varied Visuals. A majority of the film looks Good, but Jane’s helmet was so bad CGI that it was taking me out of the experience. Also some blurred backgrounds, sometimes the lightening look fake, and some minor edits that showed a lot was cut from the film. 
-there were some cringe moments. Like Jane’s catchphrase. 

Best Moments

Spoiler

-The Goats were so funny everytime. I thought it would get old fast but it never did for me

-Thor vs the god soldiers was a spectacular fight. Honestly best fight sequence of the film.

-Axel! I hope he is in future movies. Kinda don’t see many young black guys in the MCU have speaking roles. I hope he gets more screen time

-The comedy. Like I said it was great a majority of the times, the Hammer live triangle was clever and funny

Also Gorr was a disturbing to look at villain. His story was kinda similar to Wanda, but he wasn’t in the film as much as I wanted. If he had 2-3 more scenes of doing evil things, he would have been a better threat. He was average for me. Jane Was a cool Thor but I wish we got more of her as well. Like if this movie was another 30 minutes, and fleshed out these 2 it would be Amazing. Valkyrie slayed, as expected. Korg Slayed and even the guardians did what they needed to do. Just wish we got an extra 15-30 minutes. Also I actually love the ending. Shows that kids are the future

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

It almost felt like a parody. I did not like it, but I did enjoy it and it was a fun movie - just not a good one. People say the lightheartedness made Thor great but I actually found that the more serious parts of the movie (rare) was where the film shined the most.

Spoiler

The scene where they are captured in the shadow realm was good. 

Bad movie… I will be getting a refund for the Saturday tickets I purchased because I cannot go see this again :rip:

This was really fun. I'm such a fan of Taika's sense of humor so most of this worked for me. Not as good as Ragnarok, as the plot there was much stronger (here it's pretty thin and small scaled actually), but the jokes here are just as good. Don't take it so seriously and you'll have fun. Post credit scenes were great too :jonnycat:

Something about the way it was edited made it feel so rushed? Idk was not a fan of the pacing

But I still actually really liked it. Gorr was a good villian

Spoiler

the goats :bibliahh:

the love triangle with the hammers :bibliahh:

the army of kids :bibliahh:

Just saw this and it was pretty much exactly what i was expecting and i really enjoyed it. :party:

The villan guy was done SO well. All the visuals surrounding him were on point.

The Gods/Zeus scenes/fights were also really good imo.

i love the little hints of new zealand humour and maori culture.

All the humour hit though. Like cringe, but done well.

9/10!!!  Good comedy action summer movie

If you liked Ragnarok, you will like it this

if you like Taika's humor, you will like this

Great visuals. I recall seeing posts trashing the GCI. Everything looked great during the Dolby vision showing.

Marvel seems to be cutting down on run times prob to get more showing and more money. Seems to be hurting quality though! Mid phase I guess.

5 hours ago, lovecatt said:

Something about the way it was edited made it feel so rushed? Idk was not a fan of the pacing

I have not seen this yet, but that's how I felt about MoM.

I'm not sure what's happening, but I feel like the MCU has really gone downhill ever since Endgame. I think maybe it's a quantity over quality thing. Again, I haven't seen this one yet, but there have been a lot of duds in phase four so far.

Love and Thunder was CAMP and I loved every minute of it

leaned way into comedy reminiscent in this video which I understand why people might not like but it's entertaining, doesn't take itself seriously, and it's got great songs

oh and the first? post-credit reveal was way more exciting than the reveals in MoM/Eternals

Edited by GagaTomFord

Disappointed at the scores and I think MoM had an accurate Rotten score. So I am cautiously optimistic about this one. Ragnarok was perfection so I'm happy with that. But it does seem like the focus for the MCU is losing a bit of quality management Phase 4 and I am not sure why. Maybe too many projects running simultaneously? Too much experimentation with making some louds critics talk about how it's too formulaic (even if it's fun and entertaining)? 

Was hoping that since Taika had a lot of say in the direction for this movie, he'd nail it again like he did for TR but perhaps it needed a bit of creative containment to reel it in. George Lucas without his original creative team produced nonsensical, uneven work. But with them, classic, groundbreaking stuff. 

I can't beleive I went to the cinema for this. It felt like a non-sensical filler. It wasn't even funny and Thor didn't even look hot thanks to the long hair.

Nothing served. 

It was cute for what it was, but yeah the constant jokes made it feel like an SNL sketch at times. But Chris is so cute and charming I can excuse it.

looks like it’s official, Marvel isn’t slowing down anytime soon, as Thor will make its projected 300 Million debut weekend. 77 million worldwide, making it the 5th best in MCU history. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Are we ready to admit that MCU has not been good lately?

I'm already seeing the "IT'S CAMP!!!!" comments in defense to this movie the same way people did Multiverse of Madness. End Phase 4 and give us something better, Marvel. 

This was abysmal. Like yeah, I laughed out loud several times but man, wtf. I felt like I was watching a parody like Scary Movie or Date Movie. What a mess. 

The plot is paper thin. Literally nothing happened and 90% of the movie was showed in the trailers. Also, Thor's arc was rubbish - it felt really promising from the trailers, but it didn't end up being about him going on a journey of self-discovery. 

How is Gorr the MCU's best villain? He had like 5 minutes of screen time after his introduction in the beginning. 

I liked Jane's Mighty Thor, but there wasn't enough time to build up her character and chemistry with Thor. 

The way Taika resurrected Thor with Ragnarok and has now burried him once again. I even think I like Thor 2 better than this :rip:

8 hours ago, Cheers said:

Are we ready to admit that MCU has not been good lately?

I'm already seeing the "IT'S CAMP!!!!" comments in defense to this movie the same way people did Multiverse of Madness. End Phase 4 and give us something better, Marvel. 

Well it depends. I for once loved Dr Strange Wanda in the MOM, Spider-man NWH and Shang-chi. I also really liked ETERNALS. Black Widow was the definition of MEDIOCRE (but not worse than say Captain America 1, Thor 1 or Ant-man 1), and THOR 4 is awful. In terms of shows, I loved Wandavision & Loki, and thought F&TW was very good. Hawkeye was average, but I just don't care about Moon Knight and Ms Marvel. 

I'm sure Feige is nervous with the lukewarm reception to some of the show and several of the movies. 

18 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

I have not seen this yet, but that's how I felt about MoM.

I'm not sure what's happening, but I feel like the MCU has really gone downhill ever since Endgame. I think maybe it's a quantity over quality thing. Again, I haven't seen this one yet, but there have been a lot of duds in phase four so far.

yeah i felt that way about MoM too, like theres too many outside hands touching it. It just feels like they're too concerned with all of the MCU baggage & not letting the directors just do their thing or something.

Disappointing. Taika got the formula right with Ragnarok. What happened with this one? 

Scarlet Witch is the only good thing to come out of this film phase so far :rip:

MoM got the same score because it was a pseudo-horror film. There’s no excuse for this one :deadbanana2:

I think that the cinemascore does not bode well for its legs.

Cinemascore for Thor films:

Thor - B+
Thor: The Dark World - A-
Thor: Ragnarok - A
Thor: Love and Thunder - B+

Cinemascore for Marvel films:

A+
The Avengers
Black Panther
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: No Way Home

A
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings

A-
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor: The Dark World
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Black Widow

B+
Thor
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Thor: Love and Thunder

B
Eternals

Edited by mystery

It was terrible :rip: The way this makes The Dark World look like a masterpiece :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.