The Sims

Unoriginal

2 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Oh actually this doesn't sound as bad as it was made out to be imo. I think it's fine to expect some loading when things unlock... also makes it kind of realistic? You can't see what someone else's apartment looks like until or if you get let in

In The Sims 2 the apartment / dorm would reveal itself if you got invited in IIRC. Much better system.

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• Apolonio

• RihannaLoverrr

• Tiziano's Boy

9 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

In The Sims 2 the apartment / dorm would reveal itself if you got invited in IIRC. Much better system.

This. I would prefer a 2 second lag when loading the neighbors  than a two seconds loading screens.

For f* sake the worst thing about this for me is not the loading screen itself but the fact that your own Apartment will be not usable again for when you are not there, so it is like going to another lot and the sims at home start doing what they want without you having the control

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

@Adam’s Eve is this a wig? Her natural hair was looking good lately.

Yeah that's a wig, she made a video about it on her vlog channel but I fell asleep during it so couldn't tell you any of the details

Im a sims 4 hater so I’ll keep most my thoughts to myself but 

mess at them not even having features a game in 2008 had. And it’s a shame. This is the first pack in YEARS that seemed interesting to me 

Edited by xXavril
  • Like 2

Massive Playstation sale on EPs.

HSY, Growing Together are $25 USD.

Horse Ranch on sale for $30 USD. 

Cottage Living on sale for $20 USD

All the others are $16 USD. You can get My First Pet for free if you buy the C&D bundle. 

On 11/18/2023 at 12:08 PM, Sailor Moon said:

THE DETAILS 

:jonny2:

inZOI coming in where ParaLives continues to make everyone wait on, as well as the other game platforms. This looks insane.

4 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

inZOI coming in where ParaLives continues to make everyone wait on, as well as the other game platforms. This looks insane.

So apparently the game will be released on steam in late 2024.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 1:35 AM, Walk_Away21 said:

@Adam’s Eve is this a wig? Her natural hair was looking good lately.

My wig senses are tingling. The wigs are back, we love her again!

:jonny4:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Adam’s Eve said:

Inzoi looks like a flop. It’s giving all visuals no gameplay. I hope I’m wrong though.

That’s usually the case. I’m not falling for it until I see the gameplay in detail. :skull: 

none of these simulation games will ever top sims 2, no game will ever come close to what they achieved in terms of gameplay depth, humour, aesthetic (the perfect balance between being realistic and cartoon-y), stories, DLCs, the lore/mysteries... even the intro video and the cover arts are ICONIC.

220px-The_sims_2.jpg

the hours long videos on youtube about the lore and mysteries, even the grim repear having so much personality, all the neighbourhoods filled with drama and narrative, HEW ELSE??? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

none of these simulation games will ever top sims 2, no game will ever come close to what they achieved in terms of gameplay depth, humour, aesthetic (the perfect balance between being realistic and cartoon-y), stories, DLCs, the lore/mysteries... even the intro video and the cover arts are ICONIC.

220px-The_sims_2.jpg

the hours long videos on youtube about the lore and mysteries, even the grim repear having so much personality, all the neighbourhoods filled with drama and narrative, HEW ELSE??? 

Sims 2 was something else, the way you could create neighborhood and stories that would change the dynamics

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

220px-The_sims_2.jpg

:clap3:

Thanks for saying it! :heart2:

This will forever be the best Sims trailer EVER!

The official uploads are so low quality, I need a 4k version!

:jonny5:

I love this guy's videos on TS2 content

https://www.youtube.com/@crazymarq4390/videos

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

220px-The_sims_2.jpg

They could try it if they wanted, but they've decided that Sims 5 should be a freemium app instead.

I just started watching this let's play and she really made me want to go back to the game :jonny5:

So I have the game with all the packs, but the reshade isn't working for me :chick3:

The furniture and cat towers in MFP slap tbh

I use it more often than several expansion packs.

I like to watch the rodents, they have good animations. 

And the guy hair is how my hair looks when I get out of bed which amuses me. 

It's oddly fun to make patterns with the hampster decals.

10/10 DLC tbh. 

On 11/20/2023 at 1:22 PM, RideOrDie said:

220px-The_sims_2.jpg

The way this game had me serving Nancy Drew with the Bella Goth storyline.. I was obsessed with solving that mystery :jonny5:

• Like 2

Found some Sims 2 Prima Guides. I had no idea that every individual expansion had its own guide book. Got me in the mood to go back to Sims 2!

There’s only 9 new lots in the New World for the For Rent EP. :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Rogue said:

There’s only 9 new lots in the New World for the For Rent EP. :deadbanana2:

Please :bibliahh: Inb4 'achktually you can have 6 apartments per lot, so that's 54!! 🤓

No wonder they released three expansions this year when they're just Game Packs with an EP label.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Everything map-wise went to hell after Jim (I believe that was his name) left in 2017  to work for Horizon.

He made San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay. I think he also worked on Windenburg. 

And we get zero collectible spawns in worlds these days. 

I would prefer them to stop wasting time on useless small worlds in EPs and instead introduce proper World Packs (which is what Get Together was meant to be apparently). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.