Bridgerton | Season 3 | Netflix

Gui Blackout

Not that stale couple :deadbanana2: I'm actually annoyed they do in fact end up together :skull: But in Shonda I trust 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starkboy

• AbeHicks

• fridayteenage

• CBC

1 hour ago, Desire said:

Not that stale couple :deadbanana2: I'm actually annoyed they do in fact end up together :skull: But in Shonda I trust 

Why would you be annoyed? Their book is next level amazing.  The showrunners have plenty to work with, we are in for a treat.

1 hour ago, AbeHicks said:

Why would you be annoyed? Their book is next level amazing.  The showrunners have plenty to work with, we are in for a treat.

none of the books are amazing tbh.

colin is also pretty blah in it; his only personality is 'oh no everyone loves me for no reason. that's so sad!'

i like penelope tho.

Ummm not the spoil that Colin and Penelope will end up together... anyway I'm excited I love Penelope's character and I hope we get to see a change in her confidence.

7 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

I'm still hoping they do it :skull: 

Yes it would be completely unrealistic and a change from the books but honestly it makes zero sense that Benedict is straight :skull:

Pfff... :dies: I thought it was weird they only gave us a single gay crumb in season 1 and never touched it again. Personally I don't mind if they make him bi and show hookups with both women and man

• ATRL Moderator

What I don't understand is why would they even address queerness being stigmatized and frowned upon in the same word where racism doesn't exist :rip:

I mean, I don't mind and I understand the book doesn't really deal with much if any queer narratives, no?

Didn’t he literally say that he’s not interested/into her?? :ace:

I didn’t really watch S1 and only skipped thought it back when it got released and thought I’d do the same with S2 but found myself watching the entire thing and actually enjoying it. I couldn’t stand Anthony but he did a 180 in S2 but queen Simone Ashley is the one that got me hooked this time!

I thought that the whole thing was pretty comedic since it was pretty funny instead of dramatic, but...

Spoiler

The reason Anthony was afraid to let his guard down was kind of complex and actually touching... and the scene where his dad died was so sad

When I looked who’s the next novel was about, I was glad that if it’s not Eloise then at least it was Benedict since as messy as his character was, he was actually interesting and entertaining, but Collin, really??

Edited by Michael196

2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

What I don't understand is why would they even address queerness being stigmatized and frowned upon in the same word where racism doesn't exist :rip:

I mean, I don't mind and I understand the book doesn't really deal with much if any queer narratives, no?

I think racism exists but it's not as pronounced as irl. There's a time in s1 where the queen talks about how it was a big scandal when she married to king and said something along the lines of "we (which I interpreted as interracial couples) once had to face the same stigma" or something. I think it makes sense for queerness to be stigmatized in this world tho because the era had very well defined gender roles and the two would clash

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, CBC said:

I think racism exists but it's not as pronounced as irl. There's a time in s1 where the queen talks about how it was a big scandal when she married to king and said something along the lines of "we (which I interpreted as interracial couples) once had to face the same stigma" or something. I think it makes sense for queerness to be stigmatized in this world tho because the era had very well defined gender roles and the two would clash

I recall that scene but it hasn't been mentioned at all since and they don't appear to be interested in bringing it up.

This is a fantasy world where the queen being a woman of color essentially solved racism, there's no need to stigmatize queerness, in fact it would have been better not to address it all considering it was an afterthought in season 1 and never brought up again :rip: it bothered me in season one because the show essentially said 'oh yeah race doesn't matter anymore but being gay is a problem' for like a second. Why bring it up at all if it doesn't even pertain to the story :toofunny2: the show went out of it's way to let the audience know that being queer was against this society's morals and then called it a day. Again, I'm not particularly bothered by it it just always struck me as a weird choice :michael:

9 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Good to know because in the show they are so blah 

2 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Didn’t he literally say that he’s not interested/into her?? :ace:

I didn’t really watch S1 and only skipped thought it back when it got released and thought I’d do the same with S2 but found myself watching the entire thing and actually enjoying it. I couldn’t stand Anthony but he did a 180 in S2 but queen Simone Ashley is the one that got me hooked this time!

I thought that the whole thing was pretty comedic since it was pretty funny instead of dramatic, but...

Hide contents

The reason Anthony was afraid to let his guard down was kind of complex and actually touching... and the scene where his dad died was so sad

When I looked who’s the next novel was about, I was glad that if it’s not Eloise then at least it was Benedict since as messy as his character was, he was actually interesting and entertaining, but Collin, really??

in his book benedict just comes off as a sexual predator tbh.

Binged the show in 3 days :rip: S2 was more fun than S1. Already disappointed at the next couple. The good sis Penelope deserves some but I’m not interested in Colin at all and also he’s not hot (sorry). Give me Benedict. I hope they will feature Kanthony next season a lot, it’d be weird not to considering they’ll be living in the same house.

I wonder why there’s so much focus on the queen marrying off her nephew the prince of prussia, when she apparently has so many children (15?) who I would assume also need matches? I wonder if the fact she mentioned how many she had is a hint that some will be introduced later? I don’t know how it goes in the books.

51 minutes ago, Park Jinyoung said:

I wonder why there’s so much focus on the queen marrying off her nephew the prince of prussia, when she apparently has so many children (15?) who I would assume also need matches? I wonder if the fact she mentioned how many she had is a hint that some will be introduced later? I don’t know how it goes in the books.

she's not in the books at all

12 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

she's not in the books at all

Ohhh :deadbanana2: Let me go read the tl;dr for each book 

18 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

It will definitely be less sexy than the other two but the whole wallflower girl gets the love of her life and hapily ever after trope is gonna a hit with a lot of viewers. It will be more a sweet love story. They said Kanthony will solid screen time next season so they'll probably balance it out with them.

that + Benedict and Eloise will probably get tons of screentime considering they are fan faves and up next. Actually making Benedict the 4th season main character is kinda smart cause there are more chances the show gets renewed for a 5th season, in case Penelope/Colin's one underperforms.

I just hope they don't give too much screentime to the Faetheringtons cause they are so boring :rip: Penelope is the only interesting one

7 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I recall that scene but it hasn't been mentioned at all since and they don't appear to be interested in bringing it up.

This is a fantasy world where the queen being a woman of color essentially solved racism, there's no need to stigmatize queerness, in fact it would have been better not to address it all considering it was an afterthought in season 1 and never brought up again :rip: it bothered me in season one because the show essentially said 'oh yeah race doesn't matter anymore but being gay is a problem' for like a second. Why bring it up at all if it doesn't even pertain to the story :toofunny2: the show went out of it's way to let the audience know that being queer was against this society's morals and then called it a day. Again, I'm not particularly bothered by it it just always struck me as a weird choice :michael:

Well the entire premise of the show is rooted in gender placement though. Like girls are supposed to be married off at a certain age / supposed to stay at home and take care of the household etc., and the opposite for boys. So of course being gay would be a huge problem in that society. Race does not play a huge role in the plot of the show.

13 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I absolutely agree with everything you said lol. It was super weird to bring both subjects for 5 seconds and not develop them at all :toofunny2: I do hope they dig more into them because I want to know if the prejudice against the queen was about black people or interracial couples I also want to know what and how exactly as society changed thanks to her marriage. I also want them to explore the lgbt part too just because I liked the underground freedom of the arts club. I think they might develop these themes tho cuz it seems they like to take their time by looking at Eloise's evolution + the fact she's not even the 3rd season main char :gaycat3:

5 hours ago, Starkboy said:

that + Benedict and Eloise will probably get tons of screentime considering they are fan faves and up next. Actually making Benedict the 4th season main character is kinda smart cause there are more chances the show gets renewed for a 5th season, in case Penelope/Colin's one underperforms.

I just hope they don't give too much screentime to the Faetheringtons cause they are so boring :rip: Penelope is the only interesting one

Omg I love the Featheringtons specially Portia. When she screwed up by forcing the cousin to marry her daughter and then sent him packing to America on his own :bibliahh: power ***** moves :clap3:

I'm sort glad that they are wrapping up Pen and Colin first... Because I need Eloise and Benedict to have a lavender marriage with another brother sister pair... Now that would be something!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, Starkboy said:

The Featherington Mom is legit one of the best characters of the show. Mega underrated tbh best mom char 100% ouf of the show

Finished the whole show 10 hours ago and craving for more 

Maybe I'll read the tldr of the books

8 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

The Featherington Mom is legit one of the best characters of the show. Mega underrated tbh best mom char 100% ouf of the show

Right? She's my fave too. So amazing.

Not sure about the next season because I can't stand Penelope. I loved season 2 though.

give me Benedict nude scene that's all I asked for he's so hot

Collin is cute but Penenope is kind of boring

I'm not into Eloise at all she's an interesting character but her attitude is off-putting

The way they put POC into white people clothing/appearance is kind of eerie though ngl

15 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

Finished the whole show 10 hours ago and craving for more 

Maybe I'll read the tldr of the books

The books are better than the show imo

Edited by SpaceMan

penelope is annoying :rip:

benedict or eloise outsold :bam:

• 5 weeks later...

Sneak peek at the new look in s3

FVoQut7X0AA5pQX?format=jpg&name=large

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.